Alpha 0.1 (Perspective: A Story of Class)

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Fictionary88, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Fictionary88

Fictionary88 Nobody Member

First Language:
    English

Fair Warning!

The following game has religious themes.

If you don't like the idea of interacting with the GOD of this fantasy world, please leave.

This game also covers homosexuality, racism, and gender inequality.

If THAT makes you uncomfortable, please leave.

So… I posted the first version of this game a while back. I’d hardly call it Alpha 0.1, though. That honor goes to this version. Or at least, that’s how I feel.

This is the first Alpha to my first game “Perspective: A Story of Class.” It’s a game where society has formed a caste system based on the typical RPG Job/Class format.

The game stars 6 characters, each a different Class. You, the player, will embark on a mission to save a Princess from an Evil Knight with all of these characters. The mission itself will be a short one, lasting only as long as the first mission in Final Fantasy 1. That being-

1. Go to Town

2. Buy Stuff

3. Talk to King

4. Save Princess

5. Get Reward

It’s that simple. The catch? The story will play out differently for each character, showing how hard, easy, or just playing weird things can be for each Class. All the NPCs you encounter will treat you differently depending on how high or low you are on the social caste, making for a unique experience on each playthrough.

This Alpha should serve as a proof of concept, giving you an idea of what the game will be like while also introducing you to the world and its characters. Play for yourself to learn more, and be on the lookout for Easter Eggs I slipped in. You’d be surprised what a simple browse through the pause menu can tell you about your character.  Feel free to ask any questions you like about the project, submit as much constructive criticism as you can give, and I’ll see if I can get a fully-fledged Town put in the next Alpha.

PC Version (Click on Game.boxed)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jhe5unojbfcrkx1/AADZGyB7dsoCD1Sx5h-t-j7Va?dl=0

Mac Version

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qwp6kef9ypxefbn/AABH1a2uB_UgJcatCu7Xeji_a?dl=0

Screenshots:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nptm1qmavpuifz3/AAAu9GDuU3jEMF8VuQU375mna?dl=0

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2016
    Canini likes this.
  2. Canini

Canini Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    A very interesting idea that seems well worth exploring! I would suggest putting up some screenshots to make people more interested in trying it out.

3. Fictionary88

Fictionary88 Nobody Member

First Language:
    English
    Ok, I just attached some screenshots. Thanks for the feedback! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2016