Vpix

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Iv been happily making a game and im a fair ways into it now but i would like to have a part were the text would be distorted or shifting as the player reads, how ever im at a loss as how i cloud implament this since it would be animated text. The idea is to have a vocies in the charactors head feel but for the player to not nesasaraly be able to read it.

As it stands i dont have a font in mind or any on my system that i could use, but im looking for soming similar to basicly whats in the end text for minecraft just without the colours or something like zalgo text, i have a "lose" understanding of scripting and im fairly confident with advance use of rpgm vxa so any help with this would be fantastic.

link's to above examples:

time stamp is 1.35 for when the text 1st shows

zalgo-text.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am sorry but I don't really know what you mean with "distorted". Could you be more explicit? Do you want to shift your text characters or do you want them to dissolve somehow, or something totally different? Based on what you need you can achieve it in different ways. But I have to say that unless your text is very short that coulr be troublesome without scripting.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're assuming people know what "the end text for minecraft" is.

Whatever you're trying to do, you'll need to do it via script, unless you can turn it into a movie and use that in some way.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this is posted in the Ace Support forum.  That plugin is for MV.

Vpix

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You're assuming people know what "the end text for minecraft" is.

Whatever you're trying to do, you'll need to do it via script, unless you can turn it into a movie and use that in some way.

yes i am asuming but in the trust that people would know that it can be looked up on you tube also i find it intresting that you dig at t he asumption with knowing minecraft end text but not on the asumption on what zalgo text is since the former is the more reasonable asumption.

Maybe this plugin will do: https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rmv-animated-text/

If you want it animated in the dialogue box, I'm not really sure what to do with that...

i was origonaly thinking of in the text box but i really like this and will probably get it for my rpgm mv and also see if i can find somthing like it for vx ace thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
 but in the trust that people would know that it can be looked up on you tube

yes, we know that everything can be looked up - but why should we do that?

No one gets paid for working in the forum, not even the Degica employees (they're paid for other work) - and all moderators are volunteers helping in their free time instead of working on their own projects. So if you want us to use our free time to help you, you should provide all links and descriptions neccessary for that instead of expecting us to waste our time searching for infos that you already have and could have given us with a few sentences.

Vpix

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
yes, we know that everything can be looked up - but why should we do that?

No one gets paid for working in the forum, not even the Degica employees (they're paid for other work) - and all moderators are volunteers helping in their free time instead of working on their own projects. So if you want us to use our free time to help you, you should provide all links and descriptions neccessary for that instead of expecting us to waste our time searching for infos that you already have and could have given us with a few sentences.

ok 1st off i admit it was an over site that people may not do that however in my defence im just runing on past expireance of other forums untill i get a feel for how this forum and communtiy likes to do things as im still new here. My 2nd point is that not just your reply but the reply that this is from both seam a little passive agressive and iv noted the you are a mod and the other was a mod, thats left me wondering if these kinda replys with the hint a passive agressive are what i can expect in the future or if im just miss reading the vibe here.

On a side note i am willing to accepet i could be miss understanding as i know i suffer with miss reading what poeple mean.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think you have misread what both Shaz and Andar were meaning.  There was nothing passive aggressive about it, but a simple request that if you want your query answered with the minimum of hassle and work on both sides, the best way to do it is to provide as much information in your opening post as you can.  Without full information people who want to help may be put off because they don't have time to go hunting for it, or may spend time giving advice which doesn't quite meet your needs.  While it may be understandable to think that people will know what you mean by example X, there will be many people who might know the answer but don't realize that they do because they do not recognize your references.  We therefore always ask people to be as precise as they can, and it can easily be other members who do this reminder, not just mods.

Vpix

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Taking all this in mind im adding a new part to the opening that will out line basics of the how it plays into the game and a links to afore mentioned exampales so that others know what im looking for

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Now I think I get what you mean. Anyway that's definitly possible with some scripting. Now I have few questions for you:

1. Do you want to change the whole message or just few parts (like in the video)?
  2. Do you want the modified text to be random text or just an anagram of your original text?
  3. In case you want random text, do you want it to pick the new text from sentences you write or do you want it to be really random?

And of course, when fo you want to use it? Do you want it to be full-screen or do you want it to be in a message window? Do you want something totally different?

These are the questions I have in mind. At least those I think could be helpful to achieve what you want.

Vpix

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Now I think I get what you mean. Anyway that's definitly possible with some scripting. Now I have few questions for you:

1. Do you want to change the whole message or just few parts (like in the video)?
  2. Do you want the modified text to be random text or just an anagram of your original text?
  3. In case you want random text, do you want it to pick the new text from sentences you write or do you want it to be really random?

And of course, when fo you want to use it? Do you want it to be full-screen or do you want it to be in a message window? Do you want something totally different?

These are the questions I have in mind. At least those I think could be helpful to achieve what you want.

1. only few parts like the video

2. an anagram would best fit

3. full screen or message window either or since i have 2 branching idea's dependent on what could be done. i do like the full screen one more tho

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are a lot of people in this community that put in hundreds of hours for free to create pictures, soundfile or scripts/plugins and make them available for all.

And our rules are designed to respect their worktime instead of adding more to it, simply because that is a lot of work provided for free, but it should not be taken for granted.

That is why our rules state to give all descriptions and info you have on the request or problem you want help for, and wait until others have the free time to handle any request (no bumping unless 72 hours have passed). Or why all resource requests should be a few pictures at a time and not whole tilesets at once.

And while you might be right in calling that a bit of passive agressive, we have seen too many users calling "hey, make something for me for free that requires you to spent five hours of work to get it finished, but I'm to lazy to put in five minutes of of my time giving you links as references that will spare you an additional hour of work".

So which way would you prefer? Pampering new users who don't think of the consequences and courtesy of their demands until all the artists are disgusted and leave, or demanding that the users give their best before the artists spend ten times the time on creating or helping where it is needed?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's possible that some people on the forum may know these games.  Personally, I can pretty much guarantee that whatever game it is, I don't know it.  So if you ask for something "like game XYZ", without providing a description of how that mechanic works, I'm just going to move on to the next topic.  I'm not going to go searching for videos which may or may not have that actual mechanic, because I just don't have the time to poke around the internet looking, when it would take you a fraction of the time to provide a link.  And if you post a video, it should either be a REALLY short one (1-2 minutes max), or you need to say "the bit I'm interested in runs from 26:15 to 28:32", because not many people have time to sit and watch a 30 minute video wondering when the relevant bit is going to be shown.  Providing as much detail as possible (not making assumptions that we know), while requiring as little time as possible from the person you want to help you, is just a courtesy that we really appreciate, given the limited time we have available.  Even though we might not know the game, if you describe things well enough, we could still help you.  

It might be worth taking a moment to look through the support threads and see just how much time Andar and I spend helping people, in our own free time, while trying to work on our own projects and other 'real life' stuff.  That might help you understand why we say the more information you can give, the easier it will be to help you. Of course there are many who help others, but you singled us out as being passive aggressive.

I'm really not sure how you could possibly have interpreted the 3 sentences I wrote in that way.  I stated that you didn't provide enough information, indicated that you'd probably need a script, but offered a potential workaround that may or may not be useful because there wasn't enough information, and saved you some time by pointing out a suggested script was for a different version of the engine and wouldn't work for you.  Nothing passive aggressive in any of that.

Anyway, looks like you've got someone who is going to write a script for you.  Please don't be so quick to judge next time.  If we ask you for more information, it's for a reason (the person who's helping you only understood your requirements after you modified your post to provide the extra information).

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My entire family and I have Covid... If it's this bad with the vaccine, without must be terrible. Stay safe, everyone. This thing is a doozy.
Ugh. Head heavy with sick juice. I wish I could work on my stuff. o_O
I'm coming back to my work with Learn RPG Maker MV. Soon I'll be posting previews screenshots for my "paterons"! :guffaw:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
finella