What battle system better suited for Network game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think yes, but maybe not in latest version.
I'm working on the ability to connect to an already running game. And when it's ready, your idea is quite feasible.

crydrk

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can you include information in the documentation about how to open multiple exe files at once on a single computer for testing? It seems only one will open at a time.

[edit] Found the youtube video in FAQ but it would be nice in the getting started section. Thanks.

Damzen

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thank you so much for the plugin and continued work on it. Can i ask - is there a way to run or process the menu actions via script/plugin commands?
I'm running a custom main menu, but realised your code is dynamicaly creating the 'Network' button the main menu upon start up of game.
Is there a call we can use to remotely trigger these actions via our own menus/buttons we create? For reference i'm using HudMaker ultra by SRdude, so was wondering if i can call or replicate the network setup somehow via script instead of the alpha menu it generates?

Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Update 0.7 available.
Download Demo projects from links in first topic message or plugin webpage

What's new?

• Alpha ABS Z support

P.S. Alpha ABS Z is still private Beta, but this or next month i will publish it for download
  • HTTPS protocol support

Using HTTPS connection you can host your game on sites and let’s players play from browser and also from mobile devices (via browser).

For example you can host your game on itch.io, it’s have good mobile support (via browser) as well.

• Trading System (trade between players)

NETZ_tradeExample-683x525.png

• Player In-game menu

NETZ_openPlayerMenu.gif

Player menu supports custom options (for example executing common event), you can adding them via plugin parameters.

Damzen

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you

Pheonix KageDesu for your continued work on this and support. Looking forward to trying this. We all appreciate the hard work you put into developing this.

One outstanding question which i hope you can answer - Will we be able to action the multiplayer functionality outside the generated main menu 'Network' button now?​

jcruise

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is PVP with the default battle system planned to be implemented? That's one of my ultimate goal features in my game.

Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you

Pheonix KageDesu for your continued work on this and support. Looking forward to trying this. We all appreciate the hard work you put into developing this.​

One outstanding question which i hope you can answer - Will we be able to action the multiplayer functionality outside the generated main menu 'Network' button now?​

Yes. Use next script call:
  • nAPI.startNetworkGameScene() - starts network game scene (network menu)
    Use this script call if you have custom Title Scene or custom main menu

Is PVP with the default battle system planned to be implemented? That's one of my ultimate goal features in my game.

Planned, 90% will be implemented.

Bad_Muppet

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How is the project coming along, Pheonix KageDesu?

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
EDIT: redacted by poster

Last edited:

ItsNex

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it just me or is the download down?

Mustardcap

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
When I try to test out the plugin, and join an empty server with just me, the game lags so hard its unplayable. Is there something I'm missing, or is this normal?

Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
the game lags so hard its unplayable. Is there something I'm missing, or is this normal?
Not normal of course. Plugin works fine even with ABS (with mobs and two players). I have video on my YouTube channel.

Are you testing Demo project or your own project with other plugins? MV or MZ?

Mustardcap

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Not normal of course. Plugin works fine even with ABS (with mobs and two players). I have video on my YouTube channel.

Are you testing Demo project or your own project with other plugins? MV or MZ?
Right, I went through plugin by plugin and found out it was VisuMZ_EventsMoveCore causing the issue. Turning it off fixed the problem.

But I'm confused. About battles, how does it work with random encounters? I watched your videos, and it talks about setting commands before battleprocess, but how would that work for random battles.

Like is player one gets into a battle after walking five steps, how can player two join them?

RageOfFire

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Việt Nam
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally ! A multiplayer plugin for rpgmaker exists !!
But I have 2 confuse question
1. how can I open 2 game at same time like tutorial video ?
2. Is encounter enemy battle is shared battle ?

damsteel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! How i can change other player variable in alpha net?
Like right click on other player and set variable to something

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One complaint I have is that PvP (using AABS Z) is slightly limited but it's still highly appreciated. I'm using them both so I can build an arena mode and had to comment out the game over check from the master scenes script for proper functionality, but perhaps this can be addressed in both plugins sometime in the next updates.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Got a new phone and glasses to replace the old busted ones I've been hanging onto for years.

Expect this to improve my productivity 10x.
How do people feel about killing important characters or playing with their sanity? There's a possibility that I thought up earlier that could be interesting to work with.
I need more sales of my game to pay my bills or December is gonna be really hard for me :/
Longtime lurker, happy to have joined, hoping to find some help when I need it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murilosephy