the silks angel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aibou
Aibou - "partner" in Japanese - a visual novel game based on true events.
This game is dedicated to my Aibou :kaoluv:

[will video do instead a screenshots cuzz i can't upload rite now? ? here's studio blue playthrouh]

DOWNLOAD HERE [150mb]

Synopsis/Features
Umber Johanson is an ordinary boy with a passion for aerial dance. He's perfectly accustomed to his everyday routines and mediocre existence. That is until he meets the daredevil Lumin Goethra, and his life is changed forever. Spin, tumble, and swing in this quaint story about two souls merging under the precious title of Aibou.

Characters

Umber Johanson:
A 14-year-old nobody who lives an average life. He has been performing in the circus arts, primarily as a soloist aerial silks dancer, for years. Cotton candy is his favorite food.

Lumin Goethra:
A shrimpy little guy with a penchant for dangerous stunts. Umber feels mysteriously drawn to Lumin almost immediately upon their meeting.

Current Features

* Approximately 1 hour of story-driven gameplay
* Creative "battles" utilizing QTE's as you dance your way to victory
* Choices determine game difficulty as well as dialogue flow
* Custom bust graphics

Upcoming Features

* Fully voiced dialogues
* Completely custom graphics and animations
* Animated scenes
* Dialogue overhaul with skippable texts and flavorings
* Skill-building simulation and calendar system
* Around 4-5 hours of gameplay
* Multiple Endings

A very special shoutout to @DaveyBriteRPG - without his music, this novel's atmosphere wouldn't be complete. And to @kalilachan and @Guiguimu for testing. Rest of the credits in-game.

Gallia

Global Support
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@umbralshadows ,

It seems i'm the first one to review your product.
Well let's get started.

What did i like ?
  • A nice opening screen.
  • The game had a good start.
  • I like the fonts you used.
  • Its easy to play.
  • I like the artstyle, i know its not Anime standards, but any self drawn picture means that you put efford into it.
  • The music is nice and fitting for every moment.
  • I like the whole story ;)
What i didn't like ?
  • During a "battle sequence with QTE's" when you fail the tutorial repeats itself.
  • During the first act, at times i felt bad when i remembered how my past was, i'd rather forget it.
  • QTE's have a small time window.
What did i notice ?
  • When i opened the folder with the Exe in it, i came across a Txt file, and it contained your username and email, be sure to remove it.
  • Lumin didn't have a right hand in the image you see in act 3.
What can be improved ?
  • Not much actually, but i can recommend something.
What can i recommend ?
  • I really enjoyed the story, and that is the point of your game, what i recommend is to get VN Maker when its released, I just know that you can explain the story more detailed as a full visual novel ;)
My final words.
There wasn't much gameplay, but i didn't put it in the list because its a visual novel, i enjoyed the story, its well written, and when i played i feel that you put your heart and soul into it.
All by all you did a very good job.

umbralshadows

the silks angel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yeah im eagerly waiting for vn maker. i will hav all customed art an more gameplay in future versions. .. an less rushed art [i remake it all an it will be animated probably]. it was tuff ta finish it in less than a week but i learnt allot bout rpgmaker an so i'm shure my next release will be better. thanks for the nice review man!!

Gallia

Global Support
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yeah im eagerly waiting for vn maker. i will hav all customed art an more gameplay in future versions. .. an less rushed art [i remake it all an it will be animated probably]. it was tuff ta finish it in less than a week but i learnt allot bout rpgmaker an so i'm shure my next release will be better. thanks for the nice review man!!
You're welcome, i can't say the art is rushed, but i'm looking forwards to your update.
Also the half moon and sun masks reminds me of 2 rare hunters from Yu-Gi-Oh!
Yeah i can find some refferences XD.

kalilachan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I cant wait for the full version <3

@umbralshadows oooooh you are gonna make a vn version?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In today's seminar:
Presenter: In the past, there was a saying, "One who has tuberculosis is doomed for life." But now-"
Everyone: *starts coughing in unision*
Gosh... Today seems too much like a good day to do nothing....

I need to keep myself focused...! :kaoback:
javascript'ing essentials.

So, what can I do solve this problem, guys? The plugin is MOG_Weather and I have several Yanfly plugins too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinzBandicoot