Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Story:
Synthoxin is a story driven game. Following the perspective of a… well, more or less reliable journal, of one Sophie Shepard.
Sophie Shepard; a fan of poetry, a dreamer… a farmer. With being born in the rural of Rinam, her only ambition at the young age is to move to the city by any means. Contrastingly, her other half, dreams of removing herself away from the city and back to the farm with the people she grew up with.
The problem you may ask?
Synthoxin.

A rare cruel sinister genetic disease, plaguing the mind. Emerging from the Lhaki War, this disease makes you question what reality is… and what is just simply fantasy. Is that man real? What she just said is false? Is Synthoxin truly a genetic disease?

Following tasks of everyday life, you’ll soon learn more about this Synthoxin and what it does to your character, every time writing into that journal of hers.
And you’ll soon realise that Synthoxin is not truly the villain here.
Something else lurks behind her mind, itching regret and despair.

Question is, will you find out the story of Sophie Shepard?

Gameplay:
The gameplay is mostly simple quests, contributing towards the story, development of the character and expanding lore as well.

It also offers for you to be able to explore Rinam’s District you’re living in… and the farm, learning more of your environment and surroundings of this fictional world.

As said before, Sophie Shepard is a “fan of poetry”, there’ll be multiple poems lying around for you to read, each hinting out the inevitable end of the game.

And of course, there’s multiple Easter eggs scattered amongst the game, how many can you find?

Mapping:
As said, there’s two perspectives of Sophie Shepard’s life, one in the farms, and one in the city. Mapping externally offers you multiple places to go and look around, learning the lore of Rinam. Internally, there are multiple items which should explain more about the current situation of Sophie Shepard.

I’m using paid assets so, it’s a break from RTP resources.

Features:
- An original soundtrack
- Around 1-2 hours of game play
- Interactive and a non-combat story driven experience

Warning:
Well not really a warning, however, as said before, this is a story driven game, if you expect the RPG Maker battle system, well, there is none. If you like RPG Maker games with their implemented combat system, then you might not like this sorry >.<

In other words, this is not your typical RPG Maker game.

Alongside with that, this is my second project, previously building experience from my first project. So, quality might not be of the highest.

Credit:
Tilesets:
Kaue Luchetta
REFMAP
Yeaka

Sprite generator resources:
Sythian Bard
Bokou
Raedwulfo
whtdragon
TheMarbleFox
CallMeKerrigan

Plugins:
HimeWorks
Galv
Mr Trivel
Christian Schicho
Terrax
Atreyo Ray
Sparckman
Yanfly
Victor Engine
SumRndmDde

Link:
The game description should be more effective, and hopefully that’ll spark more interest.

Screenshots:
1604001084195.png
1604001108287.png
1-Wed-SC1.png
1604001391668.png

Additional Notes:
This is only my second project and the only experience I've is from my first, so any criticism is welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you! :)

8-BitNovels

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Development Roadmap:
November - Fixtures of maps
December - Adding more poems (You'll understand that if you had a try of Alpha)
January - NPCs creation
February - Implementing NPCs and their conversations
March - Testing and Beta!

Meanwhile...
I'll be working on a trailer, and also working to find streamers, lets players, reviewers, bloggers etc whose willing to test out my game.

Obviously, some of these stuff, I should be able to finish, but better put a deadline then not having one.
Hopefully I can get the first 2 months done and start on with the January's because... de-chibifying chibis is something.

February, might actually take a month because I want to get some decent lengthy convos in there.

All in all, realistically I should be able to meet that March deadline, if not, earlier.

So yeah.

A good rough 20 weeks for anyone that wants to follow and read the weekly development logs.

Unless my GCSEs mocks flops, then I may have to temporarily leave game development.

I'll see you all in March if this works as planned.

ADMtn

Treasure Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hope things go well!

Your mapping is a bit wonky on the screenshot with Calvin Shepard talking. You have the "top" of the walls dividing the room, but you're missing the fronts/ends of the walls as indicated here:
screenshot.jpg

8-BitNovels

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hope things go well!

Your mapping is a bit wonky on the screenshot with Calvin Shepard talking. You have the "top" of the walls dividing the room, but you're missing the fronts/ends of the walls as indicated here:
View attachment 166019
Yea, I noticed that after I released Alpha >.<
That's under the November stuff, alongside with making maps and such seems less empty or cutting some of it.

It's a bit of an eye nuisance, isn't it?

Anyways, thanks :)

8-BitNovels

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Project Synthoxin: Week 19
So for this week I've been fixing up the maps and also I've been adding more items/poems.

Here's some visual ideas of the improvements.
As 44% of the items are done, and the maps are fixed, this leaves me with... about 1.5 months ahead of schedule. Which should sync perfectly with my increasing revision for exams and the workload for Beta.

Screenshots:
1604345721979.png

1-TUE-SC1.png

8-BitNovels

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Project Synthoxin: Week 20
All the poems have been added
And the NPCs has been created.

Going to focus on de-chibifying those NPCs (It's not that bad as it sounds >.< )

The Alpha is out if you wish to play it: https://8-bitnovels.itch.io/synthoxin
See you next week!

Screenshots:
1-MON-SC1.png

1-SUN-SC1.png

8-BitNovels

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Project Synthoxin: Week 21
Finished creating all of the NPCs and doing the final touches on them.
I did some things to the credits and I'm planning to go implement the NPCs.
After that, fixing some bugs and attempt to reduce lag.
These are going to be some busy weeks.
Alpha is out: https://8-bitnovels.itch.io/synthoxin
If you want to give it a try.

8-BitNovels

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Project Synthoxin: Week 22
About halfway into implementing the NPCs.
Also adding more things to the list for Beta after some more feedback.
Anyways, time to implement the other half!

Alpha: https://8-bitnovels.itch.io/synthoxin
r/IndieGaming - Project Synthoxin: Week 22

r/IndieGaming - Project Synthoxin: Week 22

8-BitNovels

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Project Synthoxin: Week 23
Been working implementing NPCs into the Towns of New Royalear, Thams Dealton and Dasr.
With my GCSEs coming up, I'll be less inactive for the next two weeks, working on the weekends for the towns.
But till then, here's the Alpha:
https://8-bitnovels.itch.io/synthoxin

1606760032513.png

1606760041942.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I figured out how to put words and pictures in the screen transition. It even wipes away from both the top and bottom. The possibilities are endless! :LZSexcite: I'm going to devise secret messages now for them because I'm a terrible wonderful person like that. :kaopride:
December has arrived and with that, an ¡update for Aletoir Feast! a game made it for the One Map Challenge. I will use some of the remaining switches, variables, and events from the challenge limit to add more content but keep it within the requirements. ¡Have a nice day Everybody!
What I worked on today. :LZSjoy:

No stream today, make a game in MZ is continuing next week!
It seems MOG Weather only has a "clear" function to instantly erase a given weather effect. Probably works well if weather only changes at map transfer, etc, but looks very abrupt if weather effects are continuously changing. So my next challenge: script a "fade" function to gradually fade the sprites and wait to "clear" the current weather until the opacity of all its sprites hits zero... or something like that! XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimsonAngel