Alternate SE for Equip Items, Armors, Weapons, etc.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I was hoping that somebody could either help me out with this one or point me in the right direction. I am looking for a plugin (I presume) that will enable different sound effects to be played when the player selects different equipment types in game. For instance, in the Equip or Item scene, when the player selects a potion it would make a liquid/potion noise vs. selecting a book or scroll item. Or in regards to weapons, a separate SE for a bow like a twang noise vs. a slashing noise for a sword. And for armor it would be the same premise. Leather armor is going to sound different vs metal armor.

A quick google search only turned up a AX Ace script that was done by Galv that looked to do this very thing. Link as follows: https://galvs-scripts.com/galvs-item-equip-sound-effects/

But as far as I can tell nothing like this has been done for MV and that is what I would like. If one was already made, could someone point me in the right direction. If not, would it be possible to have this plugin whipped up not just for me, but the community?

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh wow! Thank you so much for such a speedy reply! This is exactly what I need @tale! And it works flawlessly might I add! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

EDIT:
So tested the plugin out more thoroughly and it does not do SE for item selection in the Items scene. Do you know of a plugin that does this too, @tale?

If not, then I suppose this topic is a plugin request for that. I forgot to mention in the first post that I am running Yanfly's Item Core, Discard, Rename.

http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Item_Core_(YEP)

I am unsure if those plugins would affect my request or not, but since it they affect the item scene direcrly I thought I should mention.

Last edited:

tale

Volunteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Try this plugin from triacontane- https://www.dropbox.com/s/fugjlnqjk358kyj/ItemCallScript.js?dl=1

If you want play your own sound effect for item without default sound (Item3)-
In database > System > Sounds for "Use Item" set to (None)

To play your own sound effect for items individually

Put this tag in the item Note box. Change ' ' inside to the name of sound effect
Code:
<call:AudioManager.playSe({name: 'Item2', pan: 0, pitch: 100, volume: 100});>
Reference: RPG Maker MV Script Call List

Last edited:

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you once again, @tale! Everything works! And thank you so very much for the script call and the reference to the Script Call List! I'll favorite that for future visits.

This forum can be closed now, as what I was looking for has been fulfilled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I been rather busy lately with non RM projects so, it will take some time for me to release something.
Hmmmm, nice site UI change.
Swapped back to my original meds, but the flippity floppity has me reeling. T ^T I have game making and song collabs to do, hurry up, health. lol
It took me 6 retries to get the color of Yoshi I wanted. 30 mins of recording. 30 mins of voice work. Probably another 20 mins of waiting in between takes. But finally I got him...
I bought a 2 week emergency food supply. And people are already making fun of me :( I'll be fed for a bit while they go hungry when food supplies get cut(for whatever reason).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carugatti