Vanilla Cheesecake

Cheesecake Demon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Whoa! I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on this battle system. Excellent job!♥
Do you guys have any plans to do things like input commands?

Also that leads me to another train of thought, as a bit of a coder myself, how receptive/flexible is the battle system to addons supported by the community?

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is fricking perfect! I think the one where the characters are looking up would be perfect for boss battles and side-view for everything else.

So I hope you implemented a way to switch between them.
Oh I think one of the future updates will allow that to be easier, you still will have to make some Plugin commands, but it should be pretty doable :ywink:

Whoa! I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on this battle system. Excellent job!♥
Do you guys have any plans to do things like input commands?

Also that leads me to another train of thought, as a bit of a coder myself, how receptive/flexible is the battle system to addons supported by the community?
Thanks friend! About that we have a note on the system help, I wlll post it here also o/

Code:
||       NOTES FOR ADD-ON DEVS!!!!
||
||   Most add-ons should work fine for this system, but if you do wish to
|| further improve your add-on experience with the plugin, you will do as it follows....(and it continues from here)
Its on the end of the help of the plugin, it has instructions on how to create specific add-ons, even though we did our best to make it possible to work with other add-ons already by default. :ysrs:

Vanilla Cheesecake

Cheesecake Demon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Many thanks! I'll definitely be testing out how to write addons later when I get home~

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks interesting, very similar to MV's Yanfly Action Sequences? Will probably give this a try. Mostly just because I like basic attacks to make characters move up to enemies to hit them.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Raizen, sorry to inform you that "Akea Animated Battle System 2" on your itch.io webpage cannot extract the rar file after the downloading process. However, the GitHub files are working and I download that way. Thank you for making the plugin and sharing it with us.

When I try to extract the RAR file, it said: "no archive found".

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Raizen, sorry to inform you that "Akea Animated Battle System 2" on your itch.io webpage cannot extract the rar file after the downloading process. However, the GitHub files are working and I download that way. Thank you for making the plugin and sharing it with us.

This might not be relevant to you but I have to ask anyway, what software do you use to extract archive files?

Because I had no problems extracting the one from the itch.io page.

Last edited:

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Many thanks! I'll definitely be testing out how to write addons later when I get home~
No problem o/, if there any issues just report them here.

Looks interesting, very similar to MV's Yanfly Action Sequences? Will probably give this a try. Mostly just because I like basic attacks to make characters move up to enemies to hit them.
Thanks friend! Ah I actually am not sure how alike it is because I never downloaded Yanfly's MV plugin haha, but if there is anything to add to the plugin just tell me o/.

That is weird D:, actually itch is acting weird here too when I try to download things. Well I've tested the download and it seems to be working, see if you can get it done without the demo. If you need the demo I can upload it somewhere else without the rar format :ysrs:

Hear the Megumin avatar friend :3, anyone with that avatar is probably trustworthy hah

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hear de Megumin avatar friend :3, anyone with that avatar is probably trustworthy hah
I mainly use it because of how cute it is. :yhappy:

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@NeoPGX, thank you for helping identify the problem. Yes, it is software. WinRAR archiver software is the issue. When I use 7-Zip software, the files are extracting the folder and working fine.

Last edited:

TrentL111

Archmage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks so much! I love how the camera moves when each character takes their turn. Makes combat much more dynamic. Cheers!

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks so much! I love how the camera moves when each character takes their turn. Makes combat much more dynamic. Cheers!
Oh you will need our add-on for that, it should be up by today! Gabe(Revali) has done it, and it is astounishing! :ysrs:

Edit: For whoever already download it, I have uploaded a new version and changed the way actions are called on the note tags, sorry if this is a bit of rework for some, but I did found it necessary so that it would be much easier for new add-ons to be added, by our team or any other dev \o/

Last edited:

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
I just wanna say, thank YOu so much for this amazing battle system!! <3 ^_^ You don't know how free control over battler sprite-sheets can help a ton! xDD Amazing job indeed! :)

Btw. As you said
It was made to optimize compatibility with other battle add-ons! Do not hesitate to add new features to this battle even if from different authors!
It means it's alright if I use it along with VisuStella battle core right? ^_^ <3 Thanks so much!

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just wanna say, thank YOu so much for this amazing battle system!! <3 ^_^ You don't know how free control over battler sprite-sheets can help a ton! xDD Amazing job indeed! :)

Btw. As you said

It means it's alright if I use it along with VisuStella battle core right? ^_^ <3 Thanks so much!
Oh if it works I can't see any problem with it XD, you can tell me later if it worked fine.

