thanhduy79

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So in the DS+, there are many many different png's for the tiles. Each png only seems to have a few tiles in it per (A,B,). So do I have to manually put them all into one png?

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Why would you do that?

The DS and DS+ tiles are made to work in Ace, which has strict rules for how the artwork is set up. This set up is how the program knows how to react to the artwork and how to apply it in the engine. If you put B tiles into an A sheet and try to use them, you'll end up with no ground and an object that shows nothing behind it. Perhaps something less useful than that, if you put it in the wrong A sheet. These rules are different in the DS engine, so that's why there are gaps. It had to be rearranged to work properly.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, I think they mean, for example, there might be multiple A4 sheets, with only a few tiles each. In which case, yes you need to manually combine them if you want to use them on the same map. Just be sure to combine only like sheets for all of the A sheets.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So in the DS+, there are many many different png's for the tiles. Each png only seems to have a few tiles in it per (A,B,). So do I have to manually put them all into one png?

They represent different settings. Combining them was not in the table because they would fill up the sheet really fast. Instead of making every single combination a user might need, it's better to just separate them and customize them according to the user needs. So yeah, just combine the tiles you want in a single sheet.

joket

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is there a plugin to use just a single image for mapping?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I might not participate in the Boss Battle contest after all... I have more important things to do, like Wishful Wanda. And of course the Dark Deception spinoff I plan to pitch, Demon Slayer.
Changed my avatar, goodbye Alan Sugar, hello George Carlin (one of my favorite human beings ever)
If you still don't subscribe our Polish channel please consider it :)
1.png
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.
A lot to learn to make a game. Can I handle it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankdontrithep61