Akea Animated Battle System 2

Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Yeah that is one of the next things that we will do o/, First write the document for easier learning/using, getting the base system stable and then back to add-ons!

Thanks friend! I hope I can make the bes experience to all makers :3
Oh yeah that is possible, I don't know how deep I'm going to go on that part haha. my idea was the simpler one, but adding the power of effekseer and its particles could be a nice experiment, I might try your suggestion, maybe I'll get somewhere cool xD.

Would it be also potentially possible for a future plugin to draw lines from character to enemy or from enemy to character to animate laser weapons and other types of energy beams?

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would it be also potentially possible for a future plugin to draw lines from character to enemy or from enemy to character to animate laser weapons and other types of energy beams?
uhm, possible yes, but I'm thinking how it would be the best way to do it xD, since it needs to go to the target. Anyway I will post all my add-ons here, so you can always check out for updates! :ywink:

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh okay! Now I understand it perfectly! Thanks for the video.
I didn't actually touch that point, so I need to see how easy it is to implement it now, how it is working at this moment is that it will try to read the Notetag from the weapon, would that be too much of a step back for you at the moment?

But I can also check it to see if I can chain the skills on the weapon's traits
I could see it work fine either way, whichever is more convenient to develop. But it should help if you add a note in the help text if the animation is going to be linked to the weapons notetag. :)

chocopanda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know what is happening.. even though I turned off all the other plugins.. I'm getting this error on this specific plugin and I can't use all the other ones because the base one is not working.. :(

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    5.1 KB · Views: 3

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh, when its JSON error in any plugin, it usually means something is not configured 100% correct, want to show how your parameters are? maybe I can spot something strange there.

chocopanda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
uhmmm i don't have an idea what you mean with parameters.. is it the one that pops up with codes and stuff? Coz i think i need to turn on core engine for that

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Its the parameters when you configure the plugins, like here: 1599715992239.png
They all need to be filled, most of them are filled automatically once you actually click on it, but if any of them are empty, it will result in errors :ysrs:

chocopanda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh.. i just installed the plugin and haven't touched anything.. i didn't know i have to click on them each.. or maybe i missed reading something... it's working now.. thanks for this wonderful plugin.

Milennin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd like to report another bug I found when having this plugin enabled. When a skill target scope is set to none, it will not detect a common event listed in the skill's effect. I've tested this with only this plugin enabled, and it'll ignore the common event in the skill effect. Assigning a target, or disabling the plugin altogether will get it to trigger the common event again.
Untitled.png

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd like to report another bug I found when having this plugin enabled. When a skill target scope is set to none, it will not detect a common event listed in the skill's effect. I've tested this with only this plugin enabled, and it'll ignore the common event in the skill effect. Assigning a target, or disabling the plugin altogether will get it to trigger the common event again.
THank you very much for the input! You are right, I was always checking if there were targets on the skill, and if not, removing them from the skills, I have fixed it for that scope!
You can update it here if you wish:

Milennin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The no scope effects do work, but the new version is causing another issue. The first enemy is now being placed on the same location as the first actor, using that location as an anchor for the rest of the enemy placement as well.
Also, are you still looking into making the weapon skill animations work, or is it going to be too complicated to fix? Since I noticed that isn't working yet in the new plugin version. I'll gladly donate some money towards the plugin, but I'd like to see bugs worked out before I do, so I can definitely stick to using the plugin instead of being forced to abandon it.

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The no scope effects do work, but the new version is causing another issue. The first enemy is now being placed on the same location as the first actor, using that location as an anchor for the rest of the enemy placement as well.
Also, are you still looking into making the weapon skill animations work, or is it going to be too complicated to fix? Since I noticed that isn't working yet in the new plugin version. I'll gladly donate some money towards the plugin, but I'd like to see bugs worked out before I do, so I can definitely stick to using the plugin instead of being forced to abandon it.
Oh you can be sure we will be working on this system for some more time to come :ywink:

Anyway, about the weapon skills, actually would you mind instead testing the skill tag <akeaSkill>id: 3</akeaSkill>? the reason is because that way you can sequence better the actions to place it in the place you want the skill to happen, if it doesn't work well I can investigate more the skills in the weapons to sequence it well.

