What battle system better suited for Network game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Will it be possible to eventually have players that download the game to connect to a central server so building an MMO is possible?

Not yet. Now it is p2p

I have created a Discord server where you can ask questions, write suggestions and help each other. I also answer questions and participate in.
https://discord.gg/8EE6PMv

Bezimienny

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Soooo when I want to start a server i have a reference error ,,io is not definited" and i dont know what to do.

Attachments

• 20190314_214649.png
    20190314_214649.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

chi816088

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
Incompatible "MOG_ChronoEngine" plugin cannot move synchronously

Black Mamba

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
pt-br
Primarily Uses
Someone can make a tuto how to run in free cloud server :D

Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
New update for Alpha NET. Chat and Trade between players.

Also, now available commercial license.
If you want to use the plugin in your commercial project, you can purchase a license.

HuskyTrooper

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

If you want to use the plugin in your commercial project, you can purchase a license.
Wow, this is absolutely AMAZING!!! Very professional chat window and trading system, both in real time.

It's incredible the awesome work you're doing with this project, makes me willing to start my game project right now, however since it will rely a lot of your system, better if I wait a bit more time to avoid doing possible major changes later on my project due your godly improvements.

Good job, will continue looking forward the future stable release of Alpha .Net

I might become a patron on the next month, will try to save money for support your work.

HuskyTrooper

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Sorry about the double post, it's just to make sure you read this message.

Can you consider grant for free the commercial license to those who supported you in ******* having a cummulative support of 45$ or more as a thanks due the support provided on your project? I think it's fair, however, I leave this decission up to you, isn't also a bad decission if you choose to not do that, it's understandable.

Thank you again.

Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry about the double post, it's just to make sure you read this message.

Can you consider grant for free the commercial license to those who supported you in ******* having a cummulative support of 45$ or more as a thanks due the support provided on your project? I think it's fair, however, I leave this decission up to you, isn't also a bad decission if you choose to not do that, it's understandable.

Thank you again.

My Patrons (who support me for a long time) gets good discount for Alpha ABS or Alpha NET licenses

codnamfede

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
upload_2019-4-26_15-53-51.png

I have a problem when i try to connect to a server. I'm running the server with RPG Maker MV and then I try to connect to the server running another instance of the game using "http-server" from console. http-server it's a tool of NodeJS.

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-26_15-49-30.png
    upload_2019-4-26_15-49-30.png
    594.3 KB · Views: 4

Civris

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, thanks for making this awesome plugin.

I'm having a problem however, when I try to transfer a players position whilst connected to a server it gives me this error;
"Alpha NET Warning : This command allowed only in NET shared events"

I'm not sure what exactly the error is or if there's something I need to do before attempting to transfer a players position on the map. Is there any way for me to transfer a player position whilst on a server?

Thanks!

Drakaden

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nevermind the issue i posted, my project needed a manual update.

Last edited:

Drakaden

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried your NET plugins Kage, the connectivity work, but i use the Quasi ABS system, the player teleport around, the zombies animations in my project glitches, basically it's not optimized for it, i hope you can bring the plugin to be more stable with the Quasi ABS system in time, i'd like to use it.

EDIT: The host also noted that he was lagging.

Here's a sample:
https://prnt.sc/ozrvwj

Last edited:

thenerdmansion

Graphic Design/Complex Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Are we still going in the direction of ABS for this? If not then that is ok also. You're hard work is very much appreciated ^^

TenTranVN

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnam
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I cannot use the multiplayer function,
Maximum of 4 people

Elsa

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been talking to Pheonix in private about some crashes and such since I decided to bug test plugin interactions, so I just wanted to post this in his thread as well in the event anyone else is having issues with Yanfly plugins whilst using Pheonix's plugin.

1. Battle Engine Core
Yanfly's Battle Engine Core has to be turned off. If you have it turned on, battles do load but any player connecting to the host does not get updates on health/mana usage. I.E. If player 1 takes damage from a monster, player 2 doesn't see this. So for now, Battle Engine Core has to be turned off (this includes any plugins that require it as well).

2. Victory Aftermath
Yanfly's Victory Aftermath plugin has to be turned off. If you have it enabled when a battle is won it desyncs everyone that isn't the host, and the host gets stuck "waiting for players." So something is conflicting in there. This means that the Aftermath Level Up plugin also has to be turned off.

3. Shop Menu Core
Yanfly's Shop Menu Core plugin has to be turned off. If it is on and someone clicks on the shop, they get stuck with an error that continuously pops up and they cannot leave the shop. This means that the More Currencies plugin also has to be turned off.

4. Battle Statistics
Yanfly's Battle Statistics has to be turned off. I assume this issue is actually because of his plugin and not Pheonix's, but I'll report it regardless. If this plugin is turned on only the host gets their statistics updated and because of that, the very next battle you do will crash the game with uncaught errors. (Note that this is only the case in cooperative mode. It works just fine in multiplayer mode).

5. Party System
Yanfly's Party System and Row Formation plugin have to be turned off. If they're turned on, the game automatically errors when someone tries to connect to the host. It gives the "Uncaught TypeError: item.refreshNet is not a function."

The plugins that I have installed that work perfectly fine with Pheonix's plugin are:

Core Engine
Base Param Control
Class Base Param
Extra Param Formula
Message Core
Message Pack 1
Message Pack 2
Save Core
Self Switches and Variables
Special Param Formula
Battle AI Core
Battle Status Window
Buff States Core
States Categories
Damage Core
Armour Scaling
Critical Control
Element Core
Extra Enemy Drops
Overkill Bonus
Target Core
Taunt
Item Core
Attach Augments (doesn't crash with enabled, but not tested functionality)
Item Disassemble (doesn't crash with enabled, but not tested functionality)
Item Categories
Item Picture
Item Upgrade Slots
Item Synthesis (doesn't crash with enabled, but not tested functionality)
Skill Core
Skill Master Levels
Equip Core
Status Menu Core
More Status Pages
Profile Status Page
Auto Passive States
Passive Auras
Enemy Levels
Enhanced TP
More TP Modes
Quest Journal (It does properly separate quest based on who collected them and does not give an accepted quest to everyone, so everyone must accept it).
More Quests
FPS Sync
Event Mini Label
Icon Balloons
Region Restrictions
Swap Enemies

Last edited:

ophaq

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, I have a question.

What if I wanted to just borrow the chat box feature of this plugin and not run a server? I want to do a single player game but I want a chatbox like feature where the "system" displays messages to the player when they perform specific actions such as displaying the player's damage during active combat / using items / etc.

Eliyud

Minstrel
Reaction score
First Language
Brazilian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Getting ready to test the plugin on my current project, which is done entirely by events. If all goes well, I will definitely make a donation. Does anyone know if the plugin author is still active? The topic is really abandoned.

Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes, active)
Now i am working on Alpha ABS + Alpha NET integration => NET ABS.

NET ABS Beta available for download (but still in early development)

When i am done with stable NET ABS version i will make a video and write post in this thread

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I kinda came back and learned how to mod other RPG Maker games so... Hello everyone!
Captura-de-pantalla-475.png
Version 1.0.1 done! Now finally free time... oh
Capture.PNG
I'm Really proud of how my game over screen looks!
UldJFr1.png
I felt inspired by a piece of art I saw. So I made this.

Wanderer Doge.png

Thought i'd be cool to have like a company introduction. Check it out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luxheo