Almighty Maker of Sandwiches
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello all you happy game makers!

It has been quite a while. So long in fact that I have almost forgotten how to structure things properly, so I will have to work on that. I've been dabbling in a new style that I'd love to continue getting right, and in the spirit of the Touch the Stars Game Jam that @Touchfuzzy recently announced, a good friend in the community suggested I go ahead and release alongside.

Now, this is far from done, but if there is enough interest in this style, I'd love to continue into full tileset options for commercial use. Interiors, exteriors, etc. Might even make more pieces for the airship to allow for more diverse themes and colors.

I've missed this community so much, and have certainly missed the gamejams. I am looking forward to participating, and of course, I would love to see how you might use this piece for such a fun and creative project theme.

It's good to be back. :)

Ship is free to use in both commercial and non-commercial projects. Please credit me when using, and link all references back to this post. As always, I'd love any feedback you might have on how to improve for the next time. Happy making!

Airship.pngAirshipoverlay.pngSeaship.pngSeashipoverlay.png

Last edited:

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
OMG that's freakin' amazing! While you're on the subject of vehicles.. I wouldn't mind if you made this kinda style for ships too :p My pirate game could use a few of those xD

Gabrelik

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OMG that's freakin' amazing! While you're on the subject of vehicles.. I wouldn't mind if you made this kinda style for ships too :p My pirate game could use a few of those xD
Actually fully intend to make some masts for this. I'll do that soon.

Gabrelik

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, everyone! It was pointed out that the airship rail was not part of the overlay, so I've fixed that. I've also added a seafaring ship as well (my attempt at one, anyway). I wanted to do this anyway, and I appreciated the suggestion from @lordvalinar. Same credit/use rules apply. Have fun!

Seaship.pngSeashipoverlay.png

Gabrelik

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've had a request to create a "villain" version of this ship for both sea and air. Are there other versions of the ship that people would like? If so, let me know here.

Also, if this is a style you find appealing, would it be worth creating other assets like this? If so, what would you like to see?

BrandyMoon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great airships! I could see these used as both sprites and tiles in a map with a little tinkering. :ptea:

Gabrelik

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great airships! I could see these used as both sprites and tiles in a map with a little tinkering. :ptea:
Thanks! It does remind me that I'll need to make some on-map vehicle sprites for both of these. I'll try and do that soon.

BrandyMoon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! It does remind me that I'll need to make some on-map vehicle sprites for both of these. I'll try and do that soon.

That would be pretty cool. There are a lot of airship sprites but most are very smol and not that detailed, more like airship symbols than fully rendered graphics.

Gabrelik

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A lot of that may just be to do with how small they have to be to properly function in the engine. I've not messed around with them too much though, so it may be alright. I'll try it out this evening and see where we get. :)

Do you think people might be interested in additional tiles in this style? Villages, ports, items, etc?

BrandyMoon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A lot of that may just be to do with how small they have to be to properly function in the engine. I've not messed around with them too much though, so it may be alright. I'll try it out this evening and see where we get. :)

Do you think people might be interested in additional tiles in this style? Villages, ports, items, etc?

MV does have some leeway to be flexible with that, atleast. Anyway looking forward to how it goes!

I'd really love to see some background tiles made similar to this, the idea of steampunky air ship and sea port tiles I'm sure alot would really appreciate if you did!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It is a curse getting better at javascript after each plugin... Now I am considering changing two previous plugins completely, and they're not small plugins either -.-' Not to mention that I'll add more features... This is why I never manage to release a game, I just keep updating everything I've already done :p
I have done nothing for my game in the last hours but look and modify my spreadsheets. lmao
A quarter of century ago, one astute frog man was born. :ninja:
All new MZ Weather & Title updates are also RETRO'able for MV! Updated RETRO project will be released on same day I'll release updated MZ demo -project!

retro.png
Just lost about half a day's worth of work because rpg maker crashed during playtesting and corrupted my file :kaolivid:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trollolol