Clackwork

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

I noticed a file under the DLC folder known as "Modern Generator". I thought it seemed pretty cool and I want to use it for my project, but don't know how.

How do you choose to use alternative generators like that / how do you replace parts in the generator?

(Repost since I accidentally sent it previously at 2am)

lesbrarians

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can use both at the same time, I believe! Inside the DLC "Modern Generator" folder, copy the "Generator" folder. Go to the main RPG Maker folder under Program Files --> Steam --> Steamapps -> Common --> Rpg Maker MV.

Paste your copied generator folder, and it will merge with the default Generator folder. If you wish to remove the default generator parts, you can remove them from the Generator folder.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not exactly as said above

the generator needs all parts to have consecutive and fitting numbers, so you need to rename parts to fit your generator whenever adding more parts there.

therte are several tutorials on this in the tutorial section.

Clackwork

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can use both at the same time, I believe! Inside the DLC "Modern Generator" folder, copy the "Generator" folder. Go to the main RPG Maker folder under Program Files --> Steam --> Steamapps -> Common --> Rpg Maker MV.

Paste your copied generator folder, and it will merge with the default Generator folder. If you wish to remove the default generator parts, you can remove them from the Generator folder.
Thank you very much, that worked like a charm?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

While was working on one of the monsters that will appear in my horor game I may have made harold a Lovecraftian monster. (I used his head to keep things aligned.)
Finally got my website fixed and the security sorted so it's been a productive day. Can I go to sleep now? I mean... I don't need to work right?
It's always a good idea to refresh yourself on what your plugins do. I'm working on a map with opening walls, and I was about to tear my hair out over how much image editing and hand-constructing of autotiles I'd have to do, when I looked again and saw @Shaz 's Tile Changer could copy areas from another map.
"sorry it took me so long to respond" - can we please agree not to say that anymore unless it actually took a long time?! (Like 36hrs at least) I mean, I'm running out of funny responses here xD
Ugh... 4:53AM over here and I can't sleep so why not just game make.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshikosai