Allowing events to continue autonomous movement during Show Text

2DMike

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
OK so I'm hoping someone can assist with this one. I've searched and noted people having similar requirements but not quite the same (within MZ at least).

Essentially, I'd like certain events with autonomous movement routes to continue moving during some 'Show Text' conversations, however I do want the default behaviour (auto movement) of the NPC the player is speaking with to pause during the conversation, then resume.

To illustrate the point I'm essentially looking to allow birds to fly by, people to continue to walk by and cars to continue to move while the player is having a conversation with an NPC that also has a movement route.

Now I have found half a solution via VisuStella EventsMoveCore - Automatic Movement / Stop During Messages - however, the NPC I'm currently speaking to also continues their own auto route, rather than resuming it afterwards. It would be ideal to be able to have the default of all events pausing, but having a switch or trigger for specified events only to continue to move.

I may be overthinking this but if it's only possible via a plugin that's fine, if anyone has any ideas that may assist I would be extremely grateful. More than happy to put the work in if I need to overhaul the events to solve. I hope this is clear enough but please let me know if not.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any events that are set to parallel process should continue moving during other event processing. I'm not positive how a parallel process with autonomous movement but no code gets treated, if the engine attempts to evaluate its empty code each frame; you may need to put Wait commands in just to reduce the computing power used and avoid any potential lag.

2DMike

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you, I shall give it a go. I guess a move route being under parallel would likely work? I'll have a play.

Latest Profile Posts

SF_People3_1 added!
index.php

Micro rant. The worst part of working from home when you live with your family is seeing how inconsiderate they are. "Hey, you're sitting in front of your computer, that means you're not doing anything! I want to put the TV at 200 decibels!"

If I was working in the office would you still talking me like that?
It's definitely discouraging when streamers give a try-to-say-it-nicely (i.e. bad) review of your game demo. It's like jumping into a cold pool. Bad initally, but it gets better with time. And you are now more alert and see better.
Some screenshots of the pub and lodging with the beginnings of clutter taking shape
TTp8uCw.png

jtC202e.png

bSXgyVl.png

eRx9PUF.png
Backgrounds are not my strong suit... :kaodes:
DazI8jt.jpg

Just realized I forgot doing the clouds... woops

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
numagnz