Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I noticed a couple of days ago that the image in my signature is no longer showing, but now appears as a broken link.

Someone else just commented on one of my tutorials that they cannot see the images. I looked at this post just a few days ago and the images were all fine, and today they are also just showing as broken.

I have confirmed the images are still there and I can see them when I enter the URL directly in the browser, so it's just on this forum that they're not showing.

If I edit a post and go to insert the image, posting the same URL, it tells me something went wrong.

I am following up with my hosting provider now, but I suspect it might be something related to the forum. The images show up okay on other sites.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Your signature image is showing up fine for me. (I'm on Chrome now, but I use Firefox at home and haven't noticed any broken links in your signature there either)

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it happens alot with direct images links, can be serveral things that can cause it.
you can try to load it direct without using links.

most times it works better than links from hostings. but you can put a link
on the image itself to the host if you wish so.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There used to be a limit to how much space we could take, and I wasn't able to attach any images directly to a post, so started hosting them all offsite. I don't really want to have to find every place I ever linked an image and attach them

our signature image is showing up fine for me.
Could you please tell me if you can see the images in the spoilers on this page? The first one is broken, because that's a link that Koi provided, but the remaining ones are all from my site.

Weird! I am on Chrome as well. But if I view on Firefox, it works.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Could you please tell me if you can see the images in the spoilers on this page? The first one is broken, because that's a link that Koi provided, but the remaining ones are all from my site.
Sure, they're all showing for me (well besides the first one as you mentioned). I'll check when I'm home on my laptop it shows there, but here at work on Chrome everything's working. :thumbsup-right:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very odd ... maybe different versions of Chrome, or maybe one of my extensions is blocking them (I only have a few, including an ad blocker - maybe that's it ...)

Thanks for checking :)

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I also don't see your images. It's like "broken image", but after opening it in new tab it works fine. Weird.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@fizzly are you also using Chrome?

LittlePIGGY

Just a piggy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have Chrome, but I still can't see some of the pictures. And images on Deviant art are loaded with 3-4 attempts. I think there's a connection between these two facts

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@LittlePIGGY do you mean images hosted on DeviantArt but linked to on here have this issue, or are you seeing the same thing over there?

LittlePIGGY

Just a piggy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Exactly. Look at my signature. Two images from Twitter are shown, but small gifs with deviant art are not.

LittlePIGGY

Just a piggy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't see llamas dancing from deviant art. Until I force them to open there. Two large images from Twitter are always visible. My "about me" profile doesn't show my self-portrait with DeviantArt either.
This is some kind of problem-trickster

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the images arent shown for me either, I used chrome, FF, comodo (ice)dragon,
not showing in any of them for me. some works, others does not. so I dont know :)

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Shaz I cannot see your signature images either - in Chrome, Firefox or Edge.
I am wondering if the place you are hosting your images is trying to stop hot-linking images.

ImaginaryVillain

Sprokle Boi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shaz Your signature is working for me, as are the images in your thread. Though if you're looking for another image host that works well here, I use https://imgur.com/ Just use their direct link, and the insert image command here. :LZSwink:

KakonComp

Lucid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ostinato
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am also in Chrome atm, and have trouble seeing every image in a project thread; refreshing a couple times will get it to show up, but then previous images wouldn't be visible.

It's a very lucky day when all images show up at least in one thread; it's common enough to be a slight annoyance, but refreshing will eventually get any image I missed to show up.

Firefox works fine for me, but I rarely use it, instead mostly using Brave, which is based on the Chromium browser. Also has the same problems, being based from Chrome and all.

rpg_el

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Shaz you appear to be linking an image via an invalid TLS certificate, this is likely why it's broken in most browsers (
Code:
https://www.ezmash.net/Games/DAU/DAU.png
).
It seems like the TLS certificate sent by the server when opening this image isn't valid for www.ezmash.net, only some other subdomains of ezmash.net. Given that it seems reasonable to me most browsers would block it

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@rpg_el what is an "invalid TLS certificate"? How do I fix it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Less than a week and I can move into my new apartment and out of this bad situation. I'm so excited! Then game making power will increase. :kaoluv:
Enter the password in letters. (English subtitles)
I really tried to pull off something for halloween, but I don't feel like going on. I feel like the plot I was building was too generic, and I couldn't connect to it as I do with other projects. On the bright side, I've been working on my cosmic-puzzle project, so far I think the core mechanics are working properly, so I'll be creating some large test maps to see how it works out.
People2_5 & SF_Monster1 added!

Ami
--- X Costume ---

M.Healer: I'm wearing M.Mage's Costume.
M.Mage: I'm wearing M.Healer's Costume.
M.Knight: Why not using the Scary Costume like me,The Scary Frankenstein?
M.Healer: Err…Because we have low of Budget.
M.Mage: Yeah,right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TikeTenGamesOffical