What battle system better suited for Network game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think yes, but maybe not in latest version.
I'm working on the ability to connect to an already running game. And when it's ready, your idea is quite feasible.

crydrk

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can you include information in the documentation about how to open multiple exe files at once on a single computer for testing? It seems only one will open at a time.

[edit] Found the youtube video in FAQ but it would be nice in the getting started section. Thanks.

Damzen

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thank you so much for the plugin and continued work on it. Can i ask - is there a way to run or process the menu actions via script/plugin commands?
I'm running a custom main menu, but realised your code is dynamicaly creating the 'Network' button the main menu upon start up of game.
Is there a call we can use to remotely trigger these actions via our own menus/buttons we create? For reference i'm using HudMaker ultra by SRdude, so was wondering if i can call or replicate the network setup somehow via script instead of the alpha menu it generates?

Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Update 0.7 available.
Download Demo projects from links in first topic message or plugin webpage

What's new?

• Alpha ABS Z support

P.S. Alpha ABS Z is still private Beta, but this or next month i will publish it for download
  • HTTPS protocol support

Using HTTPS connection you can host your game on sites and let’s players play from browser and also from mobile devices (via browser).

For example you can host your game on itch.io, it’s have good mobile support (via browser) as well.

• Trading System (trade between players)

NETZ_tradeExample-683x525.png

• Player In-game menu

NETZ_openPlayerMenu.gif

Player menu supports custom options (for example executing common event), you can adding them via plugin parameters.

Damzen

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you

Pheonix KageDesu for your continued work on this and support. Looking forward to trying this. We all appreciate the hard work you put into developing this.

One outstanding question which i hope you can answer - Will we be able to action the multiplayer functionality outside the generated main menu 'Network' button now?​

jcruise

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is PVP with the default battle system planned to be implemented? That's one of my ultimate goal features in my game.

Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you

Pheonix KageDesu for your continued work on this and support. Looking forward to trying this. We all appreciate the hard work you put into developing this.​

One outstanding question which i hope you can answer - Will we be able to action the multiplayer functionality outside the generated main menu 'Network' button now?​

Yes. Use next script call:
  • nAPI.startNetworkGameScene() - starts network game scene (network menu)
    Use this script call if you have custom Title Scene or custom main menu

Is PVP with the default battle system planned to be implemented? That's one of my ultimate goal features in my game.

Planned, 90% will be implemented.

Bad_Muppet

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How is the project coming along, Pheonix KageDesu?

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
EDIT: redacted by poster

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Fun challenge: Guess the name of this enemy!
Watchman.png
Nearly done with the topmost deck of the SS Astrale Symphonie (she's got a name at last!). Still needs a lot of work but at least now it is vaguely recognizable as a ship deck. Working at a snail's pace but it's coming together. :kaopride:
Screenshot-2022-06-30-104933.png
Letting people know I'm debating leaving RM, and thus this forum. I'll continue to keep in touch with any friends I've made here, but between Unity being better suited to my needs and people on here getting increasingly horrible, I think switching my games to Unity might be better for my mental health.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choe0419