Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi
I like your abs, but I want to know does it have a combo?
Like when you press Z 3 times, it comes combo.
Also, If my party can use combos, it will be great and I will use it.

Last edited:

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone!
I made a plugin with some bug fixes for old builds (it has some bug fixes for recent builds too).

Here's it's page on github: AABS_FixPack

I hope it helps someone :smile:
Cheers :kaoluv:
Sadly your fix crashes my game, using AABS 1158.

Code:
TypeError: Cannot read property '_mySummonUnit' of null

atGame_player._.getSummonUnit (Alpha_ABS_build_1158.js:22043:26)
EDIT: Commented out code at line 390 (FIX: Removing summoning from map after using "Recover All") Game runs, will test the fixed, thanks again!

Id love to have the "reloads on every map change fix" :kaoslp:

Last edited:

SMO_Valadorn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sadly your fix crashes my game, using AABS 1158.

Code:
TypeError: Cannot read property '_mySummonUnit' of null

atGame_player._.getSummonUnit (Alpha_ABS_build_1158.js:22043:26)
EDIT: Commented out code at line 390 (FIX: Removing summoning from map after using "Recover All") Game runs, will test the fixed, thanks again!

Id love to have the "reloads on every map change fix" :kaoslp:
Thanks for the report, I just fixed it on v1.03! :kaopride:

Morahir

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Привет! Скажите пожалуйста, где я могу скачать этот плагин на МЗ?

ZankokuNoYami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am at a loss. I installed it as the directions said and I get this error if I even try to TOUCH the menu after opening it.

Alpha_ABS_1128_public.js:2053 TypeError: KDCore.SDK.canvasToLocalX is not a function
at Sprite_MapInvHeader.isMouseIn (PKD_MapInventory.js:5979)
at MapInvController._updateInvDrag (PKD_MapInventory.js:4338)
at MapInvController.updateWhenOpen (PKD_MapInventory.js:4193)
at MapInvController.update (PKD_MapInventory.js:4181)
at Spriteset_InvUI._.update (PKD_MapInventory.js:6887)
at rpg_scenes.js:262
at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
at Scene_Map.Scene_Base.updateChildren (rpg_scenes.js:260)
at Scene_Map.Scene_Base.update (rpg_scenes.js:113)
at Scene_Map.Scene_Base.update (Alpha_ABS_1128_public.js:23131)

SMO_Valadorn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am at a loss. I installed it as the directions said and I get this error if I even try to TOUCH the menu after opening it.

Alpha_ABS_1128_public.js:2053 TypeError: KDCore.SDK.canvasToLocalX is not a function
at Sprite_MapInvHeader.isMouseIn (PKD_MapInventory.js:5979)
at MapInvController._updateInvDrag (PKD_MapInventory.js:4338)
at MapInvController.updateWhenOpen (PKD_MapInventory.js:4193)
at MapInvController.update (PKD_MapInventory.js:4181)
at Spriteset_InvUI._.update (PKD_MapInventory.js:6887)
at rpg_scenes.js:262
at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
at Scene_Map.Scene_Base.updateChildren (rpg_scenes.js:260)
at Scene_Map.Scene_Base.update (rpg_scenes.js:113)
at Scene_Map.Scene_Base.update (Alpha_ABS_1128_public.js:23131)
There's a comptibility issue between Alpha ABS 1128 and the map inventory, you can't use both.

ZankokuNoYami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
There's a comptibility issue between Alpha ABS 1128 and the map inventory, you can't use both.
Something advertised in this thread + has options in the abs plugin settings for... is incompatible? Wtf hahaha.

Well thanks for letting me know so I dont continue to try to understand all these errors XD

Gosh darn it though! Hahaha

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi when i zoom in the screen the interface is fixed to its position and simply gets lost.

Is there a way to make it fixed in place independant to the screen zoom?

MV version by the way.

ZankokuNoYami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Going to rephrase this...

I got my files from the demo offered with the latest build by Jeremy.

When I start the game with the ABS and Yanfly Item Core ON, in my inventory is 10 copies of the starting weapon, armor and shield... with having done NOTHING to add them........ remove either and that does not happen. WTF is going on?

Last edited:

SMO_Valadorn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Something advertised in this thread + has options in the abs plugin settings for... is incompatible? Wtf hahaha.

Well thanks for letting me know so I dont continue to try to understand all these errors XD

Gosh darn it though! Hahaha
That's because Alpha ABS has it's own map inventory, but only since build 1155.

Going to rephrase this...

I got my files from the demo offered with the latest build by Jeremy.

When I start the game with the ABS and Yanfly Item Core ON, in my inventory is 10 copies of the starting weapon, armor and shield... with having done NOTHING to add them........ remove either and that does not happen. WTF is going on?
I've been using Alpha ABS and YEP Item Core for some time and I've never seen this bug, try deactivating other plugins, maybe the issue is coming from another plugin. Also, just to be sure, could you double check if any event/common event is giving the player those equips?

Hi when i zoom in the screen the interface is fixed to its position and simply gets lost.

Is there a way to make it fixed in place independant to the screen zoom?

MV version by the way.
If you are usnig a permanent zoom in your game you can change the UI's position on data/AABS/UIGauges.json, but if that's just temporary I guess you could hide the UI, so at least it'll look proposital lol

If you guys need more help, I check KD's discord more often than this forum and there's more people to help you there: Kagedesu's Discord Server

ZankokuNoYami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That's because Alpha ABS has it's own map inventory, but only since build 1155.

I've been using Alpha ABS and YEP Item Core for some time and I've never seen this bug, try deactivating other plugins, maybe the issue is coming from another plugin. Also, just to be sure, could you double check if any event/common event is giving the player those equips?

If you are usnig a permanent zoom in your game you can change the UI's position on data/AABS/UIGauges.json, but if that's just temporary I guess you could hide the UI, so at least it'll look proposital lol

If you guys need more help, I check KD's discord more often than this forum and there's more people to help you there: Kagedesu's Discord Server
I have tried several different varients of the plugin and all seem to act the same way with Yanfly's Item Core. I even joined pa...tre...on(for some reason it censors this word, wtf?) and got the pro version.

I have created brand new maps with no events or common events. Also, i noticed something... so, originally I had like 20 available spots for weapons and armor. I reduced it to like 8 weapons and armor. And after filling out every single slot, the number of each item droped from 10 to 3. It seems to place, in my inventory, x number of the FIRST weapon, FIRST armor and FIRST accessory. Same for shield, but my character doesn't have one, so it doesnt show up.

I disabled ALL other plugins and ran the game with ONLY ABS and Item Core before I made this post. Disabling Item Core removes the issue. Disabling the ABS removes the issue.

The Demo by Jeremy ALSO seems to have this issue. If you start a new game on a blank map, it also puts, into your inventory, a couple of random items.

Also, I noticed this issue only occurs when I allow independent items. Issue is, if I don't, the game throws an error and breaks on me (whenever I attempt to equip any piece of armor only).

So I have tried multiple builds, including the newest. And between two different projects, have observed the same issue but in slightly different ways (like amounts and which items are chosen).

Suuuuuper weird.

ANOTHER QUESTION! Is there anyway for me to assign another skill or attack to the shield button? Like I want my character to always carry a gun and sword at the same time. I have no plans for a shield. So would rather like Zelda in that aspect... an A and B button that you can assign whatever you want too. And then leave the skill bar for powers and items.

Last edited:

Aioria619

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Friend, you plan to update the free version for 1 year ,since you have not updated it, you could think of the poor as well

SMO_Valadorn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have tried several different varients of the plugin and all seem to act the same way with Yanfly's Item Core. I even joined pa...tre...on(for some reason it censors this word, wtf?) and got the pro version.

I have created brand new maps with no events or common events. Also, i noticed something... so, originally I had like 20 available spots for weapons and armor. I reduced it to like 8 weapons and armor. And after filling out every single slot, the number of each item droped from 10 to 3. It seems to place, in my inventory, x number of the FIRST weapon, FIRST armor and FIRST accessory. Same for shield, but my character doesn't have one, so it doesnt show up.

I disabled ALL other plugins and ran the game with ONLY ABS and Item Core before I made this post. Disabling Item Core removes the issue. Disabling the ABS removes the issue.

The Demo by Jeremy ALSO seems to have this issue. If you start a new game on a blank map, it also puts, into your inventory, a couple of random items.

Also, I noticed this issue only occurs when I allow independent items. Issue is, if I don't, the game throws an error and breaks on me (whenever I attempt to equip any piece of armor only).

So I have tried multiple builds, including the newest. And between two different projects, have observed the same issue but in slightly different ways (like amounts and which items are chosen).

Suuuuuper weird.

ANOTHER QUESTION! Is there anyway for me to assign another skill or attack to the shield button? Like I want my character to always carry a gun and sword at the same time. I have no plans for a shield. So would rather like Zelda in that aspect... an A and B button that you can assign whatever you want too. And then leave the skill bar for powers and items.
Oh, I think I know what bug you are talking about, if I'm right it's not the first weapon/armor on database that the player is receiving, it's the initial equipment from other actors, you may start the game with actor 1 but you'll receive the initial equips from actor 2, 3 and so on.

To solve that, open YEP Item core with a text editor, look for this code:
JavaScript:
this.initActorEquips();
and turn it into a comment, like this:
JavaScript:
//this.initActorEquips();
About turning your shield into a skill, that would be more complicated, you'd need to change more code into the plugin...

Friend, you plan to update the free version for 1 year ,since you have not updated it, you could think of the poor as well
I don't know if you know this, but if you download Jeremy Perkins' demo you'll get access to build 1158, also if you are having problems with bugs I made a mod for Alpha ABS to fix some bugs on older and recent builds, take a look: AABS_FixPack.
To find Jeremy Perkins' demo just search "Alpha ABS demo by Jeremy Perkins" and you'll find it. By the way, I don't think that getting access to the latest build is that expensive, you don't need to be rich to afford it for a month.

Aioria619

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, I think I know what bug you are talking about, if I'm right it's not the first weapon/armor on database that the player is receiving, it's the initial equipment from other actors, you may start the game with actor 1 but you'll receive the initial equips from actor 2, 3 and so on.

JavaScript:
this.initActorEquips();
JavaScript:
About turning your shield into a skill, that would be more complicated, you'd need to change more code into the plugin...

I don't know if you know this, but if you download Jeremy Perkins' demo you'll get access to build 1158, also if you are having problems with bugs I made a mod for Alpha ABS to fix some bugs on older and recent builds, take a look: AABS_FixPack.
To find Jeremy Perkins' demo just search "Alpha ABS demo by Jeremy Perkins" and you'll find it. By the way, I don't think that getting access to the latest build is that expensive, you don't need to be rich to afford it for a month.
Thanks for the information, it may not be much for you, but in my country, Venezuela, it is a lot, the salary in my country is 16 dollars a month.

ZankokuNoYami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

JavaScript:
this.initActorEquips();
JavaScript:
OMG, yes, that was it! I didnt catch on... but I ALSO had reduced my total characters since changing battle systems. I had reduced it down to just the main 3, so you are completely right, and that was why. I was getting their armor and stuff. SUCH A WEIRD GLITCH!!

Thanks a ton muh pal!

------

New question... is there anyway to make a shot gun have 'spread'? Like if you are further away, it will hit like 3 tiles worth? Or anything close to that? Trying to make the shotgun stand out from the magnum (which both will push enemies back).

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OMG, yes, that was it! I didnt catch on... but I ALSO had reduced my total characters since changing battle systems. I had reduced it down to just the main 3, so you are completely right, and that was why. I was getting their armor and stuff. SUCH A WEIRD GLITCH!!

Thanks a ton muh pal!

------

New question... is there anyway to make a shot gun have 'spread'? Like if you are further away, it will hit like 3 tiles worth? Or anything close to that? Trying to make the shotgun stand out from the magnum (which both will push enemies back).
You can make shotguns hit in a 3x3 square or 3x2 rectangle, thats what i did as to make them a splash and mid ranged weapon:kaoslp:

ZankokuNoYami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You can make shotguns hit in a 3x3 square or 3x2 rectangle, thats what i did as to make them a splash and mid ranged weapon:kaoslp:
Yes, that, that is what I am referring too! What setting did you do to achieve that? I was trying to find a setting that would allow it to work like that hahaha.

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, that, that is what I am referring too! What setting did you do to achieve that? I was trying to find a setting that would allow it to work like that hahaha.
You can either add the <explosive:X> tag for ranged explosion around the enemy affected (setting it to 1 will add a small square around it) or use <ABS:3> type skill for a cone effect paired with no target so you can fire whitout targeting, affecting everyone on the cone.

Oir

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I saw that the dev announced his work on AABS for RMMZ a couple months ago. Has there been any news since? Are there any releases for AABS (or any ABS system for that matter) on RMMZ?

finalrpg777

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I want to remove auto-attack, how do I do this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How much n would you tolerate having the screen and the options shake/mock for every wrong answer you give in a hypothetical game?
I have officially released JABS 2.00.

Do people think there would be value in releasing the non-JABS plugins as separate posts/threads here on this forum?

Additionally, I just would like to drum up excitement/anticipation/hype that I plan on spinning up the following:
- A custom crafting system that grants is modeled after the star ocean franchise.
- A custom menu system to go along with JABS on-the-map.
If a developer focuses too much on describing the game mechanics in the official trailer for their RPG, I'm going to wonder whether their writing is so bad that it doesn't deserve center stage for their game. This seems to be a pitfall for the marketing on a lot of games.
Only 2 projects ongoing, but not quite started yet: World of Persona (you know how it would go by the name) and GAN.
First one would be kinda of a Persona game, (but international not only Japanese!!!), and the other one is just for Spain (at first) (because it needs to be done for each country after all, it's an all-branches educational game)
As far as i can finish World of Persona, it means GAN is viable.
Evening humans! How goes thou day?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artus90