RMMV AI Generated Portraits for Game Portraits

AesynthGrey

"Who are your ancestors, really?"
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know that this kind of thing is up-and-coming, but I just had the idea of using my portraits (namely made from artbreeder.com) as character portraits. Like seeing the faces on dialogue or just in the main player/stats screen. The few images included are concept arts for a book I'm writing that I plan to turn into an RPG. Yes, artbreeder is capable of creating facial expressions. What do you guys think of this idea?

KolvirFE.jpeg OliviannaFE.jpeg OolitianFE.jpeg

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think it's a splendid idea! I may try this out as well. Though, I find some of the portraits to have a bit of an uncanny valley vibe. I like the portraits that look like they're painted than the ones that look like a photo. Edit: Hmm, perhaps I can make a portrait of an Elf-Orc hybrid, lol.

Last edited:

Zeriab

Huggins!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Already testing it out. I think has the potential to work quite well depending on your art direction.

AesynthGrey

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think this is really good for my own situation. The character creator in RPGMaker just wasn't doing it for me. With that website, I can create any kind of character I want with any kind of skin color, hair color or eye color, no matter how vivid I want it to look. Here's another couple I might use. Since a few of the characters in my game don't have the ability to speak, they won't have mouth-open portraits.

NephaelMA.jpeg ArkethiaFE.jpeg

StrawberryFlower

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm really terrible at using this program lol.

Gensun

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I see these styles used for a RM game I'm expecting it to be some sort of "realistic" game. There's a lot of JRPG mechanics that might clash with the art style, just sayin'

123edc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
*jump's in* ... someones talking about ai-generated characters ...
yeah, that's realy an upcoming thing ... not only portraits nowadays
FV-2jGiagAU0H4N

FV4zGejaAAAm7Bz

FV0TgVgakAAEPfP

AesynthGrey

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I see these styles used for a RM game I'm expecting it to be some sort of "realistic" game. There's a lot of JRPG mechanics that might clash with the art style, just sayin'
There's other art styles than can be used. I'm just saying that AI gens could be used for portraits. There's even an anime generator in that site.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Food for thought. Factorio: Spaghetti belts make your factory inefficient as you fight for space constantly. Satisfactory: Spaghetti belts and massive clipping is the most efficient way to run your factory since it's the shortest distances.
ScreenShot_8_19_2022_8_51_4.png
Both Mike and Ray here are in a "HYPE!" state after Mike uses "Wild Party", which also heals everyone. they'll do more damage and counter more often, but defense is lower along with hit rate.
WHEEL3.gif
Ooker spookers and fun attack mechanics! What a Friday!
Not today... Not today...
I guess I should send my CV to Hasbro. I've made Monopoly cheaters edition more fun and challenging. I've developed custom cheats and chest/chance cards for it. And I've cleared many nightmares through my cards and rules.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Balalaika