• Poll closed .

Nedwal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Thank you for this @Pheonix KageDesu. Awesome plugin.

I was wondering, is there a complete feature list somewhere for basic and pro especially, that one can read b4 buying? I still consider rmmv a hobby till i finish my first sellable game, heck my first game at all...and would like to spend as little as possible..
With further detail i was wondering as certain skills can be acchieved with this, or if there are plans for implementing any of these (since i am afraid of most will be answerd with no):

a)a skill VISIBLY jumping from player to target connecting both for a few frames (aka. lightning)
b)and then jumping to further targets (aka. chain lightning)
c) with connection not in a straight line (bending a little left and right)
d) animated (the lightning is moving a little as long as it lasts)

e) same as a) but going through the target and hitting enemies behind target as well
(sort of a laser blast)
f) shots flying from player in various directions before redirecting towards target (aka. magic missiles)
g)same as f) but redirecting themselves towards closest enemy without being targeted( aka. selfaiming missile),

(f+g)2) a selfbuff that can be charged by channeling or cast with certain amount of charges. for each charge the buff will autoattack an enemy when it comes in range or when player targets it. (prolly scriptable if f)/g) is a yes) (aka. lightning shield)

h) i think i already read that mouse targeting is implemented? (but just asking again for safety)
i) shot from player exploding upon expire (aka. fireball; prolly implemented or most likely easyly scripted; just asking for completeness sake)
j) maybe intresting for ppl trying to build ranger classes: skill upon impact splitting in all kinds of directions (might also be scriptable i guess)

An answer with a linked feature list answering these questions or aswer in the style of ---- a-c) yes, d-g) coming soon, h) no, i) maybe coming but can be scripted ---- would be much appreciated.

I hope to not be too annoying with this but i figure lots of ppl might want these skills and to know this. also its 5 min to answer for someone who knows or kage himself, and its days to figure it out otherwise for many out there, just to possibly learn it cant be done. thx for indulding me :)

Zekken

Programmer? Pro-Gamer? Pro-Grammar?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Nedwal maybe I can only answer 1 question about features of PRO version here :

Other than that, maybe only KageDesu that can answer.

Nedwal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
yes i saw that already but it doesnt answer my question . but thx anyway.
i find the map inventory and visible boxes great. really awesome. but a lot of that seems circumstantial to me and has nothing to do with the actual core of an abs.

Love your signagure btw. Zekken.

i am really intrested if ranged skills can do more than shoot a projectile from a to b (which in itself is already great) as asked in detail above ;)

Correction: i know it can do more than the projectile from a to b. seen most yt vids concerning themselves with alpha abs and read what i could find.

If i had to specify my questions from above here goes...:
i figure a skill can be made to retrigger itself to go from first target to a 2nd one after impacting on the first one. aka. chainlightning effect. (confirmation appreciated).
what i dont know if is possible: can the animated image of an arrow be exchanged for a lightning image that can be manipulated in length and with to connect caster and enemy and later further enemies, using the animation not to move the projectile forwards but just on the spot animation and thus have the optics of chain lightning...
and so on...

Last edited:

4Locke

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey all,

I have encountered this error multiple times with the plugin even after reinstalling the plugin the correct way multiple times. I have attached a photo of the error log. Does anyone know how to fix this error?Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 10.57.58 AM.png

-Thank you!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@4Locke So, not an expert at all. But, I've been working with this plugin a bit recently. And every error I've had has been related to images. So, I'm gonna ask, did you put the image folder in correctly? The whole folder should be copied into the img folder of your project. I may be way off, but like I said, it's been the source of my issues, so I thought I would recommend it.

Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm getting this error when i try to use San_AnalogMove
1592455206239.png

Orgaya

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Completely excellent plugin that I am having a lot of fun using and playing around with.

Question, though - when you are using an Area Select skill, is it possible to change something in the script so that you can move while you are aiming?

DigitalWF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can I just use this plugin for the visual hotkey? How to add item to the hotkey? Is it only for skills?

Zekken

Programmer? Pro-Gamer? Pro-Grammar?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can I just use this plugin for the visual hotkey? How to add item to the hotkey? Is it only for skills?
Do you mean the skill panel? Go to the item menu and click on the one of the item and then click the key that correspondence with the panel (default is 1-8). The item occasion should be "battle screen", add <ABS:0> to the note section, and make sure that the item is consumable.

vishi221

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
AADefense still working in 1174, but after update it's not working anymore?

Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Upon talking to the old man I get a reference error
uAPI is not defined
MV is 1.6.1 and above ?

AADefense still working in 1174, but after update it's not working anymore?
Should works, i will check it. Thanks for reporting.

Have you figured out what caused this error? I'm having the same issue.
If you using build 1128, try using build 1158 , you can find it in Demo project, see my post above

Alpha ABS Z (for MZ) in development. First details about new UI and features

Variant 1.png

Lightweight and faster...

As you can see, the UI of AABS Z is different. It has become simpler and easier. But it has not lost its flexibility and customization. The main changes affected the code. In Alpha ABS, there was a problem that the interface lowered FPS on low-end PC's and mobile devices. I rewrite all the basic elements from scratch, making them easier and more productive. The AABZ interface should works 50% or more faster than in Alpha ABS.

Edit all default UI elements in Plugin Parameters

Almost all interface elements will be customizable via the plugin parameters with flexible settings.

uAPI for UI elements, control during game via script calls

bVHSwQeP5J.gif

Using special uAPI script calls you can change UI elements during game. Like, you change main character and want hide MP gauge and show TP, end etc.

Custom UI elements

In plugin parameters you can add own UI elements. And control them during game with uAPI

2020-10-18_10-54-32.png

* some example of custom character interface, that you can easily create via plugin parameters

And...yes, in-game UI Editor is back

You can allow player edit UI in game or using this tool for easy get x,y for own UI elements when design game

Features:

• Support custom UI elements editing
  • You can prohibit editing any UI element (like Reid bust on gif)
  • Grid and snapping
  • Cursor X,Y, any element X,Y, easy to setup positions for UI elements in plugin parameters
  • Drag and Drop

* All this stuff in development and something may change

Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
New Animation system.

For Alpha ABS Z a new animation system was written from scratch taking into account the your suggestions and problems of previous systems (Motion System and Motion System 2).

Idle animations

Idle.gif

When your character is not moving, you can play idle animation. Optional.

Different states (animation sets)

inBattleState.gif

AABS have two main animation states - walking (weapon unarmed) and in-battle (armed). Walking state is required, in-battle is optional. Quick switch during game.

Actions

• Attack
Attack.gif

• Defense
Defense.gif

• Customs
Create your custom animation actions with very flexible settings: only one direction, different frame counts, frames repeating, waiting finishing, interrupts with character moving

8 - way movement "from box"

AABSZ at start will support 8 direction movement, optional

8 - way movement extended

8wayAnimated.gif

Supports 8 directions isometric animations, but files not included with AABSZ

Animation files structure *

Each frame - is different file .png file, sprite sheets not supported. Simple naming rules.

* folder structure may be changed before first Beta release

FileStructure.png

Reid hero starting pack

Thanks to my friend and very good pixel artist Ekaterina Stadnikova AABS Z will include Reid animations and some enemies, you can use them in your games.

Summary

• Idle animations
  • No frame count limit
  • Actions
  • Animations for map events
  • Animations for character
  • Animated visual equipment system (in development, almost done)
  • Flexible settings in plugin parameters for each animation
  • Quick animations states (sets) change during game

* All this stuff in development and something may change

LittlePIGGY

Just a piggy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The most wonderful plugin of all! Looking forward to the release!

SMO_Valadorn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone!
I made a plugin with some bug fixes for old builds (it has some bug fixes for recent builds too).

Here's it's page on github: AABS_FixPack

I hope it helps someone :smile:
Cheers :kaoluv:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

GOBBLE GOBBLE! Happy thanksgiving.
Oh no. That moment when you try to fix something you modified in your game, like, a year ago but didn't want to fix then, and you now have no idea what you even did. Me right now, trying to figure out why my gold window is over stretched?
LittlePIGGY wrote on atreyoray's profile.
Where are you TT^TT
We need ARP_InGameManual for MZ
Oh my gosh. Thank you, Macy's! Thank you so much! You have made me very happy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eryndor