Villager
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
BbQM1q3.png

SYNOPSIS
Alien Holiday is an RPG about a group of people trying to stop a citywide party that's going on for weeks.
Battle through groups of drunks, gangs, costumed weirdos, and more, while you discover who is keeping the party going for so long, so you can kick their ass!

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
7kopRWm.png

A small crop of the junkyard, the first dungeon of the game.

e3EidvU.png

Some of the early game enemies, not everyone is trying to rob you or beat you up, some guys will try to sell you some beer too!

fLjRGJi.png

A rough mock-up of the "Chance system", sometimes in battle you'll have an all or nothing moment when you can deal a critical hit or miss the attack entirely, is up to you to be fast with the prompt on the screen!

CHARACTERS
LeeUmZi.png

HvrwuAk.png

o2EuVbQ.png

STORYLINE/PLOT
Oh Carnaval… The most famous brazilian holiday, a weeklong party of boozing and debauchery, a common saying in the country is that “the year won’t start before the end of carnaval” which is okay, if it hadn’t extended itself through february all the way into the middle of the year without a single sign of stopping.

In this crazy story you’ll be following the misadventures of Kid, Mutt and Cap, a trio of misfits in a quest to end the citywide party that plagues their lives, each with their own very selfish reason to do so. It won’t take long before the characters, and the player, notice there is a massive alien spaceship stationed over the city, and almost every person in town is in a deep state of hypnotic trance, completely unaware of the passage of time and the fact that the guy over there with the stupid half horse costume clearly has tentacles for legs.

During their heroic quest, Kid and the gang will: battle talking cats, get drunk, explore abandoned laboratories, punch some robots, meet old friends, go for a burger, dance in a block party, get drunk again because anxiety and enochlophobia or something, make new friends, crash some party or two (or three...), cause a riot, barf on the toilet, barf on the street, get hungover, get heartbroken, fight horrendous scientific experiments that went terribly wrong and should have never EVER been exposed to any sane human being or dog, and maybe get just a little itty bitty drunk again (hey it’s a party!), all while trying to make the alien menace go away (because Kid wants the developers of his favorite game saga to get back to work, but we’ll ask you politely to focus on his heroism and stuff)

SETTING AND/OR WORLD DEVELOPMENT
The story is set in the mid 2000's somewhere in southeast Brazil, in an alternate reality where some government sponsored scientists from the military dictatorship era got their grubby hands on some sweet sweet alien wreckage and went a little crazy on what was possible with their newfound technology.

Hey, if you've reached down here: thanks for reading!
The game has been in development for some months now, with a demo planned for the end of this semester, I'll try to post some relevant updates here at this thread as soon as they're ready, but I'm always posting some minor updates every saturday on twitter @alien_holiday

Cheers,
Bruno

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
nice graphic, I like to play it when the demo is out :)

mishakoc

Professional Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seems like a fun and interesting concept, I like the artstyle as well :). I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this project. When is the demo planned for? Saying end of the semester is a little bit vague.

Failivrin

Final Frontiersman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very unique premise for an RPG. Looks like fun!

BrunoDeSN

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks everyone!

@mishakoc Around december? hahah I'm still learning the ropes with the program so I don't want to promise something I'm not sure I'll be able to deliver, if everything goes right it might come out in an earlier date, but for now I can't promise much

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I haven't been on here in forever wow(missed my forum birthday T-T). Anyways, I'm dabbling in BGMs, here's something I'm actually willing to share.

Binge-watched 6 episodes of the Erased anime... And that means I've watched half of it?! Sigh...
I'm bad at base-building games (looking at other players created an aesthetically beautiful base compared to me), but IDK why I keep playing the game and seek more of it.
Pyra and Mythra in smash ultimate are way too OP. They're basically Smash 4 Bayonetta 2.0, and not in a good way. Very toxic and unfair. At least they're hot tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skybola188