mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Our friend @AwesomeCool had a recent status update that generated a lot of interest and discussion (and therefore notifications for many of us). I thought it would be better suited to a topic where more people could see it and get in on the discussion. 

It began with this personality test, which is based on the Meyers Briggs personality types and included links to other similar tests, as well as articles discussing pros and cons of this sort of testing and it's uses. 

Feel free to post your personality type, thoughts on it in relation to yourself, criticisms of it, etc. Just as always, please keep the discussion civil.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The first time I did one of these, it was much more detailed and run by a trainer.  I got INFJ, which I thought was incredibly accurate.  I've done quite a few since, and some put me as INFJ and some as INFP.  The one above listed me as INFP.

Mind: 83% introverted

Energy: 69% intuitive

Nature: 57% feeling

Tactics: 64% prospecting

Identity: 71% turbulent

I suspect if I wasn't going through all the personal things I'm currently facing, it'd be a bit different, though I tried to answer most questions according to how I "normally" feel/act, rather than what's happening right now or very recently.

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
https://www.16personalities.com/profiles/573fccbad0da0

I got INTP-A, which is about what I'd expected having taken tests like this in the past for curiosity's sake (I actually think a similar test was the subject of a topic on this very forum a couple years ago) though I have to say this is one of the most detailed personality tests I've taken before.

I agree with most of the test and a lot of the rationale behind it, the only point I'm really on the fence about is the A (Assertive/Turbulent) though the test actually reflects that hesitation as assertive only won out by 4%. Something interesting I've noticed is that while I'm  consistently the introvert logician it seems that each time I take one of these tests the gap between being rational and being emotional closes (for this test it came out 56% thinking to 44% feeling), which fits in nicely with how I've begun to see myself changing over the last decade or so and actually makes me take the test more seriously as it seems they can adapt to the way people change overtime from experiences and interactions even while other traits remain unchanged (100% Introvert, pretty much every time).

The most interesting part of the whole quiz was that at the end the preface to explaining my personality happened to be one of my all time favorite quotes that I used as something of a personal mantra during the more turbulent and stressful times in my life.

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I guess I should have gone further ... I only saw the numbers I listed - no detailed explanation.  I don't like giving out my email address to 'unknowns'.

I'm not going to go through it all again though :)

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I guess I should have gone further ... I only saw the numbers I listed - no detailed explanation.  I don't like giving out my email address to 'unknowns'.

I didn't give out my email address either, so that's kind of odd you didn't get the same kind of page. There was this drop down list that described the personality type in relation to things such as careers, friendship, relationships and parenting to the left-hand side of the actual numbers for me. I found the analysis to be somewhat of a mixed bag honestly, though overall it did seem to describe me somewhat.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
mmm ... I didn't see that at all, but maybe I just looked in the wrong place.  At the bottom of the summary, there was an option to 'email results', and that was pretty much it.  Strangely, it didn't even let me use Blur, which I do use on occasions like this, to hide my email address.  I didn't see any kind of drop-down list at all.  I was able to go into my history though and see the page with the results I got, so I looked at the more detailed explanation (maybe not the one you saw either), and I also questioned some of it.  I didn't see anything about careers, friendship, etc.

Oh well, it was an interesting diversion.   :)

noctiluca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
According to that test I just barely got ISFP-A; when I took the "real" test years ago I got INFP, but I was a pensive teen at the time which may have reflected in the results. It's still close between the two, either way.

69% introverted

53% observant

77% feeling

64% prospecting

61% assertive

Generally I think the descriptions are accurate and I'm probably somewhere between types. Yeah, the descriptions are intentionally broad, but I know w/absolute certainty I am not a **TJ type. They don't sound anything like me.

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got INFP-T. I remember taking this in highschool with my guidance counselor. Unfortunately I'm an old man now so I don't remember the end results. He just kept saying that I was perfect for college and started filling out applications. Six years and Four colleges later and I still don't see why people waste their time there :p

81% Introverted

72% Intuitive 

70% Feeling

52% Prospecting

59% Turbulent

Although I feel that the line is a bit lackluster and generic. Mediator: "No one can stop you from dreaming!". Where's the Oomph? Where's the Fire?! Where's the passion...

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Oh I did the test long time ago and have been reading/discussing about this a while yet.

This "system" (tho I hate this word in this context) is quite accurate.

INFP here btw.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Retired Overlord of Memes)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ENTREPRENEUR (ESTP-A)

Mind: 74% Extraverted

Energy: 71% Observant

Nature: 72% Thinking

Tactics: 53% Prospecting

Identity: 76% Assertive

Sounds about right. The ability to improvise, the being full of energy, the being direct and hating mind games, the being impatient and creative but down-to-earth and generally social with everyone, that's me.

Sarlecc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I guess that I'm ISTP-T “The Virtuoso”:

85% introverted.

58% observant.

67% thinking.

67% prospecting.

62% turbulent.

Bold and practical experimenters, masters of all kinds of tools.

Was a very interesting read which I think describes me pretty well.

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
My result:

Mind - 28% Extraverted, 72% Introverted

Energy - 57% Intuitive, 43% Observant

Nature - 55% Thinking, 45% Feeling

Tactics - 44% Judging, 56% Prospecting

Identity - 78% Assertive, 22% Turbulent

Niten Ichi Ryu

Grey Lords Emissary
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ENTJ-A here, the Commander.

Seems there are more introvert personalities here than extravert. So far only see @dalph and myself as E...something.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Retired Overlord of Memes)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ENTJ-A here, the Commander.

Seems there are more introvert personalities here than extravert. So far only see @dalph and myself as E...something.

I read somewhere that worldwide it's 49% against 51% in favour of introverts, many people can also be ambiverts (which means a bit of both) although that's uncommon I think.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome! Long live MBTI!

Any fellow INTJs around here or am I the only one? :(

Well, these are my stats: https://www.16personalities.com/profiles/5739f254c2c85

79% Introverted

83% Intuitive

58% Thinking

71% Judging

58% Assertive

I would highly recommend anyone who is interested in MBTI to read about the cognitive functions that comprise each personality type. The 4-letter code is only a tip of the iceberg. There is a lot more going on underneath.

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/Cognitive-Functions/

http://www.careerplanner.com/8CognitiveFunctions/Cognitive-Functions-Simply-Explained.cfm

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MEDIATOR (INFP-T)

I don't know what that means but it sounds good.

Basically the best of the best. if we go by the detail info they gave us then that means we're the touchy feely type that try to boost other people's happiness and resolve issues without conflict. Also we only make up 4% of the population of the planet.

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've got the Mediator too and i'm not confortable with this for some reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Who knew a adding menu commands would be so hard for something that should be a basic feature.
When you discover great tileset resources that you completely forgot that you had. :kaomad3::kaopride:
Just got a better look at the MZ RTP. I'm very happy with it, especially the sci-fi tiles and sprites. Glad I pre-ordered.
I've just checked the VisuStella Plugins for MZ and there are already 11 plugins. The Yanfly team(perhaps a big one?) really works so effectively and efficiently that some MZ users can likely use tons of Yanfly plugins right after MZ's released (still 13 days from now). I wonder if any other plugin developer(or team) will try to compete with Yanfly this time, no matter how slim the chance to win is :)
Hello! :kaopride:I am new to RPG Maker, though I have been lurking the forums for a while. :kaoswt: Hope to make some friends and learn some stuff here! :kaothx:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerreh