ErinPrimette

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
While I've been watching a few playthroughs of some iconic RPGMaker horror games like The Witch's House, Misao and Mad Father and watching some analysis vids of RPGMaker horror games, I'm baffled that there aren't any RPGMaker horror games about aliens and alien abductions.

dreamfall887

Sun Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That's true. I can't really think of any RPG Maker horror games with aliens in them.

ErinPrimette

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
And that's why I'm taking up this challenge myself, even if the horror genre isn't usually my thing with the exception of RPGMaker horror games.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I believe SovanJedi's Idunn Ymiraldor was about an alien invasion, if memory serves.

ErinPrimette

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yeah, I'm mainly focusing on alien abduction in RPGMaker horror here...

H20L

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
And that's why I'm taking up this challenge myself, even if the horror genre isn't usually my thing with the exception of RPGMaker horror games.

Hi, I'm new to this forum but I thought I'd chime in on this one.

I had a similar thought to yours a few months back. I have been working on a game that could be described as alien horror since. Except in my game you are the alien, conducting an invasion in a world you don't understand.

Also, I agree, it is baffling that aliens seem to be underrepresented in rpg maker games, especially since that kind of scenario allows for a lot of creative freedom. I for one have been having a lot of fun playing with various tropes, such as organic machines, 'evil' AI, incomprehensible cosmic horror and such. Anyway I hope you succeed in your challenge, good luck!

RCXGaming

Champion of Brightmoon Tor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I did at one point have a plan for a game where you're a guy who has groundhog day powers and you have to survive an alien invasion otherwise you get splattered, but I've never really done anything with it.

ErinPrimette

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Here's what also inspired my idea for my alien abduction RPGMaker horror:

ErinPrimette

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Here's some more examples:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Why the heck do I keep comparing my games to ones made by huge companies? I'd love them to have that level of polish but I'm simply not good enough.
Hell of a day at the London Games Market! :D

1656892272017.png

Check out my haul!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnderscoreBackspace