Because you are...a puppet!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. It's been a minute. LOL.

I wanted to know how to set up events to be triggered by the airship.

This is the setup I did (conditional branch is me trying to find a workaround. Original didn't have it):

5KUppr5.png

Could it be that its below characters? Doesn't making it same or above characters either block or phase through characters? Am i mistaken?

Edit: Did both above and same as characters. Also did event and player touch. Nothing. :/

Thanks. :)

Last edited:

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you mean having the airship trigging an event when it flys over it? If that’s what you mean, the only way I know to do that would be to have a parallel event running that is tracking the x and y coordinates of the player in variables. In a separate event, use a conditional branch to check if the x and y variables match the location where you want the event to trigger. If you only want the event to run while the airship is driven, also check for that as you did above. Remember to add a wait command for a few frames so the parallel event doesn’t bog your game down too much.

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you mean having the airship trigging an event when it flys over it? If that’s what you mean, the only way I know to do that would be to have a parallel event running that is tracking the x and y coordinates of the player in variables. In a separate event, use a conditional branch to check if the x and y variables match the location where you want the event to trigger. If you only want the event to run while the airship is driven, also check for that as you did above. Remember to add a wait command for a few frames so the parallel event doesn’t bog your game down too much.

Oof. That sounds intense. This is literally just to change weather for a certain location when you get up to it. It works with the ship and the boat, but not the airship. I'll look into this, but I'm like 90% sure this won't work for me.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have a plugin for MV that does this and much more. For me, it's a must have for any project mostly for it's ability to cover multiple tiles with one event. But because it allows you to specify a mode of travel that will activate the event, it's useful for things like flying an airship to a floating island while not allowing you to walk or sail to it.

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ha no not complicated at all. You actually only need one event, not two and barely any commands. The entirety of the event is this:
A8052C05-88EE-4B12-9A85-7DB6E847F0E6.jpeg
That’s literally all you need. There are a lot of things you can do with an event like that as well.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, events deliberately don't trigger when you're in an airship (or a ship, I believe)

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a plugin for MV that does this and much more. For me, it's a must have for any project mostly for it's ability to cover multiple tiles with one event. But because it allows you to specify a mode of travel that will activate the event, it's useful for things like flying an airship to a floating island while not allowing you to walk or sail to it.

I looked into this. The only thing that worries me is not being able to do more than one tile for airships (at least thats how it reads to me) unless its ONE tile and then the rest is streached from the one to cover the area.

Ha no not complicated at all. You actually only need one event, not two and barely any commands. The entirety of the event is this:
View attachment 181790
That’s literally all you need. There are a lot of things you can do with an event like that as well.

Would I need a loop to track my player tho?

Yeah, events deliberately don't trigger when you're in an airship (or a ship, I believe)

Hmmmmm. I feel like there should have been a plugin to counter this then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No you only need exactly what I put in that event. Maybe even less depending on your needs.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I looked into this. The only thing that worries me is not being able to do more than one tile for airships (at least thats how it reads to me) unless its ONE tile and then the rest is streached from the one to cover the area.
It's the latter. You define one event and then define the range of you trigger distance to cover whatever other tiles you want. You could do x999 or y999 if you want it to span an entire map and as long as you don't include a mode of travel or include "airship" in you mode of travel, it'll trigger for you and change the weather.

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's the latter. You define one event and then define the range of you trigger distance to cover whatever other tiles you want. You could do x999 or y999 if you want it to span an entire map and as long as you don't include a mode of travel or include "airship" in you mode of travel, it'll trigger for you and change the weather.

Alright, so I tried it out, and it works wonderfully, except one thing: It triggers ANY events that have player touch assigned to them, not just the ones with the comments in them.

Imagine using the airship in a dungeon and flying over the walls of a maze you made. :kaoswt2:

Do I need to change all my entrances to towns to Event Touch just to make this work or was that unintentional?

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh. I'll have to look into that. It should function as normal if there's no comment specifying the trigger distance parameters.

Edit: @Jenova
Change this line of code in the plugin ...
Code:
var return_events = FROG.TriggerDistance.GameMapEventXy.call(this, x, y);

... to this ...

Code:
var return_events = !$gamePlayer.isInAirship() ? FROG.TriggerDistance.GameMapEventXy.call(this, x, y) : [];

... and I believe that it will function as I intended. Events that aren't marked with a comment should no longer trigger when you are in the airship.

Edit 2: I also updated the github file with this change.

Last edited:

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It doesn't look like you were notified about my edit. Hope the fix helps.

I'm glad you caught this bug because I had the same issue in my MZ project that I'm working on.

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It doesn't look like you were notified about my edit. Hope the fix helps.

I'm glad you caught this bug because I had the same issue in my MZ project that I'm working on.
I see it now. Thanks. Will work on this today and let you know

Edit: @Frogboy I can confirm this works. Thank you so much! :)

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News #18 | Moghunter is Back, Encrypt MV/MZ Plugins, Isometric Geometric Tiles
Unironically, no joke, after consideration and self-reflection, I have decided that the best thing for my creative/workflow/commitment problems is to spend EVEN MOAR hours a day playing videogames than I normally do. (Micro-thread)
FINALLY got my weather system implemented. Who needs a black mage when you have a weathermancer! :p
Oh boy! COVID19 lockdown again! Good thing I already never go outside! :D
This one is less showing off and more 'I really don't know how I feel about this one.' The 'child' sprite template I made either works great or doesn't at times. (She is a fairy, so I made her small).
Morgan.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaelith001