Not open for further replies.

peregrine_ice

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am making a cutscene in which multiple solid ("non-through") NPCs leave a room via the same pair of exit tiles. All NPC event movements are controlled by a single autorun master event, and to allow player movement during the NPCs' exit movements, I leave all the Set Movement Route commands without a Wait Until Completion requirement so that the master autorun event can finish. To make it appear that an NPC is leaving, I walk its event onto an exit tile using the master event, then set its image to "None." However, when another NPC tries to enter that same exit tile to do the same thing, it can't, because the first NPC's event is still there. This causes the whole rest of the group of NPCs to pile up and never reach the exit tile.

Checking the "Through" box in these NPC events solved the piling up problem, but I only need the "Through" condition active at the very beginning of their movement (they start on impassable chair tiles) and at the very end, after they reach the exit tile, since I don't want them passing through each other or the player while walking. Also, I don't want any Wait Until Completion requirements, lest the NPC events lose their impassability before exiting, so I can't include any "Through ON" commands in the master autorun script.

In a nutshell, I don't know of any way to activate the "Through" condition for these NPC events only at their routes' start and finish, or if that is even the best way to get them to be solid and then exit. Any advice?

(Image below: the NPCs, seated on their impassable chair tiles at the start of their movement routes. At top left of image: the two exit tiles [the events positioned there are for a player transfer, not the NPCs]).

Map.png

Last edited:

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Don't know if I understand it right...
Change the image to None will not solve your problem.

You can turn a self switch On, and change the priority on the other page.
Or you can change the opacity to 0 and change the y and x position of the events to another place that is not the exit spot.

Hope it helps!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you are controlling the movement of each event, then it's up to you to make sure they're not passing through each other. THROUGH ON at the start or the end of the move route (before they step onto the exit tile) is what you need to do. You should also set Wait on the event that's going to be the last to reach it, otherwise your player might be able to start moving before the NPCs all disappear.

peregrine_ice

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Eliaquim, thanks for the suggestions; I don't know how to have an event's self switch activate with reaching the exit tile as a trigger, but I think that your second idea about moving the NPC event to another location would solve the piling up problem. Maybe I'll move the NPCs inside a wall or something.

Shaz, thanks for the feedback. Is there any way for me to do what I am describing while allowing the player to move around (but not through the NPCs) before the NPCs all disappear? If not, I'll orchestrate accordingly :).

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh - you WANT the player to be able to move around while they're leaving? In that case, yes, just put THROUGH ON at the end of the move route, just before they step onto the exit tiles.

peregrine_ice

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Shaz, I did what you said, and it's working! Somehow I didn't realize that there is a "Through ON" command in the Movement Route menu itself; I was thinking that "Through ON" was only available as a universal setting.

A thousand thanks to you and all the other helpful posters here; I just started with this, but it's obvious that this is an amazing community.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The final version of our game is already available both in English and Spanish! ^___^
Can't believe this day has finally come... T_T
Im so happy that Dead By Daylight is getting a Silent Hill chapter! Cant wait to play as pyramid head
I'm glad I found those fishies by @whtdragon so I had a proper base to start pixeling the first enemies in the game.
Such cuties... yeah.
Yesterday, for my youngest sibling's birthday, we watched one of his favorite movies.
Ponyo is such a beautiful, but certainly strange, movie.
I just have to say that I prefer the majority of Studio Ghibli's works to those of Disney.
*sees work place in incoming call history* .... =www= hisssssSSSSSssss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IronWario