Altering state turn count in a common event.

KeenWolf

Amateur Game Creator
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have an difficult situation regarding the turn count of states in my game.

I have several of yanflys plugins including Buffs and States core, but I needed state stacking so I got MrTS_States EX. The problem is when I added MrTS_States EX it allowed me to stack state, but now I cannot reset the turn count of states when they are reapplied.

I really want to keep the state stacking in my game, but the inability to refresh DOT effects before expiration feels cheap and unfair to the player. I was wondering if anyone knew how to reset turn count without using yanfly's plugin commands (EX. <Reapply Reset Turns> does not work.) or if there is a way to use the loophole I thought using <State x Turns: +y> but at the end of the turn check how many turns are on the state and if the turn count exceeds a maximum it will <State x Turns: -y> to equal the proper amount.

I am at a loss as to how to fix this bug and have been working on trying to fix it for 3 days.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Easy solution. Instead of making the states stack, simply make a skill give different states based on which you already have.
You have a state Buff 1: You take away buff 1, give buff 2.
You have buff 2: YOu take away buff 2, give buff 3.
And so on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My sister is a saint. Specifically Saint Peter. Because shes my best friend until other ppl are around then shes all "nope, dont know him, dont like him."
Making it a rule that I don't do any world building for my new game before the actual gameplay is concrete and working. I have 16 years of lore to work with anyway.
Cheesy power metal makes everything better. No matter what you do, you'll feel heroic doing it.
Starting to really like the first of my madness areas. I think the eyes looking at them really helps to sell the place. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpgteck