Already Downloaded Resources

Discussion in 'Time Fantasy/OSM' started by AmazingKazuki, Aug 28, 2017.

1. AmazingKazuki

AmazingKazuki Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm sorry if this is not the exact place for this, but I'm unsure.

I downloaded the Time Fantasy resources for VX Ace a while ago. At the time, I believe it was on Steam. Recently, I've purchased more of the Time Fantasy and noticed how it comes with both VX Ace and MV resources. My question basically is: because I downloaded the original TF such a while ago, is there a way to go back and find the files for the MV version? They aren't on this computer I'm using as it is relatively new and I used a USB to transfer most of my files from the old.

This is all in hopes of finally being able to use MV with the tilesets I've come to adore.

2. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I've moved this thread to Product Discussion and Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

It depends on where you purchased them. Steam requires that you have the program that the DLC is for - so, for Ace DLC you have to have Ace on Steam, for MV DLC you have to have MV on Steam. Because of this, packs purchased on Steam are only optimized for one or the other.

Products purchased here will sometimes have sets for both engines, if they offer them. I'm not sure if there is some way if, you purchased on Steam, that if there was later an update for the original Time Fantasy with MV, if you can access those graphics as well.

Perhaps @Lunarea can shed more light on that.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  3. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

mlogan is correct.

If you've purchased a DLC product for RPG Maker VX-Ace on Steam, it will not contain an update for RPG Maker MV. Due to Steam's regulations, we can't offer an update for a DLC that applies to another engine. You can still access your original Steam purchase by downloading and installing the Steam library and RPG Maker VX-Ace.

If you've purchased a DLC product via our store, you can grab any free updates (such as MV-optimized format) by logging into your store account and clicking on the order.

4. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The good news is that it's pretty easy to edit the Ace tiles to work in MV. Just resize them to 150% and make sure that the program you use doesn't use any interpolation.

5. AmazingKazuki

AmazingKazuki Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for the replies, everyone. I figured this would be the case, and it is unfortunately but not something that ruins anything either. I did hear about resizing them, and I just got a better editing program so maybe it will be a bit quicker for me to navigate and do the resizing.