rpg_el

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That really depends on the hosting vendor, but it essentially means HTTPS isn't set up right on the server your image is on. The TLS certificate basically verifies the HTTPS connection / that the server is the server it claims to be and no attacker is intercepting, so when the certificate is wrong browsers will assume it's not safe to access. This is the exact error my browser is showing with the certificate: "Websites prove their identity via certificates. Nightly does not trust this site because it uses a certificate that is not valid for www.ezmash.net. The certificate is only valid for the following names: mail.ezmash.net, cpanel.ezmash.net, cpcalendars.ezmash.net, cpcontacts.ezmash.net, ipv6.ezmash.net, webdisk.ezmash.net"

Edit: ahhh nevermind, it's more complicated:

You actually linked your image via HTTP, where the certificate is not relevant. To be specific, your image URL starts with http:// and not https://.

And this is why that is giving you trouble: it really depends on how locked down the browser is, since very modern and safe browsers will not load unencrypted content via HTTP embedded in a website accessed safely via HTTPS. (like the rpgmakerweb.com forum is, check the URL bar: it should show it is accessed via secure HTTPS in your browser.) However, browsers used to treat this more leniently in the past, which is likely why the image still works for a couple of people here and why it worked for most in the past but works for less and less people now, giving you this impression that somehow it working is slowly deteriorating in the forum. (Because in a way it is, but it is not the forums' fault.) Basically, everyone not seeing it has a browser with safer, more locked down settings, that will not load unsafe unencrypted content on a verified, encrypted site like this forum.

But summed up, change your link from http to https, and actually fix the HTTPS on the ezmash server to use a proper certificate, and it should work. You just shouldn't link any images via HTTP anymore nowadays, browsers simply reject that now in a lot of circumstances and will only do so more in the future. (Since browser vendors are looking to phase out HTTP for most things, since it's so unsafe.)

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks - I'll see what I can do. Don't really want to go through changing all the links to https though - I hate to imagine how many of them I've got, and some possibly in locked threads.

(edit: hmmm ... maybe not that many after all)

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shaz I can't see your image.
I get the same problem too, most of my images are broken.
It works well 2 years ago (I just coming back here yesterday).

rpg_el

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@EpicFILE your issue appears to be something different, your image hoster (postimg.org) appears to have disappeared which is why the images are also gone. You will probably need to reupload them with something else

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@rpg_el Thank you, I'd try to reupload it later :D

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shaz It may be as simple as an expired certificate or you have the certificate installed wrong. I'm not seeing a secured connection either way. If that's your domain you may need to check with your hosting provider to get help. If it's NOT your domain you might need to check with the domain owner.
If I open the image in a new tab then it opens fine but it's NOT a secure connection. Also I can't move up anywhere in the directory or I get a 403 Forbidden error - is that image the only thing with public access on that server???? Actually if you have more stuff you want public (like a full web page) then you have folder permissions messed up somehow....

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The permissions are fine. It is intentional that you can't just browse for anything there. Whatever I post that I want to be shared, will have a direct link.

Sounds like I just need to get them to fix the security certificate then, as I got a certificate error when trying to connect via ftp.

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK I was just checking. Hope you get that cleared up soon :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hello humans! How goes your day in this journey of living? I hope it is good, for I am human like you, and I am feeling great! Worship the altar.
Sand is basically small rocks
Realizing my earlier maps are an abomination against all things, I'm doing a bit of a remake. Tell me if you can see the difference. :LZSwink:

And the horrific before pics...

Last part of OcRam Obfuscator sneek peaks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Parzival