Alpha ABS 1.2. (Pre Release)

Discussion in 'JS Plugins In Development' started by Pheonix KageDesu, Aug 12, 2016.

?

What MV version you using with ABS?

Poll closed Oct 31, 2018.
  1. 1.6.1

84.8%
  2. 1.5.2

6.1%
  3. 1.5.1

3.0%
  4. Other (below 1.5.1)

6.1%
  1. cropots

cropots Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portugues
    Thanks for the hard work so far. Unfortunately I will no longer use this plugin in my game. The updates are no longer constant and we are not sure if it will be finalized.

I'm going to use the Chrono Engine from now on.

2. Pheonix KageDesu

Pheonix KageDesu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry for long time no updates, been a lot of work. I began work on the party system, and am working on another plugin. I released you a little update and I hope that I will be making updates at least once a week. All bug fixes which were not included in this update will be fixed soon.

Build 756

• fixed bug: ammunition was lost in the transition to the map
    • fixed bug: stupid AI movement
    • fixed bug: the game time depends on the amount of FPS
    • new: new ABS param for enemies: <returnType:X>. Where X: 0 - enemy fast return on start place, 1 - enemy normal speed return, 2 - enemy not return at all (stay)
    • new plugin parameter: Allow Transfer. If you set this parameter true, you can transfer between game maps during battle (but on you risk)
    The Assembly prepares the plugin to version 1.2 with support of the party, so the code structure changed a lot. Now the plugin code is creates automatically from the set of many .js files (parts of the plugin). This is an experimental build, perhaps there are bugs where they were not.

3. Pheonix KageDesu

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Guys, tell me a list of the important plugins that you use in your projects, but they are not compatible with Alpha ABS. I'll try to do they works.

This is problem, i know about it.

It shows the amount of current experience in relation to the experience required until next level. It is working correctly.

Only in 1.2 version. Not yet. Wait.

Sorry, but i don't want work with animations for now, it's boring. Try another plugins, common events of movements routes.

I need more info about your problems with the interface in your mobile game. And i can help you.

4. Aelfyr

Aelfyr The Hybris Lord Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    About the ennemies fighting each other it will be soooo usefull
    I know you are working hard and all, but do you have any ideas of when it will be possibles ?

I mean, i will entierly change my battle system if this is possible ! And for the best ^^

5. OZiO

OZiO Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Pheonix you're the man!

Thank you for everything you do, without your work on this plugin my game never would've seen release, and I'm glad you're still updating becuase I can add these into the updates of my game!

6. nickyimbo

nickyimbo Villager Member

First Language:
    Italian
    Hi Phoenix, for the other plugin compatibility i saw that all my plugins (and i use like 30+ plugins in my project) works perfectly with your plugin.
    I had just one problem with one plugin that its called VPS: Dynamic Weather System (very useful cause RPG maker standard weather isnt so good).
    I think its because the image overlay in the map that maybe can cause a game freeze or crash or whatever error (i dont know) , since the plugins like fog system or weather system are made by many pictures in the screen go in contrast with the HUD of the ABS or something.. maybe im wrong..

And it would be GREAT if there is a way to ZOOM the camera on the player (with a script command like: $gameScreen.setZoom(x,y,scale;duration); Without that the HUD didnt zoom with the camera.

By the way i support you!

7. PunchTheMoon

PunchTheMoon Hikineeto Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello, I'm new here. Is anyone knows how to disable auto attacks?

Edit: Ok, I know now. I made a small change in the plug-in.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  8. OZiO

OZiO Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is a bit embarrassing lol but I tried to implement your update and am now getting this error whenever trying to run a new game, I've tried keeping the settings default to no luck. I've pulled up the .js file to have a look but didn't want to break things further. This was fine before switch, any suggestions?

upload_2018-1-10_22-22-32.png

9. Pheonix KageDesu

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  10. Moo

Moo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    fr
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi, first very thank you for reply, I see you work on 1.2 with party ! it's a very great news.

Ok for animation, I don't understand why is boring lol ^^ but ok, I try Chrono Engine who propose a "call" in notetags of the animation (the only i found), for skill is not really important but for attacks for example, see the sword/weapon hit I think it's better, I am not programmer and i don't know if it's long or hard to add a call of image file and it's why i asked ;) I prefer your system but for me it's the only thing who miss (and party yes it's very a good news).

In all case thank you for your work, I will continue to follow you.

Bye

11. nickyimbo

First Language:
    Italian
    Its not so easy to add an animation for the attacks, the boring part is create sprites by sprites for every movement that would take very long time and it would be very hard for game makers cause you cant do an "extra sprite" for the sword but you have to draw the entire character with sword animation.
    It would be bad for someone that use a different character (And a different SIZE of chara) than the default cause he should draw his character with the sword and its quite long i suppose if you want to a good work.
    And another part very annoying that i noticed for some abs for XP like XAS abs its that you cant change the sword that the player use in the animation cause there is just 1 sprite for the animation and make multiple sprites for multiple purpose its hard.

(Sorry for my english).

12. Moo

Moo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    fr
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thank for reply, yes it's all true :) The drawing of sprite part is really long (oh yes very long !) and yes you can't change only the weapon, for my part I draw a model with poses and I change only the weapon for each skills/weapons equiped on each spritesheet, but if you are beginer in graphics it's difficult, and of course this plug-in is already great in this state, I like it it's also for this reason I ask ! It's probably not the most important for now to add this, I can probably find a way or another plug-in to add this animation part, thanks all. Bye

13. nickyimbo

First Language:
    Italian
    I may have a solution, a very easy solution.
    I did this in my project , instead of making a sprite i made an animation with the weapon.

I put the weapon sprite in the animation of the attack, i moved it out of the center and i make a effect like the weapon hit.
    Im not very good to explain this so i'll post images for let you see what i did:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope this can be atleast a bit usefull.

14. Moo

Moo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    fr
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi, it's very cool to help and thank you for your reply and the screenshots, yes it's usefull ;)

When I see your post I remember that we use this hint in old RPGMs to add weapon animations on map/abs games. It work fine for you with ABS plug-in ? I will try but it's not realy what I talk, and for the basic attack ABS already have a similar animation, for now I think I will use another plug-in and I will try the 1.2 version, and continue to search for a way to animate characters, perhaps with a plug-in like Characterpose, I will test compatibility.

I don't want to talk about an other plug-in in this post it's not fair play ^^ but I send you in private message a link to show you a good example of what I talk, and in all cases lot of thanks to you for your help !

Bye.

15. Darcion

Darcion Warper Member

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    i know what happend and this is a big problem.

we start our game on an map without <ABS>. i want to choose my main char from 6 different chars. know with the new version i cant do this anymore. you cant remove a char on an ABS map (first in your group).

16. Pheonix KageDesu

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Darcion, i start test on map without <ABS> and all works fine.

Anyway, my quick fix helps or not?

17. yeye on est la

yeye on est la Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    french
    Thank you Pheonix!

I am currently testing for bugs with the new build and I'll let you know! I am happy you are updating this plugin since I feel it's the one that fits my game the most. I like the world of warcraft feeling of it XD

18. Darcion

Darcion Warper Member

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    your files seems odd, cant use it. when will be a new update out?

19. yeye on est la

yeye on est la Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    french
    So I don't know if it's only me, but when I updated the plugin, my abs loot wouldn't work. I would kill a mob and it would respawn instantly.

Any solution?

20. NTR

NTR Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello Pheonix KageDesu
    Ok, I can sorta break it down to what I would like to work with this plugin, I am posting an image of my plugins because it would take a while to type them out.

First thing the HIME_PartyManager plugin does not work with your plugin because of the single player aspect of only having 1 character in your party being used at any given time. I have tried this plugin with the Chrono Engine and it works great but I do not like their hud being that I want the 8 quick slots for spells and not 1 slot etc. For our game, we use 4 characters at all times to solve puzzles and kill mobs needing each characters special ability per mob type or needing each character to solve the puzzle kind of like Trine.

I made a workaround making a switch key that sends 1 character to a non-abs map then switching that character to the one you want using the party switch script then placing that character back on the ABS map with the return cords. It works but breaks the game sometimes and has a delay when switching characters also adding extra maps etc to my game. That is really the one thing I would like to see fixed.

We would also like to see better AI and the ability to change mobs into something else with spells or even bring them over to our side with mind-altering spell etc. Dunno if that is possible. We can't solve the problem of completely eliminating the melee aspect of our game but if you have a simple solution that is great because all we want to use are spells from the quick bar total of 8 only and eliminate all menus if possible.

So here is the image of my plug-ins I use let me know if any of these might be causing us issues with your plug-in, we love what you have done so far and we want to use it thanks so much.

P.S. I have no problems getting your plug-in to work on an android device as some people have said they had problems, I don't know what I did different tho.
    my plugins.jpg