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Noted! :D <3 Thanks so much again! :)) ^_^

Milennin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been trying to get this to work, but nothing I put in Skill notetags seems to affect anything.
What does work is the stuff directly put into the plugin settings. I've made poses and actions to fit the default MZ sprite sheets, so far so good. Trying to make actions work through notetags in Skills results in nothing happening. It'll just perform the chant animation, and doesn't even use an attack animation, no matter what I put in the notetags.

I've been looking at the sample project, but it using a mix of custom and default sprite sheets really makes it difficult to find the info I need. I've copied over notetags and only edited the action ID's to fit my settings, still nothing is happening.

I do not have any other plugins enabled.

OK, the issue seems to be related to Skills bound to weapon. The notetags work on Skills cast from the Skill window, but Skills activated from being bound to a weapon just do nothing.

Last edited:

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been trying to get this to work, but nothing I put in Skill notetags seems to affect anything.
What does work is the stuff directly put into the plugin settings. I've made poses and actions to fit the default MZ sprite sheets, so far so good. Trying to make actions work through notetags in Skills results in nothing happening. It'll just perform the chant animation, and doesn't even use an attack animation, no matter what I put in the notetags.

I've been looking at the sample project, but it using a mix of custom and default sprite sheets really makes it difficult to find the info I need. I've copied over notetags and only edited the action ID's to fit my settings, still nothing is happening.

I do not have any other plugins enabled.

OK, the issue seems to be related to Skills bound to weapon. The notetags work on Skills cast from the Skill window, but Skills activated from being bound to a weapon just do nothing.
Oh I'll help you get it working, just the normal attack is bounded to the weapon.
You created aoo the actions and poses right? if you can show me some prints of how you did it.
Another thing it might be the version also can you check it? I'm sorry if it made you lose some time, but I've improved the way the notetags are written to help add-on devs, it is updated on the document of the plugin.

For whoever already download it, I have uploaded a new version and changed the way actions are called on the note tags, sorry if this is a bit of rework for some, but I did found it necessary so that it would be much easier for new add-ons to be added, by our team or any other dev \o/
But it is my fault, since I was running to make this better changes as soon as possible, it might be that the problem. If you want you can check out in the demo.

Milennin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh I'll help you get it working, just the normal attack is bounded to the weapon.
You created aoo the actions and poses right? if you can show me some prints of how you did it.
Another thing it might be the version also can you check it? I'm sorry if it made you lose some time, but I've improved the way the notetags are written to help add-on devs, it is updated on the document of the plugin.
Thanks for the quick reply. As I wrote in the edit of my post, it only seems to disable the notetags when the skill is linked to a weapon's Attack Skill. Once I removed that Attack Skill on the weapon Traits, it suddenly worked with the plugin notetags, using it as a normal skill.
Untitled.png
I'm using the plugin version I downloaded on the site earlier today, so I'm assuming it's the latest version?

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh yeah it is!
So maybe it is an improvement if I can understand it well.
When you link up a skill to the weapon it doesn't execute either notetags, is it basically that? If it is I can check it out to update it on a newer version. I didn't cover exactly that point you mentioned.

Milennin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes. I made a short video of an overview of my plugin settings, and showcasing the failure in the notetags when the skill is used on a weapon:

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh okay! Now I understand it perfectly! Thanks for the video.
I didn't actually touch that point, so I need to see how easy it is to implement it now, how it is working at this moment is that it will try to read the Notetag from the weapon, would that be too much of a step back for you at the moment?

Like this:
1599414317037.png

But I can also check it to see if I can chain the skills on the weapon's traits

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

After hearing Wataten's opening several times and knowing what this anime is about, I don't think I like moe anymore.
So I am working on a big DLC package for my game.... and it will add a new intro and extend the ending of the base game, while of course adding additional content to the game... Yeah, that should work! lol
I'm stuck, I'm making some of Mr. N's Dialogue but I can't finish his full Dialogue...heres what I got now [this is the part I'm stuck on] "You treat me like a
bug, I'M SICK OF IT, you had me make these...abominations...well, now..." and at the "Well, now...' part I'm stuck at, anyone got Ideas?
Ami
--- Top Up ---

Merchant: Diamond Sword cost 100 Diamonds
F.Magic Knight
: I don't have Diamonds,what should we do?
M.Knight: I don't have any choice,i have to Buy Diamonds with my Card
F.Magic Knight
: You do?
(M.Knight's Balance Just Have 1.25)
M.Knight: (Chuckle) Maybe,later…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nubadin