All Enemies Defeated in 5 Hits, can someone help me solve this?

NoWareCo

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello community,

I'm having issues with a game I'm developing where enemies always die in five hits, no matter their HP. If their HP is depleted in less than five hits they will still die but bigger tougher enemies always die in 5 hits. I've counted damage and it's nowhere near their HP level. I've turned off all plugins and extras, and made sure there are no special attacks that evoke death. No matter what characters are battling them, what weapons they are using or types of attacks, no enemy survives past 5 hits.

Can someone explain what's going on here? Thanks!

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
what's the attack damage formula?

NoWareCo

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Most attacks done were using the classic attack formula

(a.atk - b.def) + (a.mat - b.mdf)

On some occasions I was using slightly altered attacks such as

((a.mat + 130) * 1.02) - (b.mdf)

But even when using only the vanilla attack formula five hit deaths were still happening.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
have you made any changes to state #1?
are there any troop events in the troops that can cause this, or do you have any plugins that change the troop events?

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First thing to do would be to set up a test battle with as little going on as your combat system can get away with. Turn off all plugins.
If it still happens, it's either something in your skills, or a battle event causing it. If it doesn't happen now, turn on battle plugins one by one until it happens again.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First thing to do would be to set up a test battle with as little going on as your combat system can get away with. Turn off all plugins.
His original post says he's done this.

@NoWareCo It does seem impossible for this to just happen without plugins to mess with the game's mechanics. Either their HP needs to reach 0, or state 1 is being applied through some other means.

You can make a troop with one enemy and do a test battle - press F8, and go to the console. After each hit, enter $gameTroop.members()[0].hp and see what the value is. That's all I've got for troubleshooting, aside from you just sharing your project to check out.

NoWareCo

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
His original post says he's done this.

@NoWareCo It does seem impossible for this to just happen without plugins to mess with the game's mechanics. Either their HP needs to reach 0, or state 1 is being applied through some other means.

You can make a troop with one enemy and do a test battle - press F8, and go to the console. After each hit, enter $gameTroop.members()[0].hp and see what the value is. That's all I've got for troubleshooting, aside from you just sharing your project to check out.
Thanks for your help! I'll try this out and see if I can spot anything.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Draw something
Me: No problemo! ''draws something''
Now draw the same thing from a different angle
Me: So....You have discovered my weakness...
I got a new PC... Nothing wrong with my lil laptop at all! Still works great, and I'll be using it for school. But, the specs for gaming were falling off fast. So I was selfish and bought myself a beast of a PC ^-^
Newstuff.PNG

Held hostage in my own house half the day by an old man that cant take hints or read body language, STILL manage to make some pixels! booyah! I should get a promotion!....No wait...I should get a job o_O
Potions are to be hoarded, not used... >_>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azistara