Agu Plugins: Folders Plus! (more image folders!)

Agustin

Whoa, just take it easy man.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Folders Plus

Intro: 

This amazing plugin allows you to use more folders in your game.

Features:

• Multiple folders to put your enemies, (facesets coming soon), character sets, sideview battlers, and even Yanfly's Animated Sideview Enemies in!
  • Custom folders without using prefixes (but notetags instead)
  • Customizable notetags so you don't have to memorize them! (WHOA that's actually pretty original... :))
  • ChangeActorGraphic and ChangeActorBattler plugin commands.
  • (Coming Soon) Multiple sound folders and support for parallaxes and pictures
  • (Coming Soon) Also support for further notetag customization.
  • (Coming Soon) Customizable plugin commands and more plugin commands.

Basic Instructions

Say you want a special folder that is just for bosses in your game... Just follow these steps:

1. Think of a prefix for your boss images, it could be something like " " or "boss ", it doesn't matter. You probably noticed that space after the "" or after "boss", it's there because the way the prefix format is this: prefixFilename, so there is no space between the prefix and name by default. (If the non-prefixes version is being used, use the notetag <Path: path> to specify the path of the enemy/actor image.)                                                                                                                                                                                                
  2. Now, normally you would select the enemy image in the database where it shows you to... but with this, you have to write the filename in the notetags like so:

Spoiler

Enemy Notetag Example.png
  1. But, you can customize these notetags! Or at least the bulk of them, the format goes like this: "<notetag: filename>", except for facesets (coming soon) and character sets which work like this: "<notetagIndex: filename>" with no space between the character/face index and the notetag, but you can put it in if you want. Which means...

Enemy Notetag Example.png                 can become...                    Enemy Notetag Example 2.png
  2. (technically 3a.) For now, you can only customize the text base of the notetag, but soon I'll allow for a bit more customization. :)  I still need to learn some more RegExp ;)  (@Yanfly cuz that's what he uses to read notetags...)
  3. That minor sidenote out of the way, let me explain how the folder stuff works. First, you need to make a new folder for your amazing Big Boss Guy. For now, let's just call the folder "bosses". Just put it in your game folder, it can go anywhere, in your img folder, your sound folder, your plugins folder, just as long as it is in your game folder. (pretty cool :)) Quick screenshot because:

Folder Screenshot.pngFolder Screenshot 2.pngFolder Screenshot 3.png
  4.  Now just drop that quality image of the Big Boss Guy into your folder, make sure it matches your filename listed in your notetags. Should be like this:

Image Example.png

Plugin Command Instructions:

ChangeActorGraphic/Battler:

Spoiler

Plugin Command Example.png

The above picture shows how this plugin command works. If you are changing the Actor Graphic, you must specify an index. It's a straightforward plugin command, just remember to keep the filename in quotes, or at least if the filename has a space. but it has a bit extra to it... The special part that actually affects the user is that you can do a special actorID. If you want to do an eval for the actorID for those coders out there, just put @'s around the eval. The value the eval gets is given by a return statement, so it should look something like this:

Plugin Command Example 2.png

That snippet of code selects the first actor in the party, which is pretty useful. You could use it for plenty of other things, but know I have not tested it to the extreme... The next cool thing you can do is you can write the actor's name instead of his ID for the lazy people among us. (I'm one of them) Works like the eval but with quotes instead like you do with the filename.

Plugin Command Example 3.png

Just know that it selects the first actor with that name. Now the final part to this plugin command is something that's probably only impressive (if it is impressive) to developers. It is extremely crucial to the plugin, and it took a nice, long time to make... This plugin command is space-compatible with the actor names and filenames. Here's what I mean:

Plugin Command Example 4.png

Alright, have fun using this plugin I guess. (For people who aren't developers and are still reading, what I mean when I say it's space compatible is that when you are getting the user input from a plugin command, it auto-splits it by spacing, making it uncomfortable and difficult for spaces in names and stuff.

Download:

Download Core (Required)

Download Folders Plus (w/out prefixes)

Download Folders Plus (w/ prefixes)

Thanks... and here's some more stuff:

Terms of Use:

Free to use in non-commercial and commercial, credit is optional! :)

Changelog:

-Version 1.03 - Added support for faces and ChangeActorFace. It works just like ChangeActorGraphic, just for faces... :p

- Version 1.02 - Fixed eval for ChangeActorGraphic/Battler, it now uses "@" for wrapping and is space-compatible. Also added support for not using prefixes.

-1.02a - Fixed an error that broke sideview actors.

- Version 1.01 - Tricked out the forum page and added necessary plugin commands. Also started thinking about the future... :)

- Version 1.00 - Created the brand new better Folders Plus plugin!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Agustin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bug fixes: The parameters weren't being entered properly, I'm not sure why this didn't show up when I was testing... Everything should work properly now! :)

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is a really well made plugin, and is a really good idea! I always hated how big my SV_Actor folder is, I literally just spent 5mins looking for the exact name of ONE file...

Thanks for this super duper awesome plugin Agustin!

Agustin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Kloe Thank you! :)  I think what I'm going to add next is a way to divide enemies into different folders, it should take like 10 minutes or 20 minutes to make. That way you can have bosses in one folder and normal enemies in another, or just divide them by area!

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Kloe Thank you! :)  I think what I'm going to add next is a way to divide enemies into different folders, it should take like 10 minutes or 20 minutes to make. That way you can have bosses in one folder and normal enemies in another, or just divide them by area!
That... is... AMAZING!!  :D :D

I love being organised! Good Luck Agustin!  ;)

Agustin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Kloe It has been finished! Sorry for the delay, but adding support for 40 folders, takes some time. Even using for loops for most of it, writing the parameters is pretty time-consuming. Hope this helps! Maybe later I'll start adding support for static enemies and even front-view enemies.

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Kloe It has been finished! Sorry for the delay, but adding support for 40 folders, takes some time. Even using for loops for most of it, writing the parameters is pretty time-consuming. Hope this helps! Maybe later I'll start adding support for static enemies and even front-view enemies.
40!? That's incredible! Thank you so much, I wouldn't have the patience for making that... 40 folders is enough to pretty much sort it by anything, even name!

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Thanks!

Edit : would it be possible to have a version for front view too, please ? ^^;

Agustin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks!

Edit : would it be possible to have a version for front view too, please ? ^^;
@Chaos17 Not just front-view... Introducing a brand new PLUGINNNNN! Folders Plus! The plugin works for actor's map characters and sideview battlers (not events just yet) and all types of enemies. Static sideview enemies, animated sideview enemies, and evennnn FRONT-VIEW enemies. Just like you wanted :). Parallax and picture support is coming soon, as well as support for event stuff. (If the original post isn't updated yet, just wait a bit... The plugin is done, but I'm writing the post now.)

edit: It's done! I had dinner... :p

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Thank you very much!

Mv lacking subfolders options is stupid...

I'm downloading now the new update and I look foward to others update too.

My others folders will greatly appreciate XD

Agustin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Pretty big update but more to come... Enjoy the new plugin commands and thread look! (there's a lot more coming and it's gonna happen fast)

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Liking your work so far :D

But yeah, prefix kinda make it a little bit confusing.

Agustin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

@Chaos17 Yeah, I started to realize that, but I am making a new method that should be up at around tomorrow or Saturday at the latest. :)  It's a pretty simple change, but the prefixes will be necessary for stuff like sounds and maybe parallaxes and pictures.

edit: For plugin commands, I might add an option to select a path, too.

Agustin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Plugin Update! Eval has been fixed so now it is space-compatible, plus I was stupid and made the asterisk (the multiplication symbol in coding) the eval wrapping system. It's now an "@" and eval has been made so that value is returned with a return statement, look in Plugin Command Instructions for more info. Finally, the prefix system is dead, if you prefer it, you can still use it, but it might get discontinued... Tell me if you want it kept! Instead of prefixes, file path can be declared through notetags, specifically the <Path: filepath> notetag. Simple as that! Have fun everyone!

Agustin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bug fixingThe sideview actors weren't loading properly, but it's been fixed! 

Ice Bear

Ice Bear for President
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow! This is great and I cannot wait for the facesets to come out! I have tons of facesets and it just a clutter to scroll down to what image I want. Will definitely download this and put in this into my project!

Agustin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow! This is great and I cannot wait for the facesets to come out! I have tons of facesets and it just a clutter to scroll down to what image I want. Will definitely download this and put in this into my project!
Thanks for the feedback! :) Expect facesets soon, shouldn't take longer than 30 minutes to an hour. Also, do you have a preference to prefixes or no prefixes?

Agustin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Plugin update! Now face compatible!!! Also, I am going to make a plugin video so instructions are clearer and am going to work out the forum page... It could be better :p

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
A video tutorial is always welcome BD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We are truly intellectuals.
Without using violence without weapons
Our group has as many as 1.3 million people and more than 1 hundred thousand talks.
We gathered in an hour, more than 4.5 Half a hundred thousand

I got a Sword.
I got an Axe.
I got two Swords.
Nothing to see here, just walking with my dog.
I haven’t worked on my game in a while. Tomorrow might be the day.
*squeals* :kaoblush:

I've been experimenting with improved memory management again, which allowed me to include items to increase player path length. These are both 44 grid spaces long, and stable. :LZSexcite:
I FINALLY DID IT! 5 years making my very first game and I just officially released it on STEAM..... OMG..... I can say I finished a game! The feelings!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akasheee