Would You be interested in seeing more speedpaints from me?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No...

• It depends on the drawing.

• Total voters

Alonaria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi there~ You probably don't know me because I'm more of a lurk-y member than anything else, but I thought I'd try posting some of my work on here. Also, if you wouldn't mind responding to the poll, then I would really appreciate it~ :)  

Open up the gallery and check it out! XD

To start things off, here's a CG from my WIP game, Fox Story. You'll probably see a lot of this character here, as she's the ever-adorable MC, Zenchi. Right now, this is the only image on here with a speedpaint.

fox_story___zenchi_cg_by_alonaria-dalt107.png

Speedpaint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PdR6-x1bBA

Aaaand a WIP of Zennypoo's character sprite. I'm pretty sure this is like the fourth or fifth rendition, though, because I keep starting to hate the sprites. I'm still happy with this one, though!

FmJkB0b.png

Ooooh, this is a little bit older. I drew this in March, but I like to think that I've improved a bit since then, haha (wishful thinking?)~ Drawing this was a bit rough, though, because I was trying out a bunch of new stuff all at once. T_T Oddly enough, the only thing that made me really happy were the hands. I took like ten pictures with my laptop webcam to try to get a good reference for exactly how I wanted the hands to be. Usually, I'm too lazy to try that hard tbh, it's terrible.

thank_you_by_alonaria-d9wfefy.png

Just for the lolz, I thought I'd throw on the first image ever uploaded to my DeviantArt account. It was uploaded August 26, 2010.  Just look at this horrible, horrible mess and know that if you ever think you're not improving/will never improve, you definitely will, even if it takes you six years. xD 

goofy_purple_dragon_by_alonaria.png

Well, that's all for now and oh my god it's 3:49 in the morning. I am going to sleep now. But, like, seriously, let me know if you want to see more here/what you think of what's here already. It would make this sad, sad college student who just finished midterms the other day very happy (but totally tell me what you think, even if it's all criticism because I honestly thrive off of people tearing me apart lol).

Last edited by a moderator:

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I keep starting to hate the sprites.

My problem in a nutshell. 

I'm still happy with this one, though!

Rightly so!  :)

I drew this in March

Dang... and it's still that good? 

Just for the lolz, I thought I'd throw on the first image ever uploaded to my DeviantArt account. It was uploaded August 26, 2010.  Just look at this horrible, horrible mess and know that if you ever think you're not improving/will never improve, you definitely will, even if it takes you six years. xD 

That's still adorable. And... yeah... six years ago for me... let's not talk about that. 

Well, that's all for now and oh my god it's 3:49 in the morning. I am going to sleep now.

It's alright. We've all been there. Me, very often. 

Anyways, very good drawings. I noticed in your video that you were using regular layers with the airbrush tool. It's quite cool how you didn't even need to do a linework layer. Definitely keep making more videos. I love speedpaints! XD

Alonaria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@HexMozart88 Haha, thank you so much for all of your kind words! <3 I used linework layers for a long time, but I always struggled to get them to look as fluid as drawn lines so I moved away from them over time. I get really frustrated with lineart sometimes when I can't get the curve just right, but it's worth it at the end of the day (even when I want to throw my tablet out the window).

Aaaah, I really appreciate your words so much. Comments like this make me love drawing all over again. >///<

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

NUMINA Part 1 is finally out ✨ Get it now with a 10% launch discount!
Made this simple Training Dummy :D

obraz_2022-07-01_095700524.png
I'm still undecided weather or not I should add minor swearing to my game. Like I'm going for an all ages demographic... but the idea of a cartoon character saying dammit, hell, or crap in normal conversation is really funny to me.
If we assume an Elf's strong suit is Dexterity (AGI) & Intellect (MAT), I imagine Strength (ATK) & Constitution (DEF) would be among their lowest stats. But I'm having a hard deciding which should be lower, Strength or Constitution?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murderkil27