• Poll closed .

Protagonist7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Also, I'm using solid regions, and while they seem to work for making enemies not see through walls, noTarget skills seem to pass through walls still.

Ctrl_Alt

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I noticed a bug where Enemies will attack through different maps, say an Enemy is on map B, and you go from B to A, the Enemy will still attack and kill you , even if they are no where near you.
you can enter into different maps and they will still keep attacking.

This is also happen if you die and go to an older save game. The enemy will continue attacking.

Edit: Currently Restarting the game is the only fix I've found so far.

Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pheonix KageDesu Is there a way to do stealth mechanics? Any plans to include them?
If you set Sp-Parameter Target Rate = 0 for player, enemies not will see you. You can use it to develop some stealth in your game

can i askk i'm new here, Are you building a new game base on your plugin that you are making??? I HOPE YOU ARE!!
Only plugin, not game.

Ctrl_Alt , what build you use? And, do you transfer between maps when player in battle? (plugin parameter Allow transfer is ON ?)

Serzelius

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is that script support diagonal movement? Please answer cause i want to use it and i ll pay for that script

Locke

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey KageDesu,
I'm pumped to start using this system for zombie killing game I have in mind! - I just had one question. In the 980 demo is there a way to modify the gun so that if you hold down on the action button the gun will keep firing?

jweav8705

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Please disregard

Last edited:

Leidz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, is there a way to create a neutral enemy? Attack only if you attack?
Trying To set "agressive" to 0 with script call "this.setParamE" but nothing happen, still attacking me, tested with "viewRadius" too with script call, set to 0, still see me !
I want to make a neutral guy, with choice box, when insulted, become aggresive instead of neutral

Last edited:

jweav8705

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've searched this thread and did not find the answer or anyone having the same issue as me.

Using version 1044.

When I open the menu on a map that has enemies on it and close it and approach them, they don't trigger.
If I leave the map, come back and then approach them, they pursue and attack accordingly.
Opening the menu kills the enemy's ability to react to player, but transferring to another map and back allows the enemies to then function properly. The menu breaks something, but reloading the map fixes it (this is strange because fixing it does not require an entire game restart).

Has anyone else experienced this; or figured out how to remedy it? Is there a note tag I need somewhere to fix this?

I'm having this issue in my main project was able to recreate it in a blank project with no other plugins active.
This occurs with the most basic of setup: an enemy in the database and that enemy being called in a map. There are no note tags being used anywhere except <ABS> in the map and the required note tags for Skill 1.
There are no crashes or errors to report.

Please help because if this is just how this works, then I'll need to find and alternative; it's been a great plugin so far. Not convoluted at all.

EDIT: Solved. You have to spawn the enemies from the spawn map in order to prevent this. I was just referencing the enemies from the database directly in events.

Last edited:

Taj

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
First very good job for this plugin, it's so amazing!

I understood how to edit option etc.
But i have one only problem with the pictures used in the ui.I want to change them.I have a folder with the pictures used.But when i change them, there is no effect in game.the pictures stay the same. ^^
What the hell ? lol How to change them ?

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, been enjoying your plugin a lot! The only problem i have encountered so far is that looted items appeat twice on the item notification bar, exp and money dont have this behavior but any item i add to the character gets listed twice, any ideas what can be causing this?

On another note, is there a script call to "turn off/on" the abs system? I want to make a cutscene then "turn on" the battle system for a smooth transition into battle.

Taj

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi bro, if i Can help you, i will do it because together, WE CAN Do IT .
No Idea for items.But for activate or desactivate abs you have a script command like this : showui and hideui to turn on and turn off the ABS.
I don't remember exactly the command but in the Demo you have an exemple on event to activate abs. You only need to change (show) by (hide).

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hiding the Ui is not the same effect as turning off the AI, i can hide the interface but mobs will still hit you and you are still able to use weapons and skills, im looking for a "turn off ABS system -> play cutscene ->activate ABS" so i dont need to setup a "cutscene map" and then duplicate it with the enemy spawns, thanks tho.

As for this issue:

I've searched this thread and did not find the answer or anyone having the same issue as me.

Using version 1044.

When I open the menu on a map that has enemies on it and close it and approach them, they don't trigger.
If I leave the map, come back and then approach them, they pursue and attack accordingly.
Opening the menu kills the enemy's ability to react to player, but transferring to another map and back allows the enemies to then function properly. The menu breaks something, but reloading the map fixes it (this is strange because fixing it does not require an entire game restart).

Has anyone else experienced this; or figured out how to remedy it? Is there a note tag I need somewhere to fix this?

I'm having this issue in my main project was able to recreate it in a blank project with no other plugins active.
This occurs with the most basic of setup: an enemy in the database and that enemy being called in a map. There are no note tags being used anywhere except <ABS> in the map and the required note tags for Skill 1.
There are no crashes or errors to report.

Please help because if this is just how this works, then I'll need to find and alternative; it's been a great plugin so far. Not convoluted at all.

EDIT: Solved. You have to spawn the enemies from the spawn map in order to prevent this. I was just referencing the enemies from the database directly in events.
Saving in an abs map with enemies nearby and then loading the save seems to turn off their battle AI too, they detect but dont chase/attack, you can still kill the enemies but their responses are off, havent tried the "spawning" way as i manually setup the enemies by database reference but ill give a try to spawning.

Taj

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For a cutscene you can make 2 same Map and you teleport character, on the first Map you put <ABS> on commentary and on the second not.You can put the same chara for ennemies but in your second Map they will be off. :)
But i think you khnow already this ahah
You wanted instant on/off.
Sorry i forgot ui do no effect on battle system, my bad, because on m'y game i put show ui on <ABS> Map and hide ui on the classic Map, so i had "mix" the commands^^.
(Sorry if i don't understand very well or for my Bad english i'm french lol)

Locke

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just noticed a bug in the 980 demo. When you have no weapon equipped, walking around uses the standard 3 frames per sprite direction, however if you look closely once you equip a weapon like a sword, gun or bow, it switches to only using 2 frames per sprite direction. I noticed this because I tried testing it with a different sprite of my own when I replaced the PNG file.

Has anyone else ran into this or know where in the plugin I can resolve this issue? - Or do I need to become a ******* supporter and download the pro version?

Thanks

Stabegabe

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have gunblade like weapons in my game, I want the standard attack to be melee. Is there a way to make it so a skill separate from the
weapon can be used for shooting, with the ammo system? It isn't a problem for the magazine size and fire rate to be the same across
every weapon.

Kingslayer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
bulgarian
Primarily Uses
Other
Hello. I have a problem with the installation of alpha abs. When I put everything from alpha abs datas into my game it's shows me this.
Any solutions? Thanks.

Attachments

SMO_Valadorn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, been enjoying your plugin a lot! The only problem i have encountered so far is that looted items appeat twice on the item notification bar, exp and money dont have this behavior but any item i add to the character gets listed twice, any ideas what can be causing this?

On another note, is there a script call to "turn off/on" the abs system? I want to make a cutscene then "turn on" the battle system for a smooth transition into battle.
You can use a commentary like <noActive:A> in an event's first page so it's AI will only activate with a plugin command.
The plugin command to activate it is: ABS activate eventName
You'll need a page for the deactivated enemy, a page for the activated enemy (with the self switch A as condition in this example) and a page for the dead enemy, so your event will need at least 3 pages.

Hello. I have a problem with the installation of alpha abs. When I put everything from alpha abs datas into my game it's shows me this.
Any solutions? Thanks.
You're showing us the tab "Elements", could you take a screenshot of the tab "Console"?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kingslayer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
bulgarian
Primarily Uses
Other
You can use a commentary like <noActive:A> in an event's first page so it's AI will only activate with a plugin command.
The plugin command to activate it is: ABS activate eventName
You'll need a page for the deactivated enemy, a page for the activated enemy (with the self switch A as condition in this example) and a page for the dead enemy, so your event will need at least 3 pages.

You're showing us the tab "Elements", could you take a screenshot of the tab "Console"?
Which one is the tab Console? Sorry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Couple hours of work. Might use in my game as a secret find or something. Not sure. Fancy though no? :D
Holy stink, where have I been? Well, I started my temporary job this week. So less time to spend on game design... :(
Cartoonier cloud cover that better fits the art style, as well as (slightly) improved blending/fading... fading clouds when there are larger patterns is still somewhat abrupt for some reason.
Do you Find Tilesetting or Looking for Tilesets/Plugins more fun? Personally I like making my tileset for my Game (Cretaceous Park TM) xD
How many parameters is 'too many'??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grr