Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Alternate Choice Window Ver 1.1.0 | 2016.02.17

Creator name: lctseng​

Introduction
Beautifies choice windows and move them to top left screen.

Features
- Text alignment: 0 = left,1 = center,2 = right
- Choice window position: X, Y coordinate | Size setting: width, height (space between)

Note 1: Background color can be changed on line 205 and format follow by RGB color code.
Note 2: Line 211, opacity can be adjusted. 0-255, 0 = completely transparent, 255 = opaque

Preview
alt.png

Installation

Paste this script above Main.

Credit and Thanks-
魂 (Lctseng)

License
- Apache License 2.0: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

You can use for:
Commercial Use, Modify, Distribute, Private Use

You must include:
Copyright, License, State Changes, and Notice

Please give credit to "lctseng"

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Nice. Though instead of just linking to a license can you also clarify it for those of us not versed in legalize? Thanks.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Apache license? Really? OK. the creative commons was not good enough?

In short form

Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, each Contributor hereby grants to You a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare Derivative Works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute the Work and such Derivative Works in Source or Object form
  1. You must give any other recipients of the Work or Derivative Works a copy of this License; and
  2. You must cause any modified files to carry prominent notices stating that You changed the files; and
  3. You must retain, in the Source form of any Derivative Works that You distribute, all copyright, patent, trademark, and attribution notices from the Source form of the Work, excluding those notices that do not pertain to any part of the Derivative Works
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
are also good choices

ovate

tale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@bgillisp Terms below the license are clarified as well with other script that I shared. You're welcome.

Tw0Face

Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@tale: Kinda like this one. Is it possible to use the normal Window for these choices instead of a black background?

ovate

tale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Tw0Face: Unfortunately, this script overwrites choice appearance by replacing default look.

I know a script that reposition choice window however it doesn't separate them.

Choice Extension by woodpenguin
http://woodpenguin.web.fc2.com/rgss3/choice_ex.html

You can find the script link under "スクリプト" ver. 3.5

In the script, for line 196- replace 選択肢位置 with pos
Optional, for line 200- replace メッセージ下 with text if you want to show choices inside the messagebox.

To change to the position of the choice window, insert Comment-
pos(x,y)
x and y are the coordinate that can be replaced with numbers

To show choices inside the messagebox, insert Comment-
pos(text)

Note: you can stack more than 4 choices

Preview:
TfLr8iu.png
XixM8hh.png

If you want to separate choices, maybe try Galv's Visual Novel Choices.
https://galvs-scripts.com/2012/11/26/visual-novel-choices/

Requires tweaking with the script setting for positioning and use of image file.

Tw0Face

Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@tale: Thanks. But I kinda like this script and its appearance. I just want each choice to fit more with Vx Ace's Windowskin. With borders and stuff. Like this:

new.png

ovate

tale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Tw0Face There's no border customization due to using select cursor as an only indicator.

It's possible to edit image into a windowskin with borders for galv's visual novel choice script.

Hopefully, an active scripter could fulfill your request if they want to adapt lctseng's script.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Happy Friday, y'all! I just got home from work and am sitting down with a nice cider, and I'm ready to chill and enjoy myself. Not sure if I'm gonna dive into any of my game-related projects or not tonight.... we'll see how I feel after unwinding for a bit I guess!
Just found out that mint tea made from chocolate mint tastes a bit like hot cocoa with candy cane stirred in. As I'm allergic to chocolate this makes me very happy.
It's special day for me tomorrow so time to vanish for 24 hours lol.
So Deltarune Chapter 2 is supposed to release today... if it's out already, has anyone played it? And I can't because I have a stinking Mac and not a Windows PC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puppetmasta4life