Alternate SE for Equip Items, Armors, Weapons, etc.

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Guardinthena, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Guardinthena

Guardinthena Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I was hoping that somebody could either help me out with this one or point me in the right direction. I am looking for a plugin (I presume) that will enable different sound effects to be played when the player selects different equipment types in game. For instance, in the Equip or Item scene, when the player selects a potion it would make a liquid/potion noise vs. selecting a book or scroll item. Or in regards to weapons, a separate SE for a bow like a twang noise vs. a slashing noise for a sword. And for armor it would be the same premise. Leather armor is going to sound different vs metal armor.

A quick google search only turned up a AX Ace script that was done by Galv that looked to do this very thing. Link as follows: https://galvs-scripts.com/galvs-item-equip-sound-effects/

But as far as I can tell nothing like this has been done for MV and that is what I would like. If one was already made, could someone point me in the right direction. If not, would it be possible to have this plugin whipped up not just for me, but the community?

2. tale

tale Volunteer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Guardinthena and Darkanine like this.
  3. Guardinthena

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Oh wow! Thank you so much for such a speedy reply! This is exactly what I need @tale! And it works flawlessly might I add! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

EDIT:
    So tested the plugin out more thoroughly and it does not do SE for item selection in the Items scene. Do you know of a plugin that does this too, @tale?

If not, then I suppose this topic is a plugin request for that. I forgot to mention in the first post that I am running Yanfly's Item Core, Discard, Rename.

http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Item_Core_(YEP)

I am unsure if those plugins would affect my request or not, but since it they affect the item scene direcrly I thought I should mention.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  4. tale

tale Volunteer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Try this plugin from triacontane- https://www.dropbox.com/s/fugjlnqjk358kyj/ItemCallScript.js?dl=1

If you want play your own sound effect for item without default sound (Item3)-
    In database > System > Sounds for "Use Item" set to (None)

To play your own sound effect for items individually

Put this tag in the item Note box. Change ' ' inside to the name of sound effect
    Code:
    <call:AudioManager.playSe({name: 'Item2', pan: 0, pitch: 100, volume: 100});>
    Reference: RPG Maker MV Script Call List

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    Guardinthena likes this.
  5. Guardinthena

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thank you once again, @tale! Everything works! And thank you so very much for the script call and the reference to the Script Call List! I'll favorite that for future visits.

This forum can be closed now, as what I was looking for has been fulfilled.