Alastor01 Rendered furniture (Including animations)

Alastor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi again,

Here you can find some furniture to decorate your rooms with ;)

These are new resources I am am making with Blender - GIMP - BIMP and Sprite Sheet Packer for my non-existent game. Only furnitures so far, as I am not at a level to model organic shapes. All were made to RTP perspective (35 degrees), with similar textures and hand drawn shadows (I mean GIMP drawn...).

Terms:
- Free for commercial / non-commercial projects
- Please credit me as Alastor01
- Edits / re-posts / links are allowed, but please give credit
- Graphics can be used in any game engine

Chairs
Chair1.png Chair2.png Chair3.png Chair4.png Chair5.png

Tables
Table1.png Table2.png Table3.png Table4.png Table5.png
TableRound1.png TableRound2.png TableRound3.png TableRound4.png TableRound5.png

Wardrobes
Wardrobe1.png
Wardrobe1Animated.png Wardrobe1AnimatedLeft.png Wardrobe1AnimatedRight.png

Last edited:

Mesajia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, cool resources :) But maybe you should move this to "general resources". I guess there it's seen better ;)

Amarok

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i really like how you rendered this, looks very 2d!

Alastor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Mesajia Thanks :) I don't mind haha, we will see what mods think, I would feel bad to bother them without good reason

@Amarok I am glad you like them man ;) It took a lot of time for me to find my ideal Blender settings which I will use from now on (i hope i wouldn't need to update them for long).
My workflow:
1) I make 48 pixel (will increase to 64 pixel) "pixel art-like" textures (no shading / depth / shadow information - just basic texture + maybe a bit of detail) in GIMP
2) Model object modules in Blender, which I can interchange to make different object variety (e.g i have separate table legs, top, frame, etc - table generator of sorts), UV unwrap modules, put PBR materials, texture them, make a simple viewpoint animation to record each 45 degree side of the object
3) Assemble object parts (maybe i can make Py script at some stage for that) and render in Cycles with Ortho camera at 35 degrees vertically down set to scale of 1 or 2 at 1000% resolution for 8 frames (1 tile is 48 pix, so for large table render will output a 960 x 960 image)
4) Process the animation frames in BIMP reducing and super-sampling images to native tile size
5) Make spritesheet for each object with Sprite Sheet Packer
6) Add a bottom layer of shadows to spritesheets in GIMP

Amarok

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Alastor01 nice! thanks for sharing your process, you put a lot of work to it and it shows, these renders legit look like 2d pixel art . :)

Guiguimu

Walking Disaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Great job! Everything looks good, but those round tables, the darker ones, are absolutely marvellous.
I really hope to continue to see more like this from you, maybe with time and practice you'll make a full tileset! Next stop: beds and curtains! Eheh ^^
Keep it up please!!!

P.S. I can't see some files, like Chair3.png or TableRound1.png

Alastor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Amarok If only I could actually draw :p Thanks man! I find 3D somewhat... logical for me?

@Guiguimu Thank you :) Ye haha, I do plan to make all other furniture types! For beds and curtains I will need to play with cloth in 3D which is gonna be fun... I want to make shelves as well.
Oh its a common problem, I just saw missing picture myself. I have reloaded the page once, and got another pic missing instead. Reloaded again, all pics are in place. A mystery heh?

Alastor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have leveled up a bit I think :p After doing some Blender rigging, dopesheet, time-line and NLA learning, I can finally make simple animations!

Added wardrobe (another generator lol): both tiles, as well as 3 animations (right door, left door, both opening) which are 9 frames each. Not sure if ideal number of frames, but works fine....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So the overhaul on my project has been going great, I like this version of the project a lot more. It's more contained and less overly ambitious for what I can achieve given my constraints on time, money, and skills in advanced programming. I'm going to wait till my project is mostly finished to begin working UI polish again. I'm going to learn how to use LUNA MV to polish the project.
last time i used this site i was a different gender.. wow rlly makes u think... anyway transing ur gender is pretty cool and theres hair growing on my feet now 10/10
I should have listened to RPGMAKER Meme thread. I should have backed up my data. The Orphan of Time, my WIP, is completely gone, all those hours of work are completely gone :(
God what was my life before smartphones (I had a grandma's phone before wednesday)
Stream will be live shortly with The Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TEKILAO