Acolyte

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm having a really difficult time trying to describe this. Basically, I'd like to have a script that changes the default sprite movement patterns from down, left, right, up, and instead uses downleft, downright, upleft,upright. A good example of this would be paper mario:

high_quality_paper_mario_sprites_by_fawfulthegreat64-d860r1v.png

I suppose technically you could call this an isometric sheet, but I'm not really concerned with changing the actual *movement*. I just want the sprites to display this way.

If possible, I'd appreciate it if could be made compatible with a visual equipment script. I'm currently working with Rexal's visual equipment, but if for whatever reason you find another script more comfortable to work with, I don't mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

oktchau

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
If you don't want to change the movement, just replacing the graphics on the character spritesheet shouldn't solve it?

Acolyte

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, I want the sprites to be able to go left or right while simultaneously facing forward or backward. If I used the characters with the movement settings as they are right now, I would have to choose an arbitrary secondary direction for the character to face (i.e: always having the upward movement face left, always having the downward movement face right etc.) I mean, it would sorta work I guess, but it's not really ideal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I couldn't help myself, so I edited the tiles a bit and made a birdhouse :LZSsmile: I hope I will finish the town today!Screenshot 2021-09-17 134349.png
How do I find the threads I have watched? It's been so long I've forgotten :kaoswt:
So far, this is how the wall tileset its looking in-editor. :kaoswt2:
1631863283853.png
Still thinking on details to add.
Added a plugin to RMMV Plugin Releases with all relevant info but it looks like the topic wasn't approved for whatever reason. Cool.
Working in the IT industry:
- "How long does it take?".
- "It takes 1 month".
- "What if we add more people to the project?".
- "It would take 2 months".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9animeplus