Alternative to Shops?

lil1I

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to make shops (potions, weapons, general store, etc.) but in a place wherein there's supposed to be no people in it so it doesn't make sense that there's a shop in that place. What can be an alternative? I am really out of ideas.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Depending on the genre, vending machines of different sorts might work.
For a more fantasy based game, you would probably have to construct (via frankenspriting) a more plausible graphic than the vending machines in the modern tile sets.

lil1I

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Depending on the genre, vending machines of different sorts might work.
For a more fantasy based game, you would probably have to construct (via frankenspriting) a more plausible graphic than the vending machines in the modern tile sets.
oh... sorry I forgot to be more specific. The place is a barren planet. The game is futuristic (you travel in different planets) but the planets are kinda empty just full of snow, forest, mountains, etc.

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Vending machines OR vending robots.

Pretty much what fallout 76 did on its first iteration (no people, barren land, only bots and machines)

TinyRecorder

Tiny Steps & Rainy Stars
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Maybe your main character can befriend a person to hook you up with supply drops or something, for a fee of course. Scratch their back and they'll scratch yours type of thing.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if there is no economy, then shops are useless anyway, because without economy money is useless.

make manufacturing stations instead where the player can build his weapons from the scrap the enemies drop and so on.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I agree with Andar, it sounds like you're heading toward a crafting system. Otherwise, if it's a barren planet that's empty, how would there be equipment for the player to get at all?

If your setting has the ruins of an alien civilization, then your answer is you get upgraded equipment by finding it in the ruins.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Food for thought. Factorio: Spaghetti belts make your factory inefficient as you fight for space constantly. Satisfactory: Spaghetti belts and massive clipping is the most efficient way to run your factory since it's the shortest distances.
ScreenShot_8_19_2022_8_51_4.png
Both Mike and Ray here are in a "HYPE!" state after Mike uses "Wild Party", which also heals everyone. they'll do more damage and counter more often, but defense is lower along with hit rate.
WHEEL3.gif
Ooker spookers and fun attack mechanics! What a Friday!
Not today... Not today...
I guess I should send my CV to Hasbro. I've made Monopoly cheaters edition more fun and challenging. I've developed custom cheats and chest/chance cards for it. And I've cleared many nightmares through my cards and rules.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Balalaika