Jathan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I recently had a plug-in made for me on MV that I want converted for MZ. The problem is that the guy who made it doesn't have MZ and doesn't intend to buy it for years to come. So I got his permission to post this request as long as I credit him with it's creation and show the page it's on.

This brilliant plug-in was created by Solar_Flare and thought of by myself.

The download page can be found here so you have a precise idea of what that code is supposed to do:

When you go there, the plug-in you should find is called SFG_Alt Death States.

What this plug-in does is allow specified states to consider an afflicted character as dead. Not the Death state itself but rather dead in the sense that items that would normally only target a K.O.'d character would be able to affect them. It also allows for a specified state to occur when MP hits 0. It also has a built in function to allow characters and enemies with naturally 0 MP to not be affected by that state. The final function and probably the most important function of this plug-in is to label as many states as one wants as death states, allowing for game overs when the entire party is afflicted by one or more of these. This would allow for old school rpg results such as a game over when the entire party is petrified for example.

So in short I need someone to convert this plug-in to be capable of doing the same things in MZ.

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I didn't look at the plugin itself, but going by what it does, it should work in MZ.
Did you try it?
If so, what errors did you get?

Jathan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I didn't look at the plugin itself, but going by what it does, it should work in MZ.
Did you try it?
If so, what errors did you get?

I did try it actually. The plug-in utilizes something called parse.recurve which according to MZ doesn't exist and as soon as a battle starts the game will crash because of it.

Edit: Actually it's possible that the plug-in relied on the SFG_Utils plugin. I won't know for a few days though since my MZ trial ran out.

Last edited:

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
I did try it actually. The plug-in utilizes something called parse.recurve which according to MZ doesn't exist and as soon as a battle starts the game will crash because of it.

Edit: Actually it's possible that the plug-in relied on the SFG_Utils plugin. I won't know for a few days though since my MZ trial ran out.
i try searching parse.recurve and found no result in any default engine js file... so the possibility it's a function defined in some 'Core' plugin from that plugin maker is really high..

Jathan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll be able to test it in the coming days and confirm wether or not SFG_Utils was necessary for it. I'm pretty sure it was but even if that is the case I'll also need to ensure that the file is even compatible with the plug-ins as well. I'll be sure to update everyone when I do that.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

RivalRamen_Games wrote on jacobv1014's profile.
I really like your profile picture! Who is that in it? is she an OC?
Making his first game
This scene was suppose to be a test... but now, it's going in the game as official side/optional content. :kaosalute:

functionality(This is function demo not game demo)
1 The door of ABS map can open upon clearing all the monsters
2 Secret room/road arrow/lighting/whatever others can be shown upon clearing too
3 Boss HP bar and loot effect, loot jump and item name color as well as the pick-up animation effect
4 Back to town and "victory aftermath" screen for ABS maps/rooms
Playing one of the two RM2k3 games I was best known for back in the day, one I made in the Spring semester of my Freshmen year in college like 15 years ago, feeling all kinds of ways about it. I have not played this game in WELL over 10 years. I feel a million years old RN.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myj3775