RMMV Alchemy Groundwork!

Discussion in 'Ideas and Prototypes' started by Eni, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Eni

Eni Demon Lord Member

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Alchemy Groundwork
    (This is not really the game title!)

SECTION A: GAMEPLAY MECHANICS
    • So like the title states I plan to make a game with some focus into Alchemy. So I'm after compising together a big library before I even start working on the game to have the groundwork done.
    • I first want to divide the items into 5 tiers. tier 0 being the base ingredients and tier 5 the fully evolved version. For example a lets take a health potion. You first start with the tier 0 ingredients to make the health potion which is tier 1 then you use that potion to create even better potions intill you reach the highest tier which is a Full Health Potion.
    • Most of the stuff will not really be explored in the story that will follow and only one of the actors will be able to use the system. The Alchemy will play a big role in the story but the bigger library has two other reasons to be there.
    • One reason is to allow the player to explore and unlock the system. I will hide special materials in it and such that is only there for fun and for the players themselfs to explore. With other words it's a sidething one can do while taking a break from the story, if the character you playing as is present. Or you can do that after you finish the game and maybe don't want to start a new game+... Yet...

SECTION B: CHARACTERS
    • Arisa: Arisa is the name of the Alchemist of the game. She is the one character that on her own isn't suited for battle so her abilities and level will be lower than the others. However with this alchemy system you can create things more powerful than her level that you can use. Like a more powerful Fire bomb that does more damage than any of her other skills. Maybe a protection buff that will help her survive longer in battle should the enemy decide to attack her rather than the other party members.

WHAT I NEED HELP WITH!
    Here is what I need help with. I'm stuck with what do add and how to make it make sense! It's a fantasy so it doesn't need to be realistic but the I don't want something to crazy like wing+feather=bird. You can go crazy for what is needed for maybe a recovery potion but when making something like fire then we know pretty much (dumbed down version) Heat+oxygen+empty bottle. When you throw that bottle at some it will explode and burn. Realistik? No! Can you imagen it? Yes!

To not clutter things up I need ideas for tier 0 materials you may include what I can do with some of these materials in relation to the 5 tiers upgrades(Not everything need to be upgradable into tier 5). Buffs, states, damage, health, debuffs and so on.

And if any of you have some kind of template I can use please link that to me! Just keep in mind I want ot keep it simple so I'm not after the full chemistry formula.

If I do end up using any of your ideas partly or fully I will make sure to credit you in that game if I ever finish it :)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  2. barnzie8

barnzie8 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Im guessing you got all the herbs right?
    Its not that crazy, rhino horns are ground up and consumed and so are certain parts of the king of the jungle. Not crazy to think if dragons existed grabbing a scale, claw or whatever might grant magical property's. You can still use meat if you don't like the idea.

3. Eni

Eni Demon Lord Member

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well that is exactly what I want! Not sure how you are comparing that to the quote you picked tho xD
    Claws, feathers, eyeballs all that goes. Just saying don't expect to create a living creature though alchemy. What I mean there is "You won't create a living bird just because you have a wing". The wing might still be used as an ingredient for something else. Like a magical drug that will increase your matk but make you feel as if you are floating and weakens your pdef for 3 rounds.