Alastor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Added more large stairs - please check OP post !
Includes balustrades

Alastor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updated columns and pillars with RTP style shadows. They are not perfect though, as I suck at drawing!

Alastor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updated balustrades and ladders with RTP shadows :) Now looks much better i think

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Amazing job with the columns and the side stairs! Very well done!
I believe side stairs in that style should have been included in the RTP by default.

Alastor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks @Dalph for support!
I agree, they should have these stairs by default. Very nice thing to have for a mansion for example.
I am making furniture now. Table, then chairs and shelves ;) Being full time dentist, I don’t get much free time haha!

Alastor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Added tables! I have round tables modeled as well, but too lazy to render today :p

Alastor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Added round tables. Hopefully shadows are correct...
(Btw I am drawing these shadows, not rendering)

10kk

Parallel Process irl
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, just wow, adding shadows to ladders and stairs make them very appealing to the eyes. Just a little bit of depth perception in tiles goes such a long way. Well done.

Alastor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks @10kk , it took me a good while to understand why my rendered graphics still didn't look like RTP :p Something was missing... Rendered shadows look quite different.

cedr777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for all of these resources my friend.
But how can I prevent players from going back and forth from adjacent rooms by passing through the walltops?

I made a video if it helps.

Last edited:

MMMm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
But how can I prevent players from going back and forth from adjacent rooms by passing through the walltops?

Yanfly's region restriction plugin lets you set unpassable areas that the player character can't enter. You can use this to make it so the player can't cross over these areas.

cedr777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you, I thought of that as well. Using Yanfly's region restriction plugin to block out that area from being accessible.
unfortunately the wood tops are located at the sides so blocking the region on one side will cause a huge gap to not be accessible in the other room.

MrKiwi has helped me resolved it here.

Alastor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you, I thought of that as well. Using Yanfly's region restriction plugin to block out that area from being accessible.
unfortunately the wood tops are located at the sides so blocking the region on one side will cause a huge gap to not be accessible in the other room.

MrKiwi has helped me resolved it here.
You are welcome, glad you got it working!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Fairy Queen sprite. Been on a pixel art streak lately. Hoping to get into walking animations and eventually SV battlers, the latter I've never done before.

Morganna.png
Doing RPG Maker News #17 | MZ Plugins in MV? Workstations, Fantasy Rings, Dark Office Battlebacks
Progress on one of my projects has been slow, but I'm at a spot now where I feel like sharing the four main characters.

From left to right we have: Amabel, Tibby, Dusty, and Wren.

tibbyrpgcast.jpg
I'm in a much better mood about my game than I was 2-3 days ago. I keep switching between sideview and front because of the amount of assets needed for side (I'm drawing it all myself)... but I've decided to stick with front, for my own sanity. sidenote... people, planning is important. I've spent so long on just getting my game's ideas off the ground because I didn't plan ahead.
unknown.png

"Fight me."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livetorise