Kotaro

Übernerd
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By default, actors gain TP when they use skills or take damage. I can easily set how much TP is gained from using a skill, but I don't see any easy way to manually set how much TP is gained when taking damage. I want to use TP for basically Limit Breaks, and as it is, the gauge fills far too quickly, and I want to reduce it to something like 1 or 2 points per attack given or received. How can I do that?

kennysaurs

Amazing Person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
So I dug through the code and found out that the original formula for one way of gaining TP is:

50% * HP% of damage taken = TP Gain

So an example would be that if someone receives 30% HP Damage, then they gain 15 TP. 50% damage gives 25 TP, etc.

You can edit the formula in the rpg_objects.js code. 

So I guess until someone makes a plugin to edit this easily, we'll have to edit these formulas manually.

The other formula for gaining TP when using a skill should be near there somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kotaro

Übernerd
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks. Just edited it manually to change the percentage from 50 to 10, since that would be better balance in what I'm making.

cygnus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks. Just edited it manually to change the percentage from 50 to 10, since that would be better balance in what I'm making.
Alternatively, you could just delete the code out of the game, and then just individually assign a TP value for each skill that players and enemies use, no?

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alternatively, you could just delete the code out of the game, and then just individually assign a TP value for each skill that players and enemies use, no?
The only issue with that is that you can't set it for just normal attacks :p

MagicMagor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
The only issue with that is that you can't set it for just normal attacks
The normal attack is just using Skill #1 - so in fact you can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

40 card deck size, the plugin seems more sluggish.
Village theme I composed for a commission!
Stream will be live shortly with some Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
welp, the stock market went down by 7% because of corona today. Time to buy stocks?
Man, being able to edit my game WHILE testplaying it is like the most convenient thing EVER. Thank you, MV...it even makes up for the OGG thing. Well, almost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detulovnoc