DerVVulfman

Resident Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
For one to be able to switch between systems, the systems themselves must be able to accommodate. This being one of two ways. Can one system work while keeping default scripts functioning, or can one system be turned off in-game without hampering the gameplay.

For example, I wrote an ABS battlesystem (think... 'Classic NES Zelda on steroids'). I wrote it in a manner so the battle damage systems wouldn't have any affect on the classic battlesystem. So I can fight with an ABS or with a classic battlesystem in one game.

So while it is possible for some games to switch between systems, it requires that those system be written to permit. This for any gaming engine, XP, VX, Ace, RPGMaker Moogle ( :p ) whatever.

Any VXAce users familiar with Khas?

Last edited:

Volkner

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
For one to be able to switch between systems, the systems themselves must be able to accommodate. This being one of two ways. Can one system work while keeping default scripts functioning, or can one system be turned off in-game without hampering the gameplay.

For example, I wrote an ABS battlesystem (think... 'Classic NES Zelda on steroids'). I wrote it in a manner so the battle damage systems wouldn't have any affect on the classic battlesystem. So I can fight with an ABS or with a classic battlesystem in one game.

So while it is possible for some games to switch between systems, it requires that those system be written to permit. This for any gaming engine, XP, VX, Ace, RPGMaker Moogle ( :p ) whatever.

Any VXAce users familiar with Khas?
Thank you for the knowledge. I will watch this thread and wait for an answer. I am willing to spend time on experimenting alternation between systems because it allows a game to be SO MUCH more fun.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just love the MV feature that allows you to create your own animations!
I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!
 After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!
Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kelard