RMMV All Hallow's Candy

Discussion in 'Indie Game Maker (IGMC 2017)' started by Blair Pendragon, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Blair Pendragon

Blair Pendragon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]
    All Hallow's Candy is a 20-60 minute RPG, made with one person, in one month for the IGMC 2017.

You select "Costumes" for your team at the start of the game. Each costume comes with unique stats and abilities.
    Due to many possible combinations, the difficulty was semi laxed, to ensure the possibility of completing the game with almost any combination of costumes.

As you go trick or treating for candy, be careful of anything that might seem "Scary" or try to "Startle" you.
    If you get scared or startled, your bravery will deplete!
    You might also be able to Scare or Startle others as well! But some people might not be easily scared, or easily startled, so pick wisely!

I was quite surprised at what I was able to make in a month, even if I still wanted to make much more.
    Once the contest has fully ended, and updates are allowed to be made again, I'll add more content if people enjoy this game.

If possible, I'd like to ask for some feedback regarding the game, for the future updates after the contest.
    I know people are currently playing so many of the other submissions, but if possible, I'd absolutely love to see live reactions as well, as I feel there's going to be some entertaining ones. (No spoilers as to why!)

This project is currently built with keyboard users in mind, but the shift key will be pressed often. So I'd ask that you adjust your sticky keys to not trigger when shift is being held down or pressed.
    I'm also unable to figure out how to convert the ogg files for mac/android users, so it's currently Windows version only, until I can update the game.

Thank you in advance for any helpful responses!

Download All Hallow's Candy here -> https://itch.io/jam/igmc2017/rate/189765
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(If you'd like any direct feedback from me about your project in a similar manner, please let me know!)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  2. mlogan

mlogan I am not sir, mr., dude or bro

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Can you please add a couple more screenshots per our games topics rules? Thanks.

3. Blair Pendragon

Blair Pendragon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @mlogan Sorry, I didn't see anything under the IGMC rules sticky.
    (Plus I thought it would be easy to see the screenshots on the link^^; )

EDIT: im really struggling to find these rules, where would they be located? I don't want to make future problems :(

EDIT #2: Ok, I found them, they were in another part/section of the forums, not under IGMC. ^^;

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  4. mlogan

mlogan I am not sir, mr., dude or bro

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes, it's not a huge deal, but we would like for these to follow normal game topic submissions and all of those require a few screenshots. Sorry I did not link to them.