Alchemist Event + Inventory Select Scene?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by Tetsune, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Tetsune

Tetsune Professional Procrastinator™ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Revisiting this thread since I've got a more solidified idea of what I'm going to do with it. So the event would go like this:

Go to Alchemy Dude's house.
    Talk to Alchemy Dude:
    Choose item "A"
    Choose item "B"
    Time goes by, you better lose yourself in your mom's spaghetti, it's ready

Item "A" and Item "B" do not have to be specific items, but certain categories of items (in which I am going to use Hime's Tag Manager Script to make this possible)
    Example: "Pain Killers" are a type of healing item in the game, so it would have the tag "Healing" and maybe another one like "Pill" or something.
    So you can combine "Pain Killers" with say, like an item with "MP" healing properties and make some kind of Elixir-type item.
    It would pull from the tag and use a ONE of the tags to make another item.

Another thing I would like to know is if there is a script that allows you to select an item from your Inventory? Like, it loads up Inventory processing/scene and you can select an item from there, confirm it, and then it's chosen?

OLD POST:
    So I have an idea for a game I'm working on, but I'm not quite sure how to go about it.

Basically, you go to this dude's house and you give him certain items, and after a period of time, you go back to him and he'll have a brand new item for you. Probably use some monster drops along with other healing items.
    You can learn recipes as you make things. I was thinking maybe you can use certain types instead of specific items? (eg. using a blue monster claw would be the same as using a red monster claw in a recipe VS specifically that blue monster claw)

Kinda like the alchemy system in Dragon Quest VIII, or like Dream Eater creation in Kingdom Hearts: DreamDropDistance

Any ideas on how to work with this, or any script you could recommend?
    Like I said before, this is basically talking to a specific character in a specific location, not menu-based.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  2. Tetsune

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Bump?

3. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

Tetsune, please do not bump your topic unless it has been 72 hours later since your last post. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

4. Tetsune

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Coming back to bump this because I still need help orz

5. readydotexe

readydotexe Low class wizard Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hmm well I can see this done by a lot of conditionals in just one event that would be the old man, I recently have been using the Galv's use Item on Event script https://galvs-scripts.com/galvs-use-item-on-event/, I imagine it that when you talk to the old man he says he can create new items from ones you give to him, just show him and he'll see what he can do, you show him one item with the Galv's use item on event, and by conditionals it will tell you that he can use that item for something or that is useless, if it's useless you can show it another, if it is usefull he tells you that you show him another (While in the event to variables happen, a variable for the item let's say "Monster Claw" +1 and the other variable, item showed + 1 ) you give him another useful (let's say a potion, when you give it to him the conditional for the item you give should make a variable called potion + 1, item showed +1) and then after the two items the other event page runs (his conditional being
    items showed = 2 ) and returns the conditional with "Monster claw" = 1 and potion = 1) then you can maybe say the old man it can be done, return later

Now for the return later, maybe you could make especific points in maps that activates a switch for the oldman finished item and make the "Ilusion" that time has passed

But well that was just me brainstorming, there could be a script that fits just right, or maybe it's possible to make it entirely on events

6. Tetsune

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I just updated my title and first post to be something a little more solidified. If someone could assist me, that would be much appreciated!

@readydotexe I'll look into that event, but it's not 100% what I'm looking for.
    Like I said, I just updated my post to be a little clearer!

7. Tetsune

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Bumping this up again ;u;

8. Tetsune

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses: