Dvor-ak

Dvor-ak Art
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A

"There's no one left, is it?"

A fangame of Yume Nikki with references to Mother (Earthbound too), based on a dream diary I'm currently writing. This is a very personal project for me, but I'm also looking for to make it relatable to other players too.

Here you take control of Alek, a recluse young man locked in his own room, you only have access to a bathroom and a balcony; the only you way you can explore here is sleeping and going through Alek's dreams.

After sleeping in his bed and leaving his apartment (on his dream), you get to access the Wood Between Worlds (in the screenshot), a nexus with four puddles that make passage to four different worlds.
In each of these worlds there's a lot of sub-areas, and you can even find different worlds inside those.
Your goal exploring these dreams is to collect effects (items that affect Alek's appearance/gameplay) and memories (events that happened in Alek's past).
Getting half or all of them, you unlock the game's ending (it's a surprise).

SCREENSHOTS

Alek in his room in the Real World

Alek in the Wood between Worlds, in the Dream World

Alek in the Mannequin World

Alek in the Radio World

Old Teaser with some details:

What's Yume Nikki? According to the Wikipedia: Yume Nikki is a surreal adventure game by pseudonymous Japanese developer Kikiyama. In the game, players explore the dreams of a hikikomori named Madotsuki, where they encounter a number of surrealistic horror creatures and locations. Originally a little-known game that became popular on the Japanese forum 2channel, the game gained a following outside Japan after an unofficial English translation was released in 2004.

The game inspired a large number of fangames with a similar style of gameplay, such as Yume 2kki and .flow.​

Last edited:

Jess_Andz

Estaba mu rico el capuccino (っ˘ڡ˘ς)
Reaction score
First Language
Español.
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Woah! I love the art :LZSjoy:

ozubon

surströmming?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks very promising! And nice

kmezz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey, I want to know if I can help you with this game. I actually started with RPG maker MV wanting to create a game with the exact same premise, which brought me to this page. I have an Earthbound style battle system running already, but I'm working on enhancing the backgrounds now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My old project is now a sitcom
How to do implementation the social politcal mechanics in rpg maker? Thank you for quick spark of ideas. Fear of going to the thread lol.
MerlinCross wrote on Switz's profile.
Not sure if you'll see this but I stumbled across your "Open Locker" sprite in a topic. Could I use those?
topic in question
Going to watch an episode of The Office and eat something after this little progress!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
U2M