Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys,
I am using RPG Maker MV. I wanted to learn parallax mapping, so I watched a long tutorial, that had suggested using the bind images plugin - however, I learned that not only does that plugin apparently suck up a ton of memory, but also – it seems to no longer exist. Or at least, I wasn't able to easily find it with a Google and the link that the tutorial gave, was dead.
I did however find Orange Overlay, which was supposed to be an alternative, though it was noted on the page I was downloading it at, that the creator was no longer going to be updating the plugin.
Now, I installed Orange Overlay, with plans to use it later, when I started up my game and noticing that an important character was missing. I checked his event, and saw no reason he should be invisible when the game starts.
Finally, I began trouble shooting by turning off newly downloaded plugins - and when I switched off the Orange Overlay plugin, the character returned - when I switched it back on, the character was gone.
Not sure what caused this bug, if it is a unique one, etc., but obviously, I can't use this plugin. But I would really love to start making parallax maps. Is there a great alternative to Orange Overlay?

J.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[move]JS Plugin Requests[/move]

audo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...nimated-parallax-add-on-updated-7jul17.80917/
Orange Overlay was updated to 1.1.4 and expanded upon with the authors consent by Tsukitsune.
The levels and names of the parallax layers added by orangeoverlay are not that intuitive. Ground is the layer below the player.
If I remember correctly parallax added by orange overlay is above the player. Good for rain and clouds. This is probably because you still have the default parallax in the game available.

JayIsrael

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow - this was my first post and I hadn't realized that someone had taken the time to respond. Thank you Audo.
I downloaded the plugin at the link, but unfortunately - had the same problem. My characters go missing.
I had replaced it with Galv's Layer Graphics plugin, but that plugin seems far more complicated to use, and it randomly won't load the overlay half of the time, though thankfully it at least doesn't make any of my characters vanish from existence.
That update on Orange Overlay with the animations looks really cool too. Would love to be able to use it.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@JayIsrael If you didn't get a notification that someone had replied to your thread, that could mean that you didn't click the 'Watch this thread' option when you created it. However, you can still do that from the button at the top of the page. That way you will always know that someone has replied.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

When a youtuber plays your project or game made by you using MAKERs, you will just be awe struck
Ok... so working on the official game guide for my game and its more than 150 pages...... wow. Well, I hope it will help a few players out.
RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue, Episode 12: Amneron's Legacy starts now! Watch on Youtube and join the chat as we explore the world of Ellis!
Lost track of a huge brazilian wandering spider inside my house. In other news, I'm moving again.

Currently working on the second protagonist's story and her companion, making good progress. But I am looking forward to return to my other protagonist and continue his story and have him joined by a new companion. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brenadjnendad