Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to make a boss immune to state effects. So I give him Aliment Guard under features. Elemental rate 100%. No effect. Elemental rate 0%. Still nothing. State rate 100%. State rate 0%. Nope. State resist? Nope.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please show us a screenshot of what exactly you do, because your ramblings do not make much much sense.

element rate has nothing to do with states for example.

please show both the screenshot of the skill that is supposed to apply the state, and the boss that should be immune to that state.
state resist should work for each state by the way, how did you test that and what exactly happens?

EDIT: each state resist has to be handled individually, and making a boss resist state 1 is making him unkillable and immortal so that should not be included unless you know exactly what you do.

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
ok, here it is.

Attachments

• enemy.PNG
    enemy.PNG
    11.2 KB · Views: 7
  • state.PNG
    state.PNG
    58 KB · Views: 7

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ok, here it is.
no, it is not.

you never answered the questions, and cut off part of the data from the screenshots, and didn't give an example of a skill that is supposed to try to apply a state.

and in fact that goes double - since you apply the state rates with another state, I need both the description of how you apply that state, and then of how the skills that apply the protected states work.
together with the description of what happens, not of what not happens.

EDIT: but since you gave the ailment guard state a state rate of 0%, that enemy can never gain that ailment guard state and as a result will never be guarded...

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've tried multiple states on the enemy. It doesn't block any of them. I use the item sewer rat soup on the boss. He still gets poisoned. Sometimes it says immune and still gets poisoned. The only thing that works is if I put state rate poison 0%. I'm using the troop tab to do practice battles.

Attachments

• enemy.PNG
    enemy.PNG
    80.1 KB · Views: 6
  • item.PNG
    item.PNG
    60.9 KB · Views: 6
  • state.PNG
    state.PNG
    58 KB · Views: 6

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
and again, how do you give the state "ailment guard" to the boss?
that is what is missing here, the boss is not protected because it never received that state.

"state rate" determines the success rate when a skill tries to apply that state, it does NOTHING on its own.

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I put alignment guard under the enemy's features. Where is it supposed to go?

Attachments

• Aligment guard.PNG
    Aligment guard.PNG
    63.4 KB · Views: 6

lianderson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Evening human!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM... is your goal to make the boss immune to certain status effects? If so, you has two options...

1 - Apply ailment guard onto the boss at the start of the battle via eventing.

or

2 - Do their resistances manually inside the tab called "enemies".

Do note, that "elemental rate" and "state rate" are two completely different concepts. 50% elemental rate on poison means you take half damage from the poison element. 50% state rate on poison means you resist the poison status effect half the time.

I hope this helps you! Good day human! Power to the new devs!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I put alignment guard under the enemy's features. Where is it supposed to go?
no, you did not put the state to the enemy features - you put a state rate of the state to the enemy features. But a state rate does NOT give the state.

you either need to use a troop event with the command change state, or you need a skill with the skill effect of the state, and then have the enemy use that skill.

Features CANNOT give a state, only effects (skill/items) and event commands can do that.

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@lianderson Yes. That's what I'm trying to do. Just tried eventing. Still no effect. If by 'tab' you mean the features under the enemy I did that. I don't under the point of aliment guard if doesn't work under features but everything else does. I got it to work under battle event. But I don't know how to stop it from fading away.

Attachments

• nope.PNG
    nope.PNG
    44.7 KB · Views: 4
  • battle event.PNG
    battle event.PNG
    182.6 KB · Views: 4

Shiro-chan

Friendly Neighbourhood Neppy Maid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Remove all of these (see pics) and then try again.

As for the status fading away, you need different settings.

Attachments

• index1.png
    index1.png
    93 KB · Views: 6
  • index2.png
    index2.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 6
  • index3.png
    index3.png
    179.5 KB · Views: 5
  • index4.png
    index4.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 6

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't under the point of aliment guard if doesn't work under features but everything else does.
no, it means that you still don't understand what a state rate is.

The state rate is multiplied to give the chance of an item or skill applying the state of which the rate is.
As such, state rate !00% is multiplication by 1 and does nothing.
A state rate of 50% means the base chance of the skill or item is halved, or 0% means that the chance of getting the state is zero.

But in all cases, you need an item or skill to give the state, the state rate alone does nothing.

Your ITEM "sewer rat soup" had the effect "Add state [poison] 100%"

You need "add state [ailment guard] 100%", NOT "state rate [ailment guard] 100%" to get that state on the enemy.

Do you see the difference between EFFECT "add state" and FEATURE "state rate"?
that are two different things, and you need the effect and not the feature for what you want.

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Remove all of these (see pics) and then try again.

As for the status fading away, you need different settings.
So I didn't need to remove anything in the first screenshot. Just did the other ones and now it works fine. Thank you.

Shiro-chan

Friendly Neighbourhood Neppy Maid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If that's all you would like to know, please report your first post with the reason "Resolved".

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Voice.gif
The Voice... They usually show up to talk to you about leaving your mark on the world, which is one of the major themes of my game... How will you be remembered by society.
The only time my brother shows me any kind of support is by liking or LOL my Facebook Comments.
I finally finished the Coliseum for my game. Love how it looks. Credits for the assets goes to Kokoro Reflections, @Starbird_Resources, and @megumi014.
Colossuem.png
Mimics! Mimics everywhere!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bongdaso