AI for making game without writing text (GPT-3)

gtswaifuism

Psychic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Most probably already heard about this one, but I think AI Dungeon helps a lot with creating the game story, it's free for the basic AI and 9$/month for the advanced "Dragon" AI.

I found this other one, although I haven't tested it yet(costs 5$/month), but it seems it can generate all text for profiles, quests, skills, monsters, and everything for the lore.

Hopefully someone makes a plugin in the future so we can generate everything procedurally in RPG Maker.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use this one as base: AutoRMmap which creates maps fromRTP tileset,
download the map as JSON, import it inside your project, than alternate it
in the way you seem fit, you can add % ornament as well.

while it's working nicely, it's best to use it as base and make it how you see fit :)

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've had the basic version on my Discord on request of some users, and can't say I was very impressed with it. I mean, it's nice for messing around with for the lols, but it gets lost very easily and way too often does whatever it wants. I suppose you could use it for inspiration for setting up scenarios, but I wouldn't trust it to write a story for me.

gtswaifuism

Psychic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've had the basic version on my Discord on request of some users, and can't say I was very impressed with it. I mean, it's nice for messing around with for the lols, but it gets lost very easily and way too often does whatever it wants. I suppose you could use it for inspiration for setting up scenarios, but I wouldn't trust it to write a story for me.
I think the "Dragon" is like 5x better and good enough for writing a basic story and dialogue, although it has a lot to improve and still needs us to fine-tune it. I was lacking inspiration for a quest, so I basically had it generate all dialogue(of which I only used about 50%).

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use this one as base: AutoRMmap which creates maps fromRTP tileset,
download the map as JSON, import it inside your project, than alternate it
in the way you seem fit, you can add % ornament as well.

while it's working nicely, it's best to use it as base and make it how you see fit :)
Seems like a better generator than the in-engine default, granted it only does (very basic landmass) world maps and (cavern) dungeons, but at least they look a bit more natural than the in-engine gen and make for a much better starting point than a few rooms with hallways.
(75x75 seems to be the more optimal size, as 50x50 is too small for decently sized dungeons- might be good for individual rooms- and 100x100 is too 'open' to really work as a good map.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Diretooth that why I use it as starter base to improve, at least you have a shape,
some ornaments if you like to have a bit more insight.

the actual path is something you create, you can also screenshot it, from 100x100 and 40x40
and combine them, then re-create it inside your game.

40x40 is small, better maps stars from 50x50, so 50x100 soes really well, but while nothing
is 100% perfect, even there is a plugin map generator, it still is not perfect which also
places maps.

the actual maps as dev is always on your side, the tool cant create fully maps for you
or overworld map, or events placing and dialogue what they say etc, it would be to
simple or never fit your needs.

tonytank1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
AutoRMmap makes pretty good maps but I kind of hate the blocky RTP tiles. Anyone else prefer to use the more rounded and natural looking outside hills to make dungeons?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just spent $174 on Shining the Holy Ark on the Saturn. Good lord.
My brain when designing quests:
There is piano, it needs help --> The organ (yes organ now) is missing a component! --> Where the heck am I supposed to put this missing piece!??! --> Add an entire new mini dungeon specifically created to house this new piece. --> Connect this brand new mini dungeon to an already designed dungeon with background information about the town it's found it.

Me: :LZYhuh:
Rising of the Shield Hero!
Sheesh, Guys, don't think you can throw easy prices like $25/$50 on potions/ethers then have monsters pay you $75 for killing them (never understood that concept btw lol) and think it'll all work out!!! Just realized my prcies vs payout left my players unable to get decent stuff without some serious farming from the start, i'm about to call H&R Block to help my MC get his stimulus check just to buy new armor :LZSlol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuichiro13