mkelly527

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey all, currently I'm having an issue with Alpha ABS in which after an enemy is dead, the corpse can still be selected (when you click or hover over the corpse with your mouse, it displays the hp gage and image). I'm creating a game which has lots of zombie enemies, so being able to select dead enemies becomes annoying because if an alive enemy is on top of a corpse and the player tries to click on them (the alive enemy), it selects the corpse instead of the alive enemy. I was wondering if there is a way to "deactivate" an abs enemy after it is dead and just turn it into a regular event that can't be selected. Or is there a way that I can set the priority to always select the alive enemy on top of the corpse? Any help would be appreciated! I'll include screenshots below, you can see that when the enemy is dead its still able to be selected. I'll also include screenshots of the enemy event.

I'm using the most up to date version on Alpha ABS and my enemy dead switch is set to "B" btw

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    294.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    273.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Untitled3.png
    Untitled3.png
    260.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Untitled4.png
    Untitled4.png
    261.2 KB · Views: 7

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you tried adding an autorun on switch B-> delete event+self switch C on->empty page with self switch C?

mkelly527

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you tried adding an autorun on switch B-> delete event+self switch C on->empty page with self switch C?
That deletes the enemy as well as the corpse if I understand you correctly. I would like the corpse to still be displayed on the ground. Do you know how I would do that?

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No idea tbh, in my game which also runs AABS dead enemies on switchB remain untargetable.

mkelly527

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No idea tbh, in my game which also runs AABS dead enemies on switchB remain untargetable.
by chance could you share screenshots of how your enemies are set up., Most other people have been telling me that their enemies are untargetable after death as well, makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Feel free to check out our "Touch the Stars" gamejam submission, "Starlight, Starbright!"
just finished playing one shot. im kinda disappointed with return the sun ending ngl. i was hoping there would be some after credits scene that would play with my emotions
So apparently the surprise Google Search page browser game saves your progress when you close the browser.

This really makes me miss the golden age of Flash gaming.
ohh man im ending oneshot now (im doing the last stepping puzzle rn) and the music is so...sad...like...ive been thinking recently about how fast moments pass and...my anxious thoughts combined with that music and nostalgia...like...im comfortably sad...and want to cry internally
We're playing one of the Touch the Stars game jam entries, come join us!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananansy