Telemindred

Telemindred the Archmage
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Alright, so in the game I'm working on, the character is supposed to, upon death via battle, damaging tile, etc., they turn into a spirit instead of getting the game over screen. Additionally, if they die as a spirit, then they get the game over screen. Does anyone know a method to do this without a script? Or if there's a script out there already that can do this?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

You'd need to edit the die command in the scripts to do it (and yes that is literally the command), but that affects everyone, not just the player. You'll need to get cute to make it work for just the player.

I think it would be easier to add a if lose condition to battles and use on screen battles only, and under if lose run the common event. That way you can be sure you are only checking players and not enemies.

Telemindred

Telemindred the Archmage
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have no idea how I missed that script x-x
Thank you very much, it's working perfectly!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Bluh... glad this present heatwave is coming to a close...
Look what I found, it was my first ABS.

This project was never completed because I had lost the computer where it was stored.
Character Creator for RPGM 2000, VX, XP, & LPC Style Sprites | RPG Maker News #72

Is there any way to get more than 8 enemies in a troop in RMMV or is that limit pretty much hardcoded into the engine?
Stream will be live shortly with some game development! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cornmaniac