About the new bug, I am trying to replicate here, but I didn't quite get what is the issue, if you don't mind showing me an image of it.

chocopanda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here it is..

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    30.9 KB · Views: 6

Milennin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The weapon skill animation does work, but the battle log shows the actor attacking twice, and there's a double slashing animation following the notetags sequence.
I made a video covering both the weapon skill thing as well as the enemies appearing in the wrong location, when the plugin is turned on.

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, okay the weapon skill I'm going to work on it today :ywink: , probably I will have it up any time soon.
About the enemy positions, that is so so weird D:, I tried replicating here, but with no success:
I'm using the same version as you, the one that's on github. If you are using any extra battle add-ons plugins, just mention them here so I can work with that information also.

I saw your video, so I believe you ran into some issue, I'm just trying to figure out what it could be D:, you can also send me a demo if it isn't bothersome for you. Also thanks for all the inputs, this helps the system mature much faster :yhappy:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

@chocopanda can you show me your poses parameters? I think something there is not right, JSON errors are usually the input problem, doesn't mean it can't be the plugin problem, but there is some input not working for it. Maybe you called a pose in an action that is not configured.

Milennin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looking forward to the plugin fixes. :D The Animated Battle System plugin is the only plugin I've been actively using, so it can't be caused by anything else. I'll send a link to my project download in a PM.

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looking forward to the plugin fixes. :D The Animated Battle System plugin is the only plugin I've been actively using, so it can't be caused by anything else. I'll send a link to my project download in a PM.
Okay! I got your project, since it was encrypted it was a little harder haha, I didn't open anything don't worry, I just put the plugins settings on an empty project to check it out, but I managed to know what happened. This time it was config, your offset of enemies entry is like this:
1599862706062.png

But, your entry action which is 1:
1599862732127.png
So the enemies will start 400x plus their point on the db, and -50y . They will try to make action 1, but action 1 is idle and noMove, so they will just stay there.

You can either set both offsets to 0, or create some entering action for them :yhappy:

The weapon part I am working on now \o/

Milennin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I changed the settings to offset both x and y to 0, and they appear in their normal locations now, so that's good.

I ran into a compatibility issue between your plugin and Fomar's Individual Turn Battle System, not sure how doable that is to fix, or whether you're even willing to look into it. I can also report it to Fomar, if it's too much for you right now. My understanding of coding isn't enough to know how difficult these issues might be to fix. If the compatibility issue is going to be too complex to fix, I might just have to resort to a paid request for a custom system to bring everything together.
Anyway, on to the issue at hand: when both plugins are enabled (you can test this in the project I sent), and the actor uses Attack command in battle, it'll give an error after the attack animation plays:
TypeError
this.action.makeTargets is not a function

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh its better to me, when you are in doubt who to ask do the following, check how many lines each plugin has and usually the one that has more is more complex and easier for him to fix compatibility with the one that has less. I'll check it out to know what is happening o/, it should be pretty easy I think.

chocopanda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
here it is..

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    144.3 KB · Views: 8

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Remake ---

Hero: Hey,look! Some Artist will Remake us to 3D!
M.Knight: Really? Then i hope they make me so Cool & Handsome
Heroine: I hope they make me Cute & Sexy,too
(6 Months Later,The 3D Model Are Revealed With Unexpected Yet Horrible Model)
Hero: (Spit The Water)
M.Knight: What the Hell?!
Heroine: I'm Dissapointed...
my battle system is REALLY coming together. I can already see strategies between 2 of my party members forming lol. helps that battles are 2 at a time. but the combo of these two is really fun.
@taarna23's status just made me realise I haven't had any scam calls since that guy who hung up on me before he even began reading his script. How quiet it's been ... they were pretty much the only people who ever called!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thabetfun