Altimit Pixel Movement [0.50β]

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by xilefian, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Linkerbell

Linkerbell bares fangs @ god Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah it works now, I was just running from the test button. Looking at my plugin list, the only ones that I could see messing with character placement or positioning might be a sprite zoom/map zoom plugin but I updated before I checked them and don't really want to go back haha. Thanks so much for your help.

2. Grandro

Grandro Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think your plugin is pretty good, but is there any way to get this work with YEP_RegionRestrictions?
    If I turn your plugin on, it is just ignoring the regions which should block the player... or is there any workaround?

Thank you for your time

3. RZephyr07

RZephyr07 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm noticing that there's a bit of jitter on events when moving around the map. This is visible even in your demo video on the door at 0:58.

It's not terrible, but it's a little jarring that my doors in my cities are twitching from time to time while using this plugin!

Very cool so far. Just starting a project and came across this and it seems very powerful.

4. xilefian

xilefian Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is a bug in MV itself, actually. The events are aligned to a pixel-grid, however the tilemap is not, so the tilemap smoothly scrolls between pixels whilst events click about into their pixels.

Hopefully that makes sense. I can align everything to the pixel grid - however that breaks some of the collision (makes it so sometimes there is a 1 pixel gap between touching objects - not great).

One solution I have in mind is to align the tilemap viewport to the pixel grid, solving the "source" of the problem. It annoys me too as it is visible when you're moving diagonally on an analogue grid.

5. hyuugacln

hyuugacln Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey, great plugin. I switched from Orange's pixel movement to yours because it seems to not cause any lag.
    However, there's one problem:
    When I start a new game everything works fine, but if I load a save file (even though that's a savegame created WITH your plugin on), this error shows up:

What's up with that?

Best regards! :)

6. xilefian

xilefian Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks you've highlighted a rather big error in the Plugin. I'll get to fixing it right away! Looks like I made a stupid decision when writing this part of the code and didn't test enough to catch the issues. Thanks again.

EDIT: I've fixed this issue, download the latest version from Github. Thanks again @hyuugacln and everyone else who helped track this bug down.

I'm surprised I made such a stupid mistake. Basically, when I very first started on this Plugin, my original attempts were very broken with save files because I was creating Javascript classes with methods that wrote to the save files, however methods cannot be written to save files, so I had to write some messy code to add that feature, only for it to get too complex and unwieldy.

When I started Altimit Movement I decided to avoid this issue entirely, however it looks like I didn't learn my lesson when adding the extra frames support and I made exactly the same mistake! I've now moved the extra frames to the character sprite class (where it logically belongs, too) which isn't saved to save files.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    luizcubas likes this.
  7. hyuugacln

hyuugacln Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the fix, works like charm! :)

8. Jamtec01

Jamtec01 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Love this plugin, it will benefit my project soooo much. I was having an issue running this on my parallax map. My character sprite seems to be contained to a small tile area. He can move around but not much. Is there something I'm missing?

9. Ace of Spades

Ace of Spades Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Jamtec: Check the tileset passability. If the player is on an impassable tile, they will only be able to move within the 48x48 tile.

Even though you're using a parallax map, you'll need to make sure to paint the ground in a transparent tile that is set to passable so the player can move freely through the map.

10. Jamtec01

Jamtec01 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    @Ace of Spades: I changed the tile set passability and it worked, I can walk around my town! Now I'm having an issue with region restrictions. If I use this Alitimit Movement plugin then the region restrictions stops working. What are you guys using for sprite boundaries?

11. Ace of Spades

Ace of Spades Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So unfortunately this plugin doesn't work properlywith Yanfly's region restrictions, which is a big downside. I'm hoping some sort of region restriction functionality will be built into this plugin at some point. It would be really useful to be able to choose which events are able to walk on certain regions.

Until then, I found that Hudell's Region Restriction is partially compatible. The "BlockRegionID" parameter of the plugin works, which means you can set a RegionID to restrict the movement of the player and events. The other parameters will no longer function correctly though, which means you can't assign specific regions to only block/unblock just the player or just events.

mimi-min likes this.
  12. Jamtec01

Jamtec01 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for all your help Ace. I keep hitting these roadblocks with my project and it can be super frustrating. For now I'll keep an eye on this plugin and hope it will overcome these challenges some day. Thanks again.

13. xilefian

xilefian Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Altimit Movement completely changes the collision system of RPG Maker MV, so Plugins that affect collision in some way will never be compatible.

Someone would need to make a new Plugin specifically for Altimit Movement. For the time being, you can use events with custom collision boxes to have exactly the same behaviour as these region restriction Plugins, so you don't actually need these Plugins if you want to block off and toggle areas of the map depending on region. These will block all characters - though. Regardless of if they are players or events.

14. Doktor_Q

Doktor_Q I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Without looking into the other plugin, I'd imagine the reason Hudell's plugin works is that it might mess around with the collision part of the tilemap, before altimit movement builds its internal collision map?

15. xilefian

xilefian Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yes precisely this. Altimit Movement builds a collision mesh by testing the MV collision tiles on the map, this is why it has 100% compatibility with the default MV collision system.

Any changes made to that collision map after the mesh is generated will not be used, so events with custom colliders should be used for modifying the map collision.

16. ---

First Language:
    -
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If I push two direction buttons at the same time, the character's sprite changes:

I'd like to edit the code and remove this animation change. How could I do it? What code lines change this sprite?

Linkerbell likes this.
  17. Doktor_Q

Doktor_Q I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That would be the diagonal sprite code- it assumes you have eight directions, not just four, it looks like.

Linkerbell likes this.
  18. xilefian

xilefian Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is weird, I am unable to recreate this problem that you're having. It certainly does look like code for diagonal sprite support, but this shouldn't happen unless you have extra frames XML defined.

Is it any two direction buttons? Do you have any other movement/extra-frames/collision Plugins?
    Does anyone else have this problem too?

19. ---

First Language:
    -
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I found the problem. It's related to TurnInPlace.js

I forgot to disable it when I tested your plugin.

20. RZephyr07

RZephyr07 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey xilefian, I did encounter another bug that I thought I'd make you aware of.

It appears to happen only with a very specific button combo. It relates to party followers. When holding down, pressing right, then release down (as to continue traveling east), the party members do not keep up.

Any thoughts?