Alphabetical Organizer "Plugins"

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Joronjo, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Joronjo

Joronjo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English Spanish
    Joronjo's Ready-made Alphabetical Organizers for Plugins
    +
    Instructions to make new ones
     ​
    A set of dud plugins to helps users and plugin makers keep their work organized. These are in fact very simple to make, but can get a little tedious, so this archive serves as a time server, specially for those that like to keep their plugins in one folder to use in every game.

Screenshots:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

:​
     ​
    -THESE ARE ONLY TO MAKE YOUR PLUGINS EASIER TO ACCESS IN THE MENU! WHEN USING THE PLUGINS IN GAME, ITS SUGGESTED TO NOT ORGANIZE THEM ALPHABETICALLY BUT RATHER BY THE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE SCRIPTER OR THE HIERARCHY OF THE SCRIPTS (CORE FIRST, FOLLOWED BY CORE DEPENDENT SCRIPTS, ETC)-

In order to make new ones the process is very simple (for windows users, make sure to disable "hide common extensions" in the Folder and Search Properties)

• Create a new blank text document in your game's "plugins" folder 
    • Name it how you wish
    • Rewrite the extension (in Windows its the part that says .txt) into .js and save
    Alt instructions (text processor)

• Make a new Blank Document
    • Save document as a rich text document with the name [so_and_so].js 
    • Go to destination folder and manually remove .txt part. In Windows it will give you a warning. Disregard and hit OK
    Credits: As this is more of a time-saver tool that anybody can easily make rather than an actual plugin that required scripting work, I honestly don't even think I deserve any credit whatsoever. A simple thanks is more than enough but I won't mind if you forget about these. As this is completely back-end there is nothing to

NOTE: Any mac user that could help me with the path and instructions with how to make a blank text file is always appreciated.

Plugin_Dividers.zip

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2015
    JiM83 likes this.
  2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I will approve this, but I will add the warning that I don't think it's wise to organize your plugins alphabetically.

As you may have seen in Yanfly's plugin review videos, plugins, just like Ace scripts, sometimes have dependencies, which means the order of plugins is important and one may NEED to go either above or below another just to make them run.  So alphabetizing them is not a good idea.

I'll use the divider one myself, but probably not the others, so I still appreciate you sharing them :)

Uzuki likes this.
  3. Joronjo

Joronjo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English Spanish
    This is more in the dropdown menu rather than the actual plugin database. This screen for lack of a better way to explain it

[​IMG]

Though you did bring something up i completely forgot to mention. I'll add that note and screenshot to the main post. Thanks for reminding me that!

4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah, gotcha.  I didn't even realise that dropdown showed them alphabetically!  

5. Joronjo

Joronjo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English Spanish
    Not only that, but if you have the dropdown menu "selected" (like after picking a plugin from the dropdown menu but before moving to another part of the screen or hitting ok) and you press a letter, it'll jump straight to that letter.

6. Gauze

Gauze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Português
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    BD

Alright! This is the perfect plugin for a  Dude or Broad with ADHD/ADD, thanks.

7. Moo :D

Moo :D Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    thank you very much for this